[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
RudyBaby wrote:

Apart from setting stuff correctly in pob (mana spent recently, exposure, ~10% shock), I see several issues with your tree.

You're spending FIVE POINTS to get 40 dex? Unnaceptable, fix your gear for more dex.
You're pathing the wrong way to the Unnatural Instinct jewel socket.
No added flat fire damage to proc ignite for Cinderswallow.
I see youre in the process of filling out your cluster jewels? Once you fill it with a couple good jewels that should help. Levelling up archmage support is also big.

Thanks I finally fixed my build, it feels much more better now
First of all thank you for excellent guide.

Question: Why do you need Arcane Surge as a Support Gem? Would you get it anyway from many different other sources like chance on kill and even from Ascendancy on hit?

Or is it mainly a thing of the Mana multiplier?

i just started the build but couldnt get rid of my red socket in the Staff, so im currently running damage on full life Support.

Works for now, but im just progressing yellow maps.

Also, did you hear anything about Hiero being bugged atm?
Higher Arcane Surges not overwriting the lower ones?

Thanks and enjoy!
So I decided to try rare chest and I end up with this bad boy:

So it feels way better then my old Cloak of Defiance:

I got +300 Hp 4% of dodge, 5% mana instead of HP and 1.5% crit chance for spells. I lost 300 mana and 250 ES.

DPS wise - I got ~10% more DPS thanks to crit chance. Also still thinking what to put there instead of Lightning res

My POB if someone interested (with both armors): https://pastebin.com/UXzZQ6X0
Thats a superb chest, nicely done :)
Hey! Great build! The overlay REALLY helps with the timing.

I recently switched to this (and made a new char to go with it) from a Cremation necro so I had a LOT of the gear already.
A few issues:

-I don't have the clarity watcher's eye yet so, that 10% is still missing. However, I'm getting wtfdestroyed in maps (granted I'm lvl 85 on this char but all that I'm missing is the damage nodes for staff crit, staff crit mult). Veritania A8 basically deleted me in 1 "Revolting". My resists are capped (except for chaos, but I'm gonna use one of the medium/small clusters for that). Thoughts? (Just for a frame of reference, the Necro could sit there and eat anything Veritania threw at her at lvl 80 (A8 Veritania). I tried Maven 10 with this build and got my shit pushed in almost instantly)
- I just arrived at 9k mana but I can't seem to break 2m DPS on your "mid range" PoB. I know I'm missing some crit multi, but that won't push 2m to 14.5m. I tested on PoB with the 9.5k mana and it will only reach 6.6m with the multi jewels.
- On the PoB note: Conviction of Power or Illuminated devotion? Your PoB has Illuminated devotion but you mention in your post it should be conviction of power so I'm a little confused.
- Vortex. Besides chill and cull, any point to it? We don't really benefit from on-hit vs chilled enemies with anything in the build.

Thank you!
Last edited by gtankbr on Jan 31, 2021, 4:15:31 PM
* Not sure what you're doing, but this is not a block build and not meant to facetank stuff. A large part of its defensive power comes from it being always moving, only stopping briefly every 4 sec.
* Are you setting "Mana spent recently" correctly in your config? Thats the key config that newer players tend to miss, set it to whatever your BV manacost is before indigon (im guessing, around 1600+).
* Yes I've been too lazy to update the PoBs since the hiero ascendancy got reshuffled this patch. Conviction of Power is superior imo, unless you have no life leech elsewhere.
* Vortex for chill cull and curse, and to increase our mana spent recently (but read the caveats first!).
"
RudyBaby wrote:
* Not sure what you're doing, but this is not a block build and not meant to facetank stuff. A large part of its defensive power comes from it being always moving, only stopping briefly every 4 sec.
- Ok that was my mistake then, I figured with the massive eHP I could just face tank stuff. Won't repeat that anymore. I just figured that a "tank" wouldn't get wtfexploded by Veritania's crap.

* Are you setting "Mana spent recently" correctly in your config? Thats the key config that newer players tend to miss, set it to whatever your BV manacost is before indigon (im guessing, around 1600+).
- Not a new player and yeah, it's set.

* Yes I've been too lazy to update the PoBs since the hiero ascendancy got reshuffled this patch. Conviction of Power is superior imo, unless you have no life leech elsewhere.
- Got a cluster with Doryani's, Just didn't seem enough leech for Mavel 10, for example. Or the Formed, or the Twisted.

* Vortex for chill cull and curse, and to increase our mana spent recently (but read the caveats first!).

- I did, I'm using Asenath's to help with the clear, which is abysmal without any sort of explosion/chain effect. I can't afford Awakened Hextouch yet so... can't use conductivity (which only increases the DPS by about 500k on PoB).
Last edited by gtankbr on Jan 31, 2021, 6:03:13 PM
"
RudyBaby wrote:

Just curious, how you got to 2k depth without it being a "tanky build".
Did you apply the "kill before get killed" principle?
"
FedeS wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:

Just curious, how you got to 2k depth without it being a "tanky build".
Did you apply the "kill before get killed" principle?

Combination of large ehp to tank huge hits once in a while, good recovery with cinderswallow to fill back up, and big damage and mobility to not get hit much in the first place.
"
gtankbr wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:
- Ok that was my mistake then, I figured with the massive eHP I could just face tank stuff. Won't repeat that anymore. I just figured that a "tank" wouldn't get wtfexploded by Veritania's crap.

- Not a new player and yeah, it's set.

- Got a cluster with Doryani's, Just didn't seem enough leech for Mavel 10, for example. Or the Formed, or the Twisted.

- I did, I'm using Asenath's to help with the clear, which is abysmal without any sort of explosion/chain effect. I can't afford Awakened Hextouch yet so... can't use conductivity (which only increases the DPS by about 500k on PoB).

I won't lie, your passive aggressiveness is kinda ticking me off. You are apparently trying to facetank Formed/Twisted fights at level 85 with shit gear. Your tree is such that allocating Elemental Overload is literally an increase in DPS. I dont even know whats going on with your flasks. And then youre here complaining about getting destroyed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info