[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
Warsong87 wrote:
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, that definitely worked for me.
Now i can easily sustain the dmg.

Last 2 questions, I swear XD

Should I change my blood magic for awaken unbond ailments isntead?
Currently have 9.362/9431 mana.

I cant afford a perfect indigon, which stats should I prioritize?

Again, thank you so much for all the help received.

Increased mana cost, spell dmg, mana, ES (in that order)
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
JudgeHett wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build. currently developing my build and transfering from TR trickster and so far its great. I just hit the 1600 BP and its starting strong :)

But how do you keep righteous fire up? I cant keep my life topped when CWDT triggers the spell?

You are only supposed to use vaal rf , never rf. If it procs from cwdt change some gem levels so it no longer does.

I'll add this to FAQs lol.

Also, I appreciate you helping out by answering questions :)
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 4, 2020, 12:02:44 PM
"
RudyBaby wrote:
Sanctuary of Thought is bad for dps in most other archmage builds but in this one, it doesnt cut our dmg in half since we use Indigon to manipulate the mana cost. In fact it is very crucial that we have that '50% less manacost' because without it the post-Indigon manacost would be way above your total mana and archmage would break and youd do zero dmg.

This is one of the key tricks behind this build, turn the downside of Sanctuary of Thought into an upside, and benefit from the other amazing stuff it gives: 100% incr AoE, and 20% mana as extra ES.

big thx for helping me out!
One more question: The mana cost comes from 2 things: Archmage and Indigon, right? One PoB has in calculations one time "1000 recently used mana" and on the other (level 94?) its "1800 recently used mana"

what is here correct? is this the cost of the first BV?
"
slocs wrote:

One PoB has in calculations one time "1000 recently used mana" and on the other (level 94?) its "1800 recently used mana"

what is here correct? is this the cost of the first BV?

Yes, this is the cost of one BV cast before Indigon's effect. To see this in PoB, set 'mana spent recently' to zero, and check the mana cost of BV. Whatever is the value, now input that into 'mana spent recently' and you got the correct dps value.

My high-end PoB actually has base mana cost of 1779, but I set the value to 1800 since I use Vortex to make up the difference (read guide section on Vortex).
"
RudyBaby wrote:
Once you spec in to the staff nodes, its recommended to get a flask with the 'Of Draining' suffix that gives ES leech.

However, Cinderswallow itself gives absurd amounts of ES recovery while clearing (but not vs bosses). So if you're clearing, and/or you're confident in your bossing abilