[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
mondraig wrote:
Hi together,
I'm open for suggestions to optimize it further. Especially regarding the jewels in the shroud.

Replica shroud is certainly a viable idea, but I'd say that to make it worthwhile you actually need to have 6 very good abyss jewels, which is basically almost as expensive and difficult to obtain like the cobalt jewels.
Theoretically, with 40life/40mana/11multi jewels, this would total 240life/240mana/66multi, which can easily beat cloak both in terms of defence and offence, even while losing 10% MoM.
Obviously most of the jewels you're using are far from that, but at least it leaves a lot of room for min-max.
In terms of the gear, try to get onslaught on kill at least on one of your abyss jewels. Your gloves are pretty bad, the unnerve is not that good to justify gloves having almost nothing else. You've got a nice synthethised implicit on the ring, but the total lack of health hurts. You could have indigon with a bit better rolls. When you can afford it, upgrading your sulphur flask to bottled faith would be quite huge. The medium clusters you are using are quite questionable - crit and crit multi are nice but with 10/38 block I don't think you can reliably get the recently blocked condition consistently. And your EHP is not 16+, it's 12300 (4154+4154+3992).
Hi Grozaa,

thanks for taking your time and going through the build.

I'm with you at most points. The jewels in the shroud all have around 28-32 life and mana and most have 11-12% multi. But yes- thats one thing which can be optmized - whcih i love by the way to do that ;)

I didn't had onslaught on my list for that though. I have to look the effects up.
The abyss jewels are a lot cheaper (as of now) as the cobalt jewels (abyss with life/mana and multi mod go for around 5c to60c for the better versions with four mods). Well - perfect onse will be higher - sure. But the kinda cheap price was one reason that i thought about the shroud.

Bottled Faith is the next item on the list. I Like normlay to get the base DPS higher - as the bottles (especially in single boss fights) aren't as reliabale as i like to have it. Still the dps of that bottled faith is kinda big - so yes - even for the 20ex I will proberly buy it.

I played with some different cluster jewels - the block is around 10% ? higher as given in PoB as it gets a bit up in fights (have to look up, which node/mechanism this was). Didn't really like the area gem and also tested the 2node cluster jewels with the 5% mana as ES. But the 1800 skill need(and then 9.6k Mana need for the second cast) makes this difficult.

The eHp - hm- should be the 16k? As mana is 50% for the hiero? So - 4160 Es + 4160Life plus (double in mana) 8320 Mana?

Or the other way around: 16k Hit will be split in 50% life/Es and 50% mana (so 8k each) then life and Es in 50% (for non-chaos dmg, because of corrupted soul)?

Am i wrong in my calculation here?.

Txs again.
Last edited by mondraig on Oct 28, 2020, 5:59:38 PM
"
mondraig wrote:
Hi Grozaa,
The eHp - hm- should be the 16k? As mana is 50% for the hiero? So - 4160 Es + 4160Life plus (double in mana) 8320 Mana?

Or the other way around: 16k Hit will be split in 50% life/Es and 50% mana (so 8k each) then life and Es in 50% (for non-chaos dmg, because of corrupted soul)?

Am i wrong in my calculation here?.

Txs again.

This calculation is based on wrong assumptions. 50% MoM means that you take half the damage into life and half into mana. So with 4k life, 4k mana is effectively protecting you - the rest of mana does not matter in that regard.
For it to work the way you think it does, you would need 66.6% MoM - then, for 4k life, 8k mana would protect, since the ratio would be 2:1.
Perhaps you thought that ES also counts towards MoM, which is not the case.
Last edited by Grozaa on Oct 28, 2020, 6:27:06 PM
Its a really nice idea with Replica Shroud. With high budget I can see it being very good. And I can see it being fun upgrading your gear all the time :)

As for the abyss jewels themselves, life + mana + crit multi are of course the top priorities, but the 4th mod leaves a lot of choices. The best ones that I can see are:
* Onslaught on kill - 20% movespeed
* Damage Penetrates 2% Elemental Resistance if you haven't Killed Recently, great vs bosses
* % increased Effect of Lightning Ailments - good for bigger shocks, 1- 1.5% more dps
* chaos res or ele res that you need
* attributes if youre short on them

For the EHP part, I think you're misunderstanding how MoM works. MoM takes dmg from mana before life, and LIFE ONLY. It does NOT take dmg from mana before ES. So the ES amount is completely separate from the MoM calculation

So the EHP is: ES + (Life / (1 - MoM_effect))
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 28, 2020, 6:35:22 PM
I've added a short FAQ section with an Aul's Uprising variant. It results in less mana and crit but a chunk more life, for those who wanna be tankier. In fact, I should've used this variant last league for my delve push, if only I'd thought of it then ...
Thank you both - Grozaa and RudyBaby!

You'r right of course. My assumption regarding MoM was incorrect.
I trew the unnerved gloves out and put some others in (i switched just yesterday to the unnerved gloves) and therefore could put some life back on the ring as well. So 4.663 Life now, 4.373 ES and 9.2k mana. I will change this further as the mana is more then enough for the 1600 mana stage of the indigon and can balance the build further.

The wiggle room the jewels have is quite nice - but i see as well the slightly loose in the 60% MoM. Still the (now again 13.7k eHP with the correct calculation) should work out.

Maybe some other players like to play around with the shroud. It makes it a bit easier to cap the res and dexterity and is stil viable.

Áll in all a great build i'm enjoying a lot - even if i like to get my personal spin on it ;)

p.s. i would so like to be able to craft double multi/life/mana jewels as in harvest.....
Which map mods cannot be done with this build? Aside from ele reflect

Also is there a reason to use normal blade vortex instead of vaal BV?
No regen is a big pain but doable with a mana flask + cinderswallow. Everything else is fine (even no leech and less recovery, assuming you have cinderswallow max rolled).

Vaal BV costs mana with archmage support and it fucks up the Indigon cycle.

EDIT: Oh yeah, phys reflect is out too.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 29, 2020, 7:15:26 AM
"
Hellanoid wrote:
Which map mods cannot be done with this build? Aside from ele reflect

Also is there a reason to use normal blade vortex instead of vaal BV?

Can't do ele reflect/phys reflect. No regen is annoying unless you take a mana flask.
Vaal blade vortex is just not very good with this build.
Last edited by Grozaa on Oct 29, 2020, 7:15:08 AM
Ok I'm high. Vaal BV doesnt cost mana at all. So it doesnt get any dmg from archmage so its useless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info