[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

Thanks for the build! i've been leveling this, just gotten to mapping... and i have to ask, how do you get the mana cost so high on the initial cast? I'm at 7.2k mana at lvl 76, but i can't seem to get the mana cost high enough (1209 atm)... not sure what i'm missing and it's driving me a little mad :P

Oh, also one thing that's potentially useful (dunno if it is i just thought it would be neat so using it) - you can get synth boots with unwavering stance implicit now so we can get stun immunity as a boot prefix

"
Im having problems maintaining constant 10 stacks without bricking with indigon. Is it because im using vortex without blood magic as well as not having 8k+ mana yet? If someone could take a look at my char and see any problems, would be appreciated.

hey cant really help you there but just wanted to say your craft on your belt (elemental damage with attack) doesnt work for us since we use spell! (maybe you already know lol)

"
dragonpowi wrote:
"
Im having problems maintaining constant 10 stacks without bricking with indigon. Is it because im using vortex without blood magic as well as not having 8k+ mana yet? If someone could take a look at my char and see any problems, would be appreciated.

hey cant really help you there but just wanted to say your craft on your belt (elemental damage with attack) doesnt work for us since we use spell! (maybe you already know lol)

Ya i already know just have nothing else to put on it.
"
Viscrid wrote:
Thanks for the build! i've been leveling this, just gotten to mapping... and i have to ask, how do you get the mana cost so high on the initial cast? I'm at 7.2k mana at lvl 76, but i can't seem to get the mana cost high enough (1209 atm)... not sure what i'm missing and it's driving me a little mad :P

Oh, also one thing that's potentially useful (dunno if it is i just thought it would be neat so using it) - you can get synth boots with unwavering stance implicit now so we can get stun immunity as a boot prefix

You're missing quality on Archmage Support, which is another 10% incr mana cost (11% if 23q). But other than that its just a function of your max mana. 1200 manacost at 7.2k mana --> 1600 manacost at 9.6k mana. More total mana will come with better gear/more jewels, as well as simply by lvling up (each lvl gives you +6 flat mana).

Thats actually a very smart boot idea. I'll add it to the guide.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 5, 2020, 1:54:37 AM
"
Le_gentlemann wrote:

Any Ascendancy nodes i should pick first ?
Any order ?

I added an Ascendancy order in the Levelling section in the guide.
"

Yous gear, skills and tree look perfectly fine to me. Hard to say whats the issue without looking at you play. Did you manage to fix the timer overlay?
Hi, I vê been looking for a new build as my 4th this league for a couple days. I want something tankier and with more dibs since I vê more currency to invest. This build seems to have it all, plus i never played BV and always like to try new skills.

Im just worried about all the mana interactions and how that affects gameplay. Is it hard or clunky to get the Bv timing down? I know there s an addon to help. I’m afraid I mess it up frequently and make this build brick affecting efficiency and fun. I just want it to be easy to play and not strict and to punishable when I make mistakes.

Cheers
I won't deny that this build is harder to execute than most other builds, due to the precise timing needed. You'll make mistakes for sure when starting out, but after playing with the timer for 10-20 hrs you get real comfortable with it and make way fewer mistakes. The difficulty of execution is the trade-off for what is otherwise a ridiculously strong build.

> Added this to FAQs now :)
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 5, 2020, 9:18:04 AM
Great build with sophisticated mechanics)

Most of the time the DPS is enough to clear the map even if you missed the timing. The timing becomes crucial against strong bosses and fat rares.

The only con for me is the similarity with RF, as you run with "death circle" and everithing dies around =)) Hope the skill could be reworked so it fells more phisical... like blade sentry from the lab))
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"

Yous gear, skills and tree look perfectly fine to me. Hard to say whats the issue without looking at you play. Did you manage to fix the timer overlay?
I swapped unbound ailments with blood magic for vortex, as well as reached 8900 mana so I've hit the 1600 bv threshold hold so its helped a lot. I can usually stay at 10 stacks now by casting right when it drops to 5 stacks. I've done simulacrum deathless and a8 sirus. Build does nutty damage same as being tanky af. Just need to work on getting bottled faith, awakened gems and finishing off cluster jewels. I never got the overlay to work so I just got to get used to the timings better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info