[3.12] Hexblast IGNITE Trickster | Laser from the Sky, Chaos Ignites! | Hybrid or CI.

"
x23dong wrote:
Vulnerability got the ailments deal damage 20% faster line which seems good. Either that or temp chains?

The damage with just blasting off of witchfire brew feels lackluster, but my gem is only 18 and gear pretty crap so. One minor annoyance is with witchfire up, you can't manually cast despair and get doom, since from what I can tell it's overridden by witchfire brew. I feel like manual casting despair gives the best ignites, if you have flammability on the vixens.

Oh yea, that is the new Vulnerability change.

Vulnerability patch changes:
Spoiler

No longer causes attack hits to have a chance to Maim cursed enemies.
No longer causes cursed enemies to take increased physical damage from damage over time.
Curses applied by casting this spell now gain 10 Doom per second.
Now causes ailments inflicted on cursed enemies to deal damage 20% faster.

I think I would still use Flammability as a Curse aura though so I can speed run with second curse being Temp Chains for Doom stacks + EE/EO proc. If Ignite chance is high enough to not need the chance to ignite from Flammability, then flip them. Temp Chains while sprinting through Heist sounds so nice.

Witchfire for me just acts a curse aura with no mana reservation until I get +1 curse. I can speed run and pop things without pre-cursing them unless they are tankier rares/bosses. But it will be instant-dropped once I get Cinderswallow.
Alright so I've played this to level 91 now and killed a5 sirus and up to t16 maps, did a t16 Drox with it too. That said, this build is complete and utter dogshit and I hate it. It does nothing exceptional as far as I can tell, bossing is perhaps the worst experience I've ever had, and map clear is okay I suppose but it feels just worse than ED/contagion.

I don't know if there's more I can do to make the skill not feel like complete trash but I doubt it. I have a 21/20 hex with +3 gem levels from amulet/wand/shield. I also have 2 awakened gems among other stuff, my gear should be more than adequate to be able to do pretty much all the content without too many issues but this skill just feels like complete shit to me. It's especially bad at bossing and killing anything that's curse immune.
"
Tancasaur wrote:
Alright so I've played this to level 91 now and killed a5 sirus and up to t16 maps, did a t16 Drox with it too. That said, this build is complete and utter dogshit and I hate it. It does nothing exceptional as far as I can tell, bossing is perhaps the worst experience I've ever had, and map clear is okay I suppose but it feels just worse than ED/contagion.

I don't know if there's more I can do to make the skill not feel like complete trash but I doubt it. I have a 21/20 hex with +3 gem levels from amulet/wand/shield. I also have 2 awakened gems among other stuff, my gear should be more than adequate to be able to do pretty much all the content without too many issues but this skill just feels like complete shit to me. It's especially bad at bossing and killing anything that's curse immune.

I agree that the skill can be a bit clunky. For those seeking pure power/speed there are probably stronger things out there.

However, just for clarity of people reading, when you say "this build is shit" you're talking about your own take on the build - as you've heavily diverged in a lot of ways from what I recommended. (e.g. investing heavily into extra curses and choosing not to get cluster jewels, which is where a lot of DPS comes from).

It doesn't surprise me that you had problems with bosses and curse immune enemies as a result...

Anyway, good luck with your next character! Glad this one at least got you to 91.
"
Tancasaur wrote:

Just pointing out things I see, but I'm also not in red maps yet.

Your wand and shield are missing any sort of explicit damage, so that is like 120% increased damage you could have. Your amulet too, but much harder to get both damage + gem level this early.
You have no cluster jewels because you've spent a ton of points buffing your curses. And only 1 regular jewel with 1 damage and life.
Hex Master seems like wasted points if you're also using Doomsday.
And the Hexproof is why I'm leaning towards Cospri's Will for chest. Can't remember the other way to bypass Hexproof aside from Occultist.
"
And the Hexproof is why I'm leaning towards Cospri's Will for chest. Can't remember the other way to bypass Hexproof aside from Occultist.

Question is, How do you color it? it requires 4 offcolors =/
"
Nikerym wrote:
Question is, How do you color it? it requires 4 offcolors =/

Bench crafting. Start with 2 sockets, roll for off colors, add remove third socket for off color, add remove fourth socket for off color, etc.
"

However, just for clarity of people reading, when you say "this build is shit" you're talking about your own take on the build - as you've heavily diverged in a lot of ways from what I recommended.

While yes, this is just my take on the build I have experience with it and other skills and this skill just feels terrible by comparison. Also I have tried your version, I've spent hundreds of respec points trying any possible way to make it work, so you're just looking at the current iteration of it. Neither the way you have it set up nor the way you saw nor the current way where I have more hp and less damage are working for me at all.

"
Your wand and shield are missing any sort of explicit damage, so that is like 120% increased damage you could have. Your amulet too, but much harder to get both damage + gem level this early.
You have no cluster jewels because you've spent a ton of points buffing your curses. And only 1 regular jewel with 1 damage and life.
Hex Master seems like wasted points if you're also using Doomsday.

Yeah, my gear is far from perfect but I feel like it should be more than adequate for now. It doesn't help that it's hard to simulate it right now since PoB isn't calculating the damage correctly.

I was playing with cluster jewels earlier actually and opted to not bother with the points invested in it because it cost me so much survivability and the damage difference was absolutely not worth it for me.

Also the reason I took hex master was mostly for the increased AoE because without some AoE somewhere on the tree clear becomes totally miserable. Also I was playing without Doomsday for the majority of the time which I think I preferred anyway.
Last edited by Tancasaur on Sep 22, 2020, 2:56:36 AM
Is there any way to simulate the damage in PoB or do we just have to wait for the community edition to fix this?
It is really hard to try things out without the proper damage calculation...
Hello, thanks for this build i realy like it.
I'm right now clear T13 maps(core) with your build, but it was realy hard for me, not enought damage for boss.
So i searching the chepest ways to scale my dps. What about enchantments for helmet?

So for heblast ther is "Hexblast deals #% increased Damage" does this affect base hit, that will scale ignite or not? Or it's like spell damage that won't work on ignite?

If hexblast enchantmets a bad, what should i search? Like flameabilty or what?

P.S.
Yes i saw the How to Scale ignite dps, but it's not enought for me.
My current items and passive tree : https://pastebin.com/JySbnxTZ
Last edited by asa193 on Sep 22, 2020, 4:25:07 AM
"
Restoron wrote:
Is there any way to simulate the damage in PoB or do we just have to wait for the community edition to fix this?
It is really hard to try things out without the proper damage calculation...

I'm wondering the exact same thing. I don't know how to calculate the ignite in PoB, it's only showing initial hit damage which I'm fairly certain also isn't working properly.
Last edited by AustinQT on Sep 22, 2020, 4:25:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info