[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

i posted this earlier in the thread but it's several pages back now, so for people wanting to simulate the ignite in PoB, put the following mods on a piece of equipment (on a jewel is how i did it but it should also work on a flask or other piece of equipmment):

Chaos Damage can Ignite, Chill and Shock
280% More Damage with Ailments

if using added lightning from archmage or other mods, include:

Your Lightning Damage can Ignite

edit: 280% is to simulate a 40-doom hexblast, use 210% if you don't have the extra doom node, 315% for a 45-doom blast using alt-quality flammability, or 245% for alt-quality flam without the extra doom node
Last edited by bogsnarth on Sep 22, 2020, 7:21:09 PM
"
bogsnarth wrote:
i posted this earlier in the thread but it's several pages back now, so for people wanting to simulate the ignite in PoB, put the following mods on a piece of equipment (on a jewel is how i did it but it should also work on a flask or other piece of equipmment):

Chaos Damage can Ignite, Chill and Shock
280% More Damage with Ailments

if using added lightning from archmage or other mods, include:

Your Lightning Damage can Ignite

"
Firstly, you should fix your gear. Wand does nothing to ignite damage.
Then your Hexblast links, you should be using Added Chaos damage, Hypothermia is worse. Awakened Added Chaos also gives +1 Chaos gem level at lvl 5. Swift Affliction is also worse than Burning Damage.
Next, get 1 or 2 fire DoT medium clusters, Blowback and Wasting Affliction are the notables to look for.
Arcane Surge does nothing for ignite damage.

Yeah, my gear isn't perfect but it should be more than good enough. My wand gives + to spells and has lightning damage which I need in order to proc EE. It could be better, but I'm not going to spend 2 ex on a fire damage wand for this build since it would only marginally increase the damage.

Neither am I going to be able to get a level 5 awakened added chaos right now, like what? Hypothermia may be slightly worse than added chaos but I'm not sure how you can definitively say that since we can't really even pob it right now. Either way I doubt it's a super substantial difference. I'm not using burning damage due to link colors too, swift affliction is a bit worse but isn't breaking my builds damage by any means.

Most importantly getting a shit ton of cluster jewels ups my damage slightly while absolutely 100% killing any survivability, which this build already struggles to get. If I take full clusters I sit around 4k hp and 1k ES or so, making you literally die to Drox auto attacks in a t16 map. Similarly your damage hardly even gets better, it still takes many minutes to kill the boss. I tried this and opted to go for a tankier setup since the damage was shit either way, cluster jewels and ignite damage jewels did not suddenly make the build able to kill bosses.

Also arcane surge gives cast speed which is incredibly useful since this build is already clunky as all hell.

"
People should just follow the guides, you can also check my character for ideas

You're level 85 on your character with worse gear, are you even doing red maps? Have you even killed any t14+ conquerers or sirus yet?
Last edited by Tancasaur on Sep 22, 2020, 9:00:56 PM
@Tancasaur:

If you're going to complain about DPS, when you've skipped on all the cluster jewels and most of the jewel sockets, which is where a significant portion of the build's damage comes from... I really don't know what to tell you.

Getting marginally more HP at the expense of taking minutes to kill bosses seems like a weak tradeoff to make...

How about dropping the Vixens gloves, using a rare pair with +life, cutting the +curse nodes and using that to fix your DPS?

Playing any ignite build, the medium cluster jewels are MANDATORY if you want to do red map bosses quickly. The "ignites deal damage faster" stat is otherwise nearly impossible to get and it's a significant "more" multiplier.

Further, Hypothermia vs Burning Damage is not a small difference....

Anyway, if you just don't like the skill, that's fine, go play ED/Contagion or something. It's pretty pointless for you to come in and complain about problems of your own making that result from NOT following the build.
"
Tancasaur wrote:
"
Firstly, you should fix your gear. Wand does nothing to ignite damage.
Then your Hexblast links, you should be using Added Chaos damage, Hypothermia is worse. Awakened Added Chaos also gives +1 Chaos gem level at lvl 5. Swift Affliction is also worse than Burning Damage.
Next, get 1 or 2 fire DoT medium clusters, Blowback and Wasting Affliction are the notables to look for.
Arcane Surge does nothing for ignite damage.

