[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

Look like it's end game gear for me, not sure if I need the rare chest because +1
max res is too good... I have 76% fire cold lightning res (works well with Wise Oak) and 45% chaos resist, 4.9k/4.4k/9k HP/ES/Mana

Any suggestion to put this into even new level?
"
WrongBlight wrote:
@Whitelock
"
By using Anomalous Archmage you at 18% you convert exactly 50% to cold, then using Divergent trinity to convert Some of BV's phys into a random element lets us sustaion trinities res stacks even on a single target with ease.

You're missing new elemental penetration gem, that's just slightly below pen value vs non-awakened lpen, but applies to all elements, and will surely be BIS.

Let's have more in-depth look though...

The one thing missing is that converting to cold lets you change the cremator cluster because the shatter takes care of corpses, so you can have another medium with magnifier and towering or even go for the curse cluster with evil eye and master of fear (in case you dont have unnerve gloves)

I think both set ups might end up being viable, you could even consider not running any aura and go for a second ring to add a lot of ehp

I personally have not tried the cold version yet but im currently leveling the gems to test it ou
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
gtankbr wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:
* Not sure what you're doing, but this is not a block build and not meant to facetank stuff. A large part of its defensive power comes from it being always moving, only stopping briefly every 4 sec.
- Ok that was my mistake then, I figured with the massive eHP I could just face tank stuff. Won't repeat that anymore. I just figured that a "tank" wouldn't get wtfexploded by Veritania's crap.

* Are you setting "Mana spent recently" correctly in your config? Thats the key config that newer players tend to miss, set it to whatever your BV manacost is before indigon (im guessing, around 1600+).
- Not a new player and yeah, it's set.

* Yes I've been too lazy to update the PoBs since the hiero ascendancy got reshuffled this patch. Conviction of Power is superior imo, unless you have no life leech elsewhere.
- Got a cluster with Doryani's, Just didn't seem enough leech for Mavel 10, for example. Or the Formed, or the Twisted.

* Vortex for chill cull and curse, and to increase our mana spent recently (but read the caveats first!).

- I did, I'm using Asenath's to help with the clear, which is abysmal without any sort of explosion/chain effect. I can't afford Awakened Hextouch yet so... can't use conductivity (which only increases the DPS by about 500k on PoB).

I won't lie, your passive aggressiveness is kinda ticking me off. You are apparently trying to facetank Formed/Twisted fights at level 85 with shit gear. Your tree is such that allocating Elemental Overload is literally an increase in DPS. I dont even know whats going on with your flasks. And then youre here complaining about getting destroyed.

I apologize, it wasn't meant to be passive-agressive, it was more confused than anything else. The main reason I swapped to it was to have something sturdier than the Necro.
The necro didn't need a bottled faith so.. none yet. The other flasks were just for a test run, I normally build characters around NOT depending on flasks.
The gear isn't shit, I just moved a lot of the Necro gear onto the Hiero, so, I didn't need crit multi on it. Yes, Elemental overload would be a DPS boost, because, as I said, it didn't have the multi yet.
The Formed and The Twisted are harder encounters, but the Necro completed both at lvl 85 with worse gear (took forever, obviously).
I didn't mean to attack your build, I was genuinely confused as to why I was getting exploded by Veritania.
"
Look like it's end game gear for me, not sure if I need the rare chest because +1
max res is too good... I have 76% fire cold lightning res (works well with Wise Oak) and 45% chaos resist, 4.9k/4.4k/9k HP/ES/Mana

Thats pretty impressive, very endgame gear in a pretty short time. Only couple things I can think of.
* Try for stun immunity implicits on jewels? It needs a lot of rerolls, but it frees up a flask suffix and its good to be stun immune even without flasks.
* Boot and belt enchantments.
* Is Tailwind really that much value over life on boots? You already have elusive and HH. How much speed do you need lol.
* Throw some divines at a glorious vanity for good small passives. Maybe you've already done that, I dont know.
* Wait for a triple mod watchers eye to appear on market :)

EDIT: Divine your cinderswallow to 3/3/3 if you can, thats a massive increase in recovery.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Jan 31, 2021, 10:47:34 PM
"
Souse03 wrote:
"
WrongBlight wrote:
@Whitelock
"
By using Anomalous Archmage you at 18% you convert exactly 50% to cold, then using Divergent trinity to convert Some of BV's phys into a random element lets us sustaion trinities res stacks even on a single target with ease.

You're missing new elemental penetration gem, that's just slightly below pen value vs non-awakened lpen, but applies to all elements, and will surely be BIS.

Let's have more in-depth look though...

The one thing missing is that converting to cold lets you change the cremator cluster because the shatter takes care of corpses, so you can have another medium with magnifier and towering or even go for the curse cluster with evil eye and master of fear (in case you dont have unnerve gloves)

I think both set ups might end up being viable, you could even consider not running any aura and go for a second ring to add a lot of ehp

I personally have not tried the cold version yet but im currently leveling the gems to test it ou

I just wanna add that having cold dmg to freeze has IMO a high utility value thats not reflected if you only wanna compare DPS values. Id gladly take 10% less dps if it meant I was freezing everything. So yeah the trinity idea intrigues me.
Thanks for the build Rudy, it's definitely the strongest build I've played for the amount I've put into it. Looking forward to taking it to high budget if I can stay interested - to be honest it trivializes content to an extent that can make things a bit boring :)

A few thoughts to throw out there:

The Plume version is really ridiculously strong. Once you get used to it, it works really quite well for normal mapping. Zana and abyss are a little annoying but it's well worth the trade off.

