[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

He said it himself it's not meant to facetank.

RudyBaby wrote:
* Not sure what you're doing, but this is not a block build and not meant to facetank stuff. A large part of its defensive power comes from it being always moving, only stopping briefly every 4 sec.

I've played vortex occultist before, that's not something I personally would use to facetank. For the last time, I am not attacking his build. And I also put an insane amount of hours on PoB trying to figure out a decent balance (for ME, for MY personal use) of damage and defensiveness.

This is my current eHP on my necro, OBVIOUSLY the damage I can output with it is much lower. Here's the whole POB, so you can see there's no POB warrior fuckery going on: https://pastebin.com/Fv9J84fP

Again, I came to this build because I didn't think my necro was tanky enough. I'm not in ANY WAY saying the Necro is a better build or can do delve n^1000, all I wanted was something tankier than my necro while keeping somewhat the same damage (3 geysers, firing projectiles of 400k damage (after exposures, buffs, etc) each with overlapping explosions) to actually do content I care about.
Last edited by gtankbr on Feb 1, 2021, 5:16:49 AM
"
Any suggestion to put this into even new level?

Why am I seeing 122/123 skill points for you on PoB? Are you missing a quest point or am I missing something on pob?

Also you're picking up a few trailing small passives here and there (like 5% life and 8% mana). Maybe converting those to the last jewel socket is worth?
Last edited by RudyBaby on Feb 1, 2021, 5:43:05 AM
Chill guys, u/gtankbr is looking for a build that can literally afk with block, and recovery on block or regen to fill back up. Which this build is not. A high block build with good recovery is essentially immortal against a stream of small hits while this build is not. This builds stronger against big single hits (18-20k hp as opposed to necro's 10k when arcane cloak is down), which gtankbr also wants, but is not ready to give up the block/regen from necro.
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
Any suggestion to put this into even new level?

Why am I seeing 122/123 skill points for you on PoB? Are you missing a quest point or am I missing something on pob?

Also you're picking up a few trailing small passives here and there (like 5% life and 8% mana). Maybe converting those to the last jewel socket is worth?

I checked POB, 123/123.

I didn't pick Eye of the storm, but pick Storm drinker, maybe that's the reason?

I see what you mean there, interesting. 5% life + 16% mana => 7% life 10% mana 27 crit multiplier is very good.

I need to buy another jewel then, the price is increasing a lot.
"
RudyBaby wrote:
Chill guys, u/gtankbr is looking for a build that can literally afk with block, and recovery on block or regen to fill back up. Which this build is not. A high block build with good recovery is essentially immortal against a stream of small hits while this build is not. This builds stronger against big single hits (18-20k hp as opposed to necro's 10k when arcane cloak is down), which gtankbr also wants, but is not ready to give up the block/regen from necro.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. With second wind + dynamo means there's very short windows where arcane cloak is down, but yeah, those are the windows where I die.
Last edited by gtankbr on Feb 1, 2021, 9:22:23 AM
RE: anomalous archmage + divergent trinity

Trinity doesn't work with archmage does it? Archmage will always result in lightning being the highest elemental damage per hit.

"Hits with Supported Skills for which the highest Damage Type is Elemental cause you to gain 25 Resonance of other Elements per second for 2 seconds"

So you'll gain fire/cold resonance but never gain lightning resonance because lightning damage is always the highest.

--
Supported Skills deal 5% more Elemental Damage per 5 of lowest Resonance
Supported Skills penetrate 18% Elemental Resistances while each Resonance is at least 25
--
These two will never apply because lightning resonance is 0.

Am I missing something here?

On the other hand, if you can pull off COTB then you can have pretty good freezing.

You can also run anomalous archmage without trinity and have split dmg with ele pen and take advantage of some +cold/+lightning notables and nodes. Doubtful they scale more than strictly lightning.
"
antmit wrote:
RE: anomalous archmage + divergent trinity

Trinity doesn't work with archmage does it? Archmage will always result in lightning being the highest elemental damage per hit.

Not true, maybe you misread anomalous archmage? Lvl 20 Anomalous archmage at 18 quality essentially reads: "Gain 54% of mana cost as added lightning dmg, Gain 54% of mana cost as added cold dmg". Yes it will also have a little bit extra of flat lightning but thats not hard to counteract.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Feb 1, 2021, 10:29:30 AM
ahh-- I was looking at 20% quality, thanks for the clarification!
Hey, I would like to try this build but I am getting an error when importing any of the PoB pastebin links, any idea how to make it work ? Thanks :)
Hi I was wondering if the maximum mana levels for the breakpoints are up to date? I'm currently at 9746 unreserved mana with a bv cost of 1654. I thought I would reach 1800 by then. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I didn't see the quality effect for archmage :)
IGN: Raskary
Last edited by Raskary on Feb 1, 2021, 11:47:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info