[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
HecklerCope wrote:
Hit 2K pretty smoothly, thanks Rudy. Time to go back and hit those humid fissures :)

Gratz. The game mocked me) More than 6-7 attempts with 60k sulfite, to pass 1 milestone. From all sides Beyonds, Bloodlines or ways like that))

When you die at the last corner, you want to break something))) In such conditions, help only tactics with maximum running speed and running through mobs with phase run))
Hey guys!

Ive finally achieved to craft my own unnerve gloves, not the best ones, but it works form me.
I'm just mapping and doing simulacrum, not interested in mine at all.
What can I improve now on my gear?

Looks pretty solid to me. Life on boots would be nice.

Are your resists fully balanced for Wise Oak? Or at least high lightning and low but equal fire+cold?

You can get minor upgrades to all your jewels I think. I see you have one jewel with "chance to avoid being stunned". If you can get another jewel with that then you can switch your cinderswallow to crit instead of stun avoidance.

Divining Indigon to 60% is a non-trivial amount of dmg increase.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Nov 9, 2020, 11:55:30 AM
So I started this build today on my 95 Hiero with around 40ex budget. Decided to start off with explody chest with frenzy charges on hit. Started with 1400 mana breakpoint. The clear was absolutely nuts, map bosses and conquerors melted as well. I decided to try out this build vs A8 - like many said before, being hit between phases or standing in the degens while Sirus moves around hurts (even with positive chaos res). I killed him very quickly though and got... awakened multistrike. That's absolutely nuts value this league so I immediately decided to go for better defensively oriented version of the build with Cloak of Defiance, but as I wanted to keep explosions in, I managed to fit in Asenath Touch. Explosions aren't as reliable as from explody chest, but they are absolutely sufficient for my taste. I was also able to afford double mod watchers eye, bottled faith, awakened hextouch and I'm at 1600 breakpoint atm. This build is really insane in this form in terms of... everything. The only thing that I'm missing is a bit of movement speed as I had to give up a flask suffix for curse removal after implementing Bottled Faith. So if anyone has any suggestions regarding increasing movement speed via some clusters/anything, I'm looking forward to it.

Managing resistances/dexterity while keeping high mana/life and trying to fit in Asenath Touch was quite a journey in trading (I migrated from SSF last week). So again Rudy - congrats on absolutely broken build. I hope GGG doesn't come to a conclusion that Archmage somehow should base it's added damage on actual mana spent rather than current mana cost of the skill.
Last edited by Dhol91 on Nov 9, 2020, 7:54:47 PM
Thanks for the praise :) And nice job gearing out your character so well in just a day! You mustve been really pumped with the woke Multistrike drop.

I see you have a Corrupted Blood jewel, in that case the Bleed immunity flask suffix is really not that necessary. Normal bleeds are rare and build has great recovery to deal with it, you can just replace that with the movespeed suffix imo.

"
RudyBaby wrote:
Thanks for the praise :) And nice job gearing out your character so well in just a day! You mustve been really pumped with the woke Multistrike drop.

I see you have a Corrupted Blood jewel, in that case the Bleed immunity flask suffix is really not that necessary. Normal bleeds are rare and build has great recovery to deal with it, you can just replace that with the movespeed suffix imo.

Yeah I bought the jewel for Sirus fight after writing the previous post and also figured that I can just keep using it and free up flask suffix. That's 30% inc movement speed which should be just enough. I would also like to point out that this is probably the most supported thread in terms of build creator answering questions etc. Great job!
Hey man I just wanted to say this is a dope build and im enjoying building and playing it.. one question.

Ive been keeping an eye on my dps to see if im constantly pumping out max damage, but sometimes there are times in my cycle where its causing me to do like 18k damage instead of my usual 259k.. Im using blood magic for my flame dash, but everything else i use mana for..

Any help would be great!
"
richrood wrote:
Hey man I just wanted to say this is a dope build and im enjoying building and playing it.. one question.

Ive been keeping an eye on my dps to see if im constantly pumping out max damage, but sometimes there are times in my cycle where its causing me to do like 18k damage instead of my usual 259k.. Im using blood magic for my flame dash, but everything else i use mana for..

Any help would be great!

If that happens it means you have gotten into too high mana treshold, then indigon makes your mana cost too high and you lose the archmage added damage, which is almost entirety on the dmg.
Most likely you just happen to cast another BV too quickly(meaning faster than 4 seconds). It could also happen if you spam another skill without blood magic (in your case vortex/phase run are not linked to blood magic) within that time window, though whether that can happen kind of depends on your current manacost/total mana.
Last edited by Grozaa on Nov 12, 2020, 3:47:31 PM
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
richrood wrote:

Any help would be great!

If that happens it means you have gotten into too high mana treshold, then indigon makes your mana cost too high and you lose the archmage added damage, which is almost entirety on the dmg.
Most likely you just happen to cast another BV too quickly(meaning faster than 4 seconds). It could also happen if you spam another skill without blood magic (in your case vortex/phase run are not linked to blood magic) within that time window, though whether that can happen kind of depends on your current manacost/total mana.

So I just put Blood magic on everything except vortex.. Its just not making sense how this 13 mana cost skill is throwing it off. And yes sometimes I jump the gun, but it still happens when I KNOW i timed it right.. I will just link vortex to blood magic and hopefully it stops happening.

Thanks!
"
richrood wrote:

So I just put Blood magic on everything except vortex.. Its just not making sense how this 13 mana cost skill is throwing it off. And yes sometimes I jump the gun, but it still happens when I KNOW i timed it right.. I will just link vortex to blood magic and hopefully it stops happening.
Thanks!

Just to clarify - it does actually make sense. The thing is, for example if the mana cost of your skill is 13, and then you use your blade vortex, the %increased mana cost from indigon applies to ALL of your skills - so they cost much more as well. If you link the skills to blood magic, it still applies, but then you pay in your blood - you can notice that even a flame dash can take out a decent chunk of your life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info