Yeah, my gear isn't perfect but it should be more than good enough. My wand gives + to spells and has lightning damage which I need in order to proc EE. It could be better, but I'm not going to spend 2 ex on a fire damage wand for this build since it would only marginally increase the damage.

Neither am I going to be able to get a level 5 awakened added chaos right now, like what? Hypothermia may be slightly worse than added chaos but I'm not sure how you can definitively say that since we can't really even pob it right now. Either way I doubt it's a super substantial difference. I'm not using burning damage due to link colors too, swift affliction is a bit worse but isn't breaking my builds damage by any means.

Most importantly getting a shit ton of cluster jewels ups my damage slightly while absolutely 100% killing any survivability, which this build already struggles to get. If I take full clusters I sit around 4k hp and 1k ES or so, making you literally die to Drox auto attacks in a t16 map. Similarly your damage hardly even gets better, it still takes many minutes to kill the boss. I tried this and opted to go for a tankier setup since the damage was shit either way, cluster jewels and ignite damage jewels did not suddenly make the build able to kill bosses.

Also arcane surge gives cast speed which is incredibly useful since this build is already clunky as all hell.

"
People should just follow the guides, you can also check my character for ideas

You're level 85 on your character with worse gear, are you even doing red maps? Have you even killed any t14+ conquerers or sirus yet?

Someone would have to check but is a +1 to spell gems gonna add more damage then my shitty 5c sceptre with 40% ele damage, 90% fire damage and 26% damage over time with the cold damage to proc EE on it? Also the only meaningful amount of currency I've spent on my character so far is a decent 6L and I have over 7k EHP while not taking that extra life wheel at the bottom.
Last edited by Burkill on Sep 22, 2020, 9:28:31 PM
"

If you're going to complain about DPS, when you've skipped on all the cluster jewels and most of the jewel sockets, which is where a significant portion of the build's damage comes from... I really don't know what to tell you.

Getting marginally more HP at the expense of taking minutes to kill bosses seems like a weak tradeoff to make...

How about dropping the Vixens gloves, using a rare pair with +life, cutting the +curse nodes and using that to fix your DPS?

Playing any ignite build, the medium cluster jewels are MANDATORY if you want to do red map bosses quickly. The "ignites deal damage faster" stat is otherwise nearly impossible to get and it's a significant "more" multiplier.

Further, Hypothermia vs Burning Damage is not a small difference....

Anyway, if you just don't like the skill, that's fine, go play ED/Contagion or something. It's pretty pointless for you to come in and complain about problems of your own making that result from NOT following the build.

It's not just marginally more HP. It's enough HP to be able to take even a single auto attack, you are going to absolutely struggle to kill any boss with full cluster jewels because your damage will still be trash but your survival will be so bad you won't be able to do it in 6 portals short of dodging every boss mechanic for 5 minutes.

I have followed the build, I have like small differences and have played around with it a lot. My point is not even you who made the guide are able to do the content. I've done more content with it than probably most people here and I'm telling you it's trash. Do it yourself and show me a video to prove me wrong, but you haven't done that. You even gave up on the build already. The guide is misleading because the skill itself is totally trash. I dare anyone to prove me wrong, but I doubt you'll be able to because this skill is total trash.
"
Tancasaur wrote:
you are going to absolutely struggle to kill any boss with full cluster jewels because your damage will still be trash

I just checked in POB, using the workaround someone posted above. 15 points into cluster jewels doubles the DPS...

I still think the workaround doesn't account for Doom effects fully, but using it as best I can:

My version: 900k Shaper ignite DPS, 5.7K EHP
Your version: 500k Shaper ignite DPS, 6.2K EHP

(Neither are fully minmaxed... have level 19 gems, no quality, etc etc)

You just didn't itemize very well. That is the problem. You gained 500 more EHP at expense of cutting your damage nearly in half...

