[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
Keydara wrote:
Is Eye of Malice a good unique helmet for us? I saw an occultist hexblast build using it, claiming that the "Nearby Enemies have 50% increased Fire Resistance" also scales the negative resistance thus providing more damage.

The issue is when we don't reach negative resistances that helmet will buff enemy's resistances instead of decrease. And even if you reach really negative res, the usefulness has diminishing returns over more damage.
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

my logic was this:
We are using hexblast + flamm to blow up the ignite, which means the flamm goes away, and hence you lose the actual -res that it gives as the mobs are burning. so you need to somehow reapply it.

If you're super lazy that's fine, but you're missing out on damage from shock and survivability from chill. You're gonna recast flam on bosses anyway, which then builds doom for your next blast. Just seems wasteful to me, but to each their own. Skitterbots will def help your boss damage though.
So I've been trying out some things with modest investment (2.5-3 ex or so), I think I have a good curse setup worked out.
1. Flammability with blasphemy
2. elemental weakness from a curse on hit ring
3. Casted despair.

I've gone up to 13's so far (wtb more map drops pls) and clear is a breeze outside some hexproof mobs. Don't even need to cast Despair most packs, just run next to them and slap a hexblast on them, it will pop the Flam off (then back on thru aura), pop your ele weakness on hit, and they burn easily. What made my boss damage MUCH better, though still not great, is Fenumus Weave gloves, the damage really ramps up when you have 3 webs on a boss.

I probably wouldn't league start again with this build, but with some investment I can see the damage actual scale well, and I am finding it pretty fun. I think I will likely work toward a crit build with Perfect Agony at some point, though that will require some serious gear.
Last edited by Drey2 on Sep 22, 2020, 4:42:43 PM
Hi.

How the build is doing right now ?
I noticed your Hexblast character has no gear anymore. Did you give up on the build and move on?

Reached yellow maps, still feeling pretty good with minimal investment. Does this build fall off hard in late red maps/guardians?
"
Renley8 wrote:
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

my logic was this:
We are using hexblast + flamm to blow up the ignite, which means the flamm goes away, and hence you lose the actual -res that it gives as the mobs are burning. so you need to somehow reapply it.

If you're super lazy that's fine, but you're missing out on damage from shock and survivability from chill. You're gonna recast flam on bosses anyway, which then builds doom for your next blast. Just seems wasteful to me, but to each their own. Skitterbots will def help your boss damage though.

Character feels pretty good now. Check out the changes.

I have a couple notes:
a) I'm not sure how much impending doom really matters in this build? since its ignite based? Can I maybe fill out my vertex with 2 curses + things to augment them?

b) I have 5-6 skill points unused at the moment. Been playing around with either doomsday or no doomsday. Generally given my play style, no doomsday feels way better but with the extra doom generation.

I wonder if I should path to the +1 curse keystone? and swap necklace? or keep necklace and add a 4th curse (despair, flamm, vuln, ???) wonder what it should be.

any feedback is appreciated
@Sucklord: without Impending Doom+Crits, EO will not be active reliably.

"
AlpacaSmacka wrote:
I noticed your Hexblast character has no gear anymore. Did you give up on the build and move on?

Reached yellow maps, still feeling pretty good with minimal investment. Does this build fall off hard in late red maps/guardians?

I play builds until I can tell that they work or don't. This one is fine, better than most other igniters for red maps. DPS still taking down red map bosses easily.

For anyone concerned about DPS, getting really good Medium Cluster Jewels is the most significant upgrade.
"
This one is fine, better than most other igniters for red maps. DPS still taking down red map bosses easily.

It's not fine though. I'd like to see some t16 guardian or sirus kills, because it's totally miserable to kill them.
"
Drey2 wrote:
So I've been trying out some things with modest investment (2.5-3 ex or so), I think I have a good curse setup worked out.
1. Flammability with blasphemy
2. elemental weakness from a curse on hit ring
3. Casted despair.

I've gone up to 13's so far (wtb more map drops pls) and clear is a breeze outside some hexproof mobs. Don't even need to cast Despair most packs, just run next to them and slap a hexblast on them, it will pop the Flam off (then back on thru aura), pop your ele weakness on hit, and they burn easily. What made my boss damage MUCH better, though still not great, is Fenumus Weave gloves, the damage really ramps up when you have 3 webs on a boss.

I probably wouldn't league start again with this build, but with some investment I can see the damage actual scale well, and I am finding it pretty fun. I think I will likely work toward a crit build with Perfect Agony at some point, though that will require some serious gear.

You should be self-casting Flammability, because it's alt quality gives +max doom
"
Tancasaur wrote:
"
This one is fine, better than most other igniters for red maps. DPS still taking down red map bosses easily.

It's not fine though. I'd like to see some t16 guardian or sirus kills, because it's totally miserable to kill them.

Firstly, you should fix your gear. Wand does nothing to ignite damage.
Then your Hexblast links, you should be using Added Chaos damage, Hypothermia is worse. Awakened Added Chaos also gives +1 Chaos gem level at lvl 5. Swift Affliction is also worse than Burning Damage.
Next, get 1 or 2 fire DoT medium clusters, Blowback and Wasting Affliction are the notables to look for.
Arcane Surge does nothing for ignite damage.

Ok this is a big one, you are using Temporal Chains. That curse makes your ignite much much slower, killing ignite dps completely. You should be manually casting alt quality Flammability, which has +max doom. Then for triggered curses pick whichever you like: Ele Weakness, Despair or Punishment. You can get Despair from Witchfire Brew as well.

People should just follow the guides, you can also check my character for ideas

EDIT:

I was actually wrong about Temp Chains
Last edited by DixuMixu on Sep 22, 2020, 7:55:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info