[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

kinda sad how bad single target is. Even yellow map bosses take forever. Died 3-4 times to hunter cause just not enough dps

what can I easily convert this character into? I think OP also bailed on the character
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
kinda sad how bad single target is. Even yellow map bosses take forever. Died 3-4 times to hunter cause just not enough dps

what can I easily convert this character into? I think OP also bailed on the character

You're using EE but don't have anything to trigger it. That's a big issue for single target. Arcane Surge is also useless. Looks like you're also running dual curse but have no second curse. May want to consider Vixen's, and running Despair+Ele Weakness/Vuln.

Edit: Make sure you're also waiting for the secondary hex explosion from Doomsday. Getting an alt quality Flammability for 5 extra max doom also helps quite a lot.
Last edited by Renley8 on Sep 22, 2020, 1:21:41 PM
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

The build does not have DPS problems in yellow maps, so you're doing something wrong. Renley8 had some good suggestions.

And yeah, I'm playing something else now - I usually play builds long enough to make sure they work. This one works, so I'm testing something new :)

As for new videos, if anyone wants to record some super late-game content, I'll link your videos in the OP!

"
Renley8 wrote:
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

You're using EE but don't have anything to trigger it. That's a big issue for single target. Arcane Surge is also useless. Looks like you're also running dual curse but have no second curse. May want to consider Vixen's, and running Despair+Ele Weakness/Vuln.

Edit: Make sure you're also waiting for the secondary hex explosion from Doomsday. Getting an alt quality Flammability for 5 extra max doom also helps quite a lot.

1) Ok thanks- I swapped a weapon but now I see it took away from EE possibility.

2) Isnt witchfire a curse effect?

I use arcane for the cast speed and mana regen - what would you suggest instead of it?
I'm currently fiddeling with PoB to see if I can get the damage calculation working.

If we assume, Hexblast would be doing fire damage and add a jewel which gives % more damage to ailments and hits, would this be the correct final calculation or would something be missing?
Last edited by Restoron on Sep 22, 2020, 1:58:00 PM
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

1) Ok thanks- I swapped a weapon but now I see it took away from EE possibility.

I use arcane for the cast speed and mana regen - what would you suggest instead of it?

Oh derp, forgot about Witchfire. Fair enough then! I will say though, Vixens are quite nice for this build. Maybe something to consider later down the line.

As for Arcane Surge, I mean, that is fine if you don't need to slots for other stuff.

Looks like your running Flam blasphemy and Flam curse? I'd maybe swap the blasphemy for skitter bots. Since Flam blasphemy can't build doom, it's not serving a ton of purpose.
"
Restoron wrote:
I'm currently fiddeling with PoB to see if I can get the damage calculation working.

If we assume, Hexblast would be doing fire damage and add a jewel which gives % more damage to ailments and hits, would this be the correct final calculation or would something be missing?

AFAIK, that should work?
"
Renley8 wrote:
"
Restoron wrote:

AFAIK, that should work?

Well then it is less damage than I have expected...

To anyone who wants to test this:

1. follow the "Setting up a development install" in this readme:
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

2. navigate into PoB Folder -> Data -> 3_0 -> Skills -> and open act_int.lua with your preferred text editor

3. search for "hexblast" and modify these in the stats parameter:
"spell_minimum_base_chaos_damage" to "spell_minimum_base_fire_damage"
"spell_maximum_base_chaos_damage" to "spell_maximum_base_fire_damage"

4. save the file and reload PoB (F5)

5. add a jewel with the "more" modifiers from the corresponding hex (40 for default with skill tree)

Of course this ignores every chaos damage scaling as Hexblast is then doing fire damage instead. But this should only affect Despair - I think...

For reference: If we use the sample gear hybrid/CI PoB link, enable all flasks, add malevolance, check ignore skill hit damage and ghost shrouds in config we get this damage result:

EDIT: Forgot to add fire exposure from scorching ray. So its about 100k DPS higher
Last edited by Restoron on Sep 22, 2020, 2:52:32 PM
"
Renley8 wrote:
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

Oh derp, forgot about Witchfire. Fair enough then! I will say though, Vixens are quite nice for this build. Maybe something to consider later down the line.

As for Arcane Surge, I mean, that is fine if you don't need to slots for other stuff.

Looks like your running Flam blasphemy and Flam curse? I'd maybe swap the blasphemy for skitter bots. Since Flam blasphemy can't build doom, it's not serving a ton of purpose.

my logic was this:
We are using hexblast + flamm to blow up the ignite, which means the flamm goes away, and hence you lose the actual -res that it gives as the mobs are burning. so you need to somehow reapply it.
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:
"
Renley8 wrote:
"
SuckLord3000 wrote:

my logic was this:
We are using hexblast + flamm to blow up the ignite, which means the flamm goes away, and hence you lose the actual -res that it gives as the mobs are burning. so you need to somehow reapply it.

Then recast it xD This isn't a one button build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info