Is Hexblast ignite going to be the next "meta" skill? Probably not - ignite still doesn't scale as well as other damaging effects. But, it's definitely playable and not shit as you seem determined to prove. You just built it for ZDPS, and that is what you got.

Edit to add the POBs:
Yours https://pastebin.com/wNDeqdXm (I had to add 2 levels to your build to put a jewel with the ignite effect of Hexblast in)

Mine https://pastebin.com/bHrwXHfj (I removed one of my jewels to add the Standin for Hexblast ignite)
Last edited by ThanatoZGaming on Sep 22, 2020, 9:50:39 PM
"
Yours https://pastebin.com/wNDeqdXm (I had to add 2 levels to your build to put a jewel with the ignite effect of Hexblast in)

Mine https://pastebin.com/bHrwXHfj (I removed one of my jewels to add the Standin for Hexblast ignite)

That wasting affliction + blowback cluster is 6 ex right now lol. If I take burning bright + affliction/blowback instead that's more reasonable. Anyway, having 4.4k hp and 1k ES is legitimately not enough EHP to survive a Drox auto attack.

Also you didn't calculate in the curses effectively, losing elemental weakness is a dps loss. Taking burning damage is probably my biggest dps increase that won't cause me to literally die to a drox auto attack. Even if I were to double the amount of damage I do by taking full clusters and somehow manage to not die to a single drox auto, the damage is still going to be absolutely dreadful for the investment required.
Thx alot for your build guide! I played the build and I really like it!.
Btw have you checked the replica uniqe ring yet? Replica Emberwake Ruby Ring
I think it could be really good on this build, what you think?
hi! i don't post on the forum often at all, but been following this for opening weekend. this is the second time i've jumped in with a brand new gem for league starter and it has been monumentally better than the first time (tec slam)

big shoutouts to thanatoz, i don't know if you realized but i actually bought like the vast majority of my mapping rares from you haha. i didn't realize i was buying from you until last night when i checked the name of the topic poster. this build feels really really good even on a budget so i'm honestly skeptical of any claims that the build can't deal with yellow maps. i think the cluster jewels are pretty big, but it's also pretty important that you play the build correctly (there's a post in here somewhere about it).

at the moment i've got a couple ex in that probably would've been much better invested into the medium cluster jewels like thanatoz mentioned, but i will say that even just having burning bright / blowback alone is already extremely strong and last i checked pretty affordable (the highest i've ever seen a single blowback jewel was 15c, and most were going for 5c last night?)

from what i've played so far, if you're going for dps, eye of malice + ele weakness on vixen's entrapment feels amazing. according to the pob trick above i'm at 800k ignite shaper dps, which sounds way higher than it feels like but it's definitely really strong. i was able to 2 shot red baran encounter and i've literally never had trouble with any of the conquerors so far. my build right now is super duper squishy so it feels a little bad doing heists, but for general mapping i honestly have only died to personal mistakes - 4.2k life 1k es. eye of malice and vixen's entrapment are like 2-3c together and you can just go all in on res on your other gear, it's honestly not too expensive.

anyway tl;dr build is fine, works on a budget, pretty fun and not too different from ed/contagion if you played that before. maybe not amazing build but i had fun and easily cleared up to red maps on like 20-30c total gear. thanks thanatoz =)

also re: above, replica emberwake feels really bad since the duration of the ignite (~0.4s) is shorter than the 1s it takes to max out your doom and you're primarily gonna want it for your single target anyway. i wouldn't get it on this build, though it looks really good for other builds that stack ignites faster

e: if anyone's curious here's the pob i'm using for my build: https://pastebin.com/6yPqesRa

probably a bit exaggerated somewhere but i don't care to find out where exactly
Last edited by PR0METHEUS on Sep 22, 2020, 11:31:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info