[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

I am now leveling my templar character. And I will follow your 69lv POB once I reach it. Is the DPS and tankiness enough for Tier 13-14 map?
Hi again,

just an update for the version with the replica shroud chest.

I tried different ways between my post (where i first used it) and now. Tested the Cloak of defience, Aul with kaoms as a combination and went back to the shroud which i was using most of the time to lvl100.

All in all i have to say it worked great. eHP was around 15.7k at the end with it and dmg was up to 38m - keep in mind thats full out - auras, curse, vRF and flasks. So only a few seconds before thats down again.

As i switched to Phase run as well and followed the further suggestion with onslaught on one abyss jewel it works together with Asenath's gentle touch even well for a decend fast map clearing.

As the Xp is not the most important thing any more i switched also to the militant faith timeless jewel. Its a bit different as the ES is gone first (so have to keep that in mind) and i'm not having that 5% Es mod so far (have to rerol at some time). Still - together with some small tree changes max DPS is up to 50m, eHP down to slightly over 14k. Thats more then ok in my opinion. Have to see how it works out deep in the mine.

There can still be done a lot for minMaxing... Blade Vortex mod on indigon is still missing, all tree jewels could have a second Multiplier Mod and i can't even look at all the implicits some gear can have. Also some spell dmg gloves with unnerve would help as well. So the build is able to go up above 60m - however thats another 150ex+ and it's not really needed - at least i think so.

It's a great build with enough possibilities to play around and change stuff - so it's not getting boring. (Maybe not as exciting as a pewpew build ...).

Here is the Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/dPh1cLsw

Txs Rudybaby for the ideas and publication of this and aall the others in this thread for the discussions! Very helpful.
Last edited by mondraig on Nov 21, 2020, 7:42:07 PM
"
hk4465ty wrote:
I am now leveling my templar character. And I will follow your 69lv POB once I reach it. Is the DPS and tankiness enough for Tier 13-14 map?

I am now 69 lv and my tooltip is ~150k (10 blades), I have bought unnatural instinct and 10% of damage taken from mana before life watcher's eye
What should I do now? I want to further increase my damage.
"
I am now 69 lv and my tooltip is ~150k (10 blades), I have bought unnatural instinct and 10% of damage taken from mana before life watcher's eye
What should I do now? I want to further increase my damage.

If oyu follow the advice from RudyBaby for leveling - thats pretty as much as you have to do up to lvl90 (or even above). It's very accurate and will give oyu dps as well.

If you get to the jewel slots in the tree, try to buy them with the three mods - increased maximum mana, increasaed maximum life and multiplier for spell damage. As these are important for your dmg. The more mana you have the higher your (real) damage. Put your correct mana use (for the second 5 blades to get to 10) you see in your poe tooltip if you hover above the blade vortex skill then in the configuration window in PoB (community fork). It goes in 'When in combat' - '#of Mana spent recently' text field. You will see that your damage goes up always when you reach one of the mana spend break points of your indigon. so - 200, 400, 600 and so on.

This is then together with the archmage your main (base) damage. Later on the multiplier will be important as well - but to get the most out of these you will need a good cinderswallow (with the veiled crit mod) and the bottled faith flask as well. Together with the other setup.

Try to get the indigon with really good values as well. 60% for the increased mana cost mod is the most important, second the 25% for the increased spell damage and last the increased maximum mana mod.
Last edited by mondraig on Nov 25, 2020, 2:13:55 PM
Hey Rudy,

So I've hit 1021 depth and I feel like I've hit a wall where I'm struggling with alot of nodes, and that's with skipping Fungal Caverns. This results in me rerouting and wasting almost a tank just trying to find nodes I can complete.

Was wondering if you or anyone else could take a look at my build and suggest some changes? I've been reading some posts on here and people seem to be cruising to 2k with the build so I don't know what I'm missing or doing wrong.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6r6NDmZ3

I am currently at the 1600 mana cost breakpoint and looking to buy an Indigon with the BV crit multi enchant.

Thanks for any help!
Well delve 2k is definitely not a cruise, alteast after like 1600. But 1k to 1400 should be straightforward enough outside fungals.

I check your gear and it looks good enough. The two big things you seem to be missing are stun immunity and corpse destruction, both of which i highly recommend.

With 4.2k life basically every hit at 1k depth is gonna stun you. I hope youre on Brine King pantheon at the very least, but 100% stun avoidance is much more preferable.

Without corpse destruction unstable wetas are a huge issue. Are you dying to those often? And do you know what the weta explosion looks like? Cause I've seen people delve to 1k and somehow be blind to the weta cold snaps. There are these vertical blue-ish lines that pulse for a couple secs then explode for huge cold dmg, and also leaving big cold degen pool on the ground for 5s.

General tip, never stand still, keep moving preferably in circles. If you're having trouble with specific delve nodes maybe I can help, or you can learn lots by watching other (non-zhp) delver streams.

"
RudyBaby wrote:
Well delve 2k is definitely not a cruise, alteast after like 1600. But 1k to 1400 should be straightforward enough outside fungals.

I check your gear and it looks good enough. The two big things you seem to be missing are stun immunity and corpse destruction, both of which i highly recommend.

With 4.2k life basically every hit at 1k depth is gonna stun you. I hope youre on Brine King pantheon at the very least, but 100% stun avoidance is much more preferable.

Without corpse destruction unstable wetas are a huge issue. Are you dying to those often? And do you know what the weta explosion looks like? Cause I've seen people delve to 1k and somehow be blind to the weta cold snaps. There are these vertical blue-ish lines that pulse for a couple secs then explode for huge cold dmg, and also leaving big cold degen pool on the ground for 5s.

General tip, never stand still, keep moving preferably in circles. If you're having trouble with specific delve nodes maybe I can help, or you can learn lots by watching other (non-zhp) delver streams.

Thanks for the reply, I just got myself full stun immunity and already having a better time. Now that you mentioned it, a lot of my deaths are coming from the unstable wetas.. I will get corpse destruction and maybe just go down to the 1400 breakpoint as I don't have the skill points to keep my mana this high.

I'm usually never standing still, I think its the stuns and wetas killing me mostly.

Thanks!
Remember, you can always use a down-levelled Vortex without Bloodmagic to pad your mana spent (read the guide section). You also have 3 more levels to gain, but its your decision if you wanna spend the time and/or currency to level up.
"
RudyBaby wrote:
Remember, you can always use a down-levelled Vortex without Bloodmagic to pad your mana spent (read the guide section). You also have 3 more levels to gain, but its your decision if you wanna spend the time and/or currency to level up.

I have pretty much tried all Vortex levels to try and pad the mana spent, but as long as I have it on left click, I always end up overspending mana and not doing damage.. I have read that part of the guide section about 10 times lmao. I think itll only work when Vortex isn't on left click so im casting it only once per BV cast, is that correct?

"
richrood wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:

I have pretty much tried all Vortex levels to try and pad the mana spent, but as long as I have it on left click, I always end up overspending mana and not doing damage.. I have read that part of the guide section about 10 times lmao. I think itll only work when Vortex isn't on left click so im casting it only once per BV cast, is that correct?

Nope, that trick is meant precisely for when you have Vortex on left-click, and you are meant to autocast it upto 3 times per BV cast. If you have it below level 9 it is literally impossible to brick with vortex. With it at level 12 you have to try extremely hard to brick it (either spamming left click inhumanly fast, or holding down left click). I dont know what you did during your tests but there must've been a mistake somewhere.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Dec 1, 2020, 9:48:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info