[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

So, I'm really loving this build, and I'm still unsure what exactly Skitterbots is providing.

I'm not a great theorycrafting mind, so someone less smooth brain should explain it to me. :)
@PR0METHEUS: Happy to have traded you some stuff, and glad the build is working well for you! :)

About Replica Emberwake - I agree, that short of an ignite is not very useful. Sounds like you'd want a fast-hitting build to use that, which this is not.

"
BobbyBirdseed wrote:
So, I'm really loving this build, and I'm still unsure what exactly Skitterbots is providing.

I'm not a great theorycrafting mind, so someone less smooth brain should explain it to me. :)

It gives the shock aura, just to add to the damage taken by enemies. (Chilling aura slows also, but not very noticeable)
"
bogsnarth wrote:
i posted this earlier in the thread but it's several pages back now, so for people wanting to simulate the ignite in PoB, put the following mods on a piece of equipment (on a jewel is how i did it but it should also work on a flask or other piece of equipmment):

Chaos Damage can Ignite, Chill and Shock
280% More Damage with Ailments

if using added lightning from archmage or other mods, include:

Your Lightning Damage can Ignite

edit: 280% is to simulate a 40-doom hexblast, use 210% if you don't have the extra doom node, 315% for a 45-doom blast using alt-quality flammability, or 245% for alt-quality flam without the extra doom node

Wow - I didn't think the can ignite mod fixes the the damage calculation. Thanks for that!

However, you forgot to add the "More Damage with Hits" mod from hexblast! Ignite is 50% damage of the base hit, so this mod affects our damage too.
Just beat A5 Sirus deathless with this build so far. Felt comfortable enough of a fight, but would likely need some decent upgrades to beat A8 without trying to survive/mess up to mechanics for too long.

Open to any suggestions for improvement.

Note, I do enjoy the extra AOE from Hexmaster, makes clear feel much better.
"
Chairman_Chao wrote:
Just beat A5 Sirus deathless with this build so far. Felt comfortable enough of a fight, but would likely need some decent upgrades to beat A8 without trying to survive/mess up to mechanics for too long.

Open to any suggestions for improvement.

Note, I do enjoy the extra AOE from Hexmaster, makes clear feel much better.

Your alternate quality Flammability has not enough quality to increase anything. Hexblast only adds more damage with every 5 stacks of doom. Your Flammability has only +2 maximum doom stacks. Push to 20% quality for a big damage increase.

Cluster Jewels would be a big upgrade.

Amulet with fire multiplier or +1 chaos gem.

Expensive but also nice: Enhance lvl 4 instead of Onslaught for again +5 maximum doom. Alternative: The Vertex helmet and Enhance lvl 3.

Just a few things I saw while looking over your character profile

About the Life/ES tree, would it not be better to take the Life and Energy Shield nodes below Pain Attunement instead of the 3 life nodes (and one dex node) below the shadow socket?
"
PR0METHEUS wrote:
e: if anyone's curious here's the pob i'm using for my build: https://pastebin.com/6yPqesRa

Thanks for that. I made a few changes and PoB has me at 1.1m now. Still have quite a bit to change and level, but I'm much happier with the damage now.
The build is really starting to pick up, at least for me.

I felt incredibly squishy when I was playing the Life/ES version of this build, even struggling to complete level 72 heists and whatnot.

After swapping to CI, everything changed. I feel incredibly tanky now. I've picked up Apep's Shield as well, which helped my damage quite a bit.

Getting Fire Multi on all my slots is what I'm working on now.

Cluster jewels are mandatory btw.
"
Nithaya wrote:
About the Life/ES tree, would it not be better to take the Life and Energy Shield nodes below Pain Attunement instead of the 3 life nodes (and one dex node) below the shadow socket?

The nodes on the guide give more life. The nodes near PA give more ES. Unless you invest heavily into ES gear, the nodes at the top should give more eHP. If you are stacking ES, you should consider ES instead and the nodes near PA can be used with that one jewel that converts life passives into ES.

"
AustinQT wrote:
The build is really starting to pick up, at least for me.

I took a quick peak at your gear and noticed you are using Vixen's without any socketed curses and only have Flammability socketed. If you don't want to make use of those free curses, you should be able to get better gloves/boots. But the 1-2 free curses add quite a bit of damage/survival.
"
I took a quick peak at your gear and noticed you are using Vixen's without any socketed curses and only have Flammability socketed. If you don't want to make use of those free curses, you should be able to get better gloves/boots. But the 1-2 free curses add quite a bit of damage/survival.[

I was basically just using it as placeholder for now because I was under the impression that it would allow my Witchfire to be used on top of my Flammability, is this not the case?
Last edited by AustinQT on Sep 23, 2020, 4:30:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info