[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

hi
what's the budget for starter pob ?
ty
"
MadCowG wrote:
one question here, why level 1 of precision instead of level 20? i think 200 mana reserve is worth for 58% crit chance?

Lv 20 precision is not worth if you're using diamond flask and have high crit chance already, incr crit chance has pretty bad marginal returns. Just PoB it for your case.

"
Warsong87 wrote:
Hey guys, im wondering looking at my gems, which ones should i put quality in and which ones dont need to.

Any prioritys in terms of 21/20, 21/23 or awakened gems?

Archmage 21/23 is the only corrupted one with a decent impact. The other gems have smaller impacts, BV and Unleash corrupted have basically zero impact. You should really be able to PoB this for yourself.

"
redjo wrote:
hi
what's the budget for starter pob ?
ty

Estimated budgets for all versions are already in the guide.
"
faytte wrote:
Curious about this build.

1) if you cant maintain the timing exactly, is the damage garbage?
2) how quickly can it clear open layouts? There doesn't seem to be any big screen clear mechanic, so do you stick to linear layouts?

1) If you recast too early, then yes dmg is basically zero for 4 secs. If you recast too late, dmg is pretty low for about a second but its likely still enough to clear white mobs.

2) Clear isnt the best in open layouts, but isnt the worst either, since 32 radius is pretty huge, and cause you dont need to stop and cast for every pack. Really depends on your definition of what acceptable clear is. Its better than most melee builds and worse than most ranged/spell/explodey builds.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 6, 2020, 11:21:19 AM
@RudyBaby

any idea to incorporate explosions ?
what i'm evaluating so far, not sure if any makes sense :

- Asenath Gentle touch gloves, expensive but they give both mana and life
- unspeakable gifts cluster jewel
- explodey chest with some mana on it to try maintaining 1600 breakpoint.

Hey, build looks awesome.
I've tried to copy everythin from your POB, but for me it shows 900k effective dps while yours say 14,5m or something.

Could you check through my character if you have the time? Spent 67 ex on this, and would love to get it to work properly.

My character is public "Use character: Bossdalf"

Thanks in advance! :)
Here's your current character with everything setup correctly: https://pastebin.com/i1qKNbh8 (4.6m dps), you probably forgot to set 'mana spent recently' to 1400 which is your pre-Indigon cost.

The biggest immediate improvements I can see are:
* Archmage is 11/0 instead of 20/20 (quality matters big time)
* Arcane Surge is 6/0 instead of 20/20
* Your gloves has no mana, and boots and belt have low mana. If you can get 50-70 mana on each of those 3 pieces you should be able to hit the 1600 breakpoint instead of 1400 which is a big boost.
* Only 1 curse instead of 2.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 6, 2020, 2:23:05 PM
"
Lÿn wrote:
@RudyBaby

Tbh, I have never really explored the explodey options so my input will be limited. I've always refused to sacrifice tankiness for other stuff, but I think any of the 3 you suggested could work if the opportunity cost isnt too high.

In theory I think this build could make decent use of explodey..
* Build has superb aoe, which scales explodey aoe as well. I've noticed this when I got Gloom shrines, the explode radius is huge.
* While it doesnt convert the explodey phys dmg to elemental for easy scaling, it does have Transfiguration of Mind which gives generic 150% increased dmg.

You should experiment with above options. Unspeakable Gifts is the easiest to fit in I think (maybe on a Megalomaniac?). And get back to us with the results :)
I've managed to reach 2k+ mana cost on the BV and it's quite a significant dmg increase (actually I was hitting 2.2k, but I could not possibly balance the mana cost to not overcap, so ended up respecing some mana nodes and changing indigon from 60% to 54% to balance things out). Actually, I don't think it was even any defensive loss, as even with the 10% MoM loss I was able to spend some leftover respecced points to bump up the life pool.
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
Lÿn wrote:
@RudyBaby

Tbh, I have never really explored the explodey options so my input will be limited. I've always refused to sacrifice tankiness for other stuff, but I think any of the 3 you suggested could work if the opportunity cost isnt too high.

* Build has superb aoe, which scales explodey aoe as well. I've noticed this when I got Gloom shrines, the explode radius is huge.
* While it doesnt convert the explodey phys dmg to elemental for easy scaling, it does have Transfiguration of Mind which gives generic 150% increased dmg.

You should experiment with above options. Unspeakable Gifts is the easiest to fit in I think (maybe on a Megalomaniac?). And get back to us with the results :)

I did it :D
works fairly well, not chain explosions, but it's really cool to play

https://pastebin.com/YRq69XL3

I tried experimenting with replica kaoms and replica foibe, in both cases I could easily fit in megalomaniac and achieve good enough dps but the EHP loss was noticeable ( around 2k less due to loosing defiance ).

my goal was to keep defiance, around 15kehp, and fit megalomaniac with aoe explosions notable while maintaining 1.8 breakpoint.

"
Lÿn wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
Lÿn wrote:
@RudyBaby

I did it :D
works fairly well, not chain explosions, but it's really cool to play

https://pastebin.com/YRq69XL3

I tried experimenting with replica kaoms and replica foibe, in both cases I could easily fit in megalomaniac and achieve good enough dps but the EHP loss was noticeable ( around 2k less due to loosing defiance ).

my goal was to keep defiance, around 15kehp, and fit megalomaniac with aoe explosions notable while maintaining 1.8 breakpoint.

Personally i will try with inpulsa, i saw people using that on poe ninja with the same build, but that will be later when i dont care anymore about losing xp lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info