On my budget adding Marylene's and dropping Cloak for Replica Kaom's felt really strong. Not sure what it'll look like with proper gems and clusters at a higher level. FYI anyone trying out plume beware that leveling gems breaks the crit chance as far as I can tell, and if obviously keeping BV up becomes more important.

I've tried to substitute all the obvious crit chance in the build. If anyone has taken this to an extreme (like radically different tree pathing or something) let me know. I've just done the obvious stuff like flasks and a few skill areas.

I've been trying for maybe 25 maps or so the trinity / anomalous archmage variant and, as silly as it sounds, the freezing is super satisfying in a way that cremation wasn't. I've liked it a lot so far, but the math done previously (thanks for that) sounds like it's not necessarily stronger in the high budget realm. Until I get there though I think I'll stick with it. One thing to note is that trinity takes 2 seconds to power up, and for most boss fights they're already dead at the point. It may be a situation where it's on paper better DPS but for practical purposes it's negligible.

Lastly, as has been reported, I found corpse explosion with Asenath's pretty underwhelming because of the lack of scaling. Anyways, thanks again for such a great and well thought out build. It's tons of fun!

"

I won't lie, your passive aggressiveness is kinda ticking me off. You are apparently trying to facetank Formed/Twisted fights at level 85 with shit gear. Your tree is such that allocating Elemental Overload is literally an increase in DPS. I dont even know whats going on with your flasks. And then youre here complaining about getting destroyed.

LOL. Rudy is the fucking man. This dude put in an ungodly amount of work to put together this build. He almost always responds to questions and is completely open to everyone's own interpretations. Do your damn research before posting. I will tell you all this, I've been playing this game since release and there has never been a build that has come close. When I see an Aul w/mods in delve now i'm excited, when before, i'd have to cheese some shit to hope to kill him. Read through everything and take a look at the easy to read instructions on what to do. If you want to clear all content in the game and kill all delve bosses up to 1500 w/ease... pay attention.
"
HecklerCope wrote:
"

LOL. Rudy is the fucking man. This dude put in an ungodly amount of work to put together this build. He almost always responds to questions and is completely open to everyone's own interpretations. Do your damn research before posting. I will tell you all this, I've been playing this game since release and there has never been a build that has come close. When I see an Aul w/mods in delve now i'm excited, when before, i'd have to cheese some shit to hope to kill him. Read through everything and take a look at the easy to read instructions on what to do. If you want to clear all content in the game and kill all delve bosses up to 1500 w/ease... pay attention.

Again, I was not attacking his build nor being passive aggressive, I was confused. I understood tanky as "face tank". The build is good, I was using my Necro's gear (cremation/agnostic/archmage) for it, which doesn't have crit multi so it felt relatively weak in comparison. Again, not the right gear for damage. I read every single part of the guide, multiple times. I was a bit worried when I didn't see much attack block and a bit of spell block/dodge, but figured the massive eHP would be enough for facetank. Again, my mistake.

I've been playing since release as well and I've killed literally all delve bosses as well with different builds, some with ease some with a lot of work. Never cared to go 1500 delve, stopped at 600 I think, can't remember. I genuinely wasn't even looking for a build for delving, I just wanted something that would avoid the one shots that were plaguing my necro. I PREFER builds which can facetank, even if sacrificing some damage (as long as it's not something mind numbing like HoWA Juggs), but that's personal preference, I don't have the patience for running around. The ONLY reason I followed this guide was because I assumed this would be a build I can facetank with, and my assumption was wrong. The only content I'm missing THIS league are some of the Maven's fights, which are pretty much the only things even mildly challenging (besides delve).

There's literally no need for this aggressive response, as in no way I attacked his build or said it wasn't good, it's just not something I see myself putting 100 ex in.
Last edited by gtankbr on Feb 1, 2021, 4:08:28 AM
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"

Thats pretty impressive, very endgame gear in a pretty short time. Only couple things I can think of.
* Try for stun immunity implicits on jewels? It needs a lot of rerolls, but it frees up a flask suffix and its good to be stun immune even without flasks.
* Boot and belt enchantments.
* Is Tailwind really that much value over life on boots? You already have elusive and HH. How much speed do you need lol.
* Throw some divines at a glorious vanity for good small passives. Maybe you've already done that, I dont know.
* Wait for a triple mod watchers eye to appear on market :)

EDIT: Divine your cinderswallow to 3/3/3 if you can, thats a massive increase in recovery.

- Stun immunity is good, I will get it someday... I rolled like 20 times already and got only 1, so rare...
- Enchantment is on my list, just a bit lazy to do lab haha.
- Tailwind is suffix so it doesn’t cost hp. Elusive is prefix though. I just realize tailwind alone is not good enough (8%), maybe I need evalated one (10%), elusive buff will decay overtime and not rebuff... maybe skip elusive to get hp... but it is a nice boots so far (only 1 in market with t1 mana) so I don’t want to ruin it lol. And it may cost me 20e more just for 2% action speed... like throwing money to trash haha.
- my vanity is very good, 36% resist + 3% ms.
- 2 mod watcher eyes already hard enough to find lol, need to wait more.
Last edited by cutiechuchu on Feb 1, 2021, 4:46:52 AM
With current prices you can facetank entire game on 20ex budget, idk what you are on about. Any build which can survive even single hits in 2k delve by definition is insanely tanky. And there tools to make it tankier still beyond that.

This build is tankier than specialized tank builds like vortex occultist with full defensive curses. And has 10x mobility and 1000x damage of it.
Last edited by Jadame on Feb 1, 2021, 4:28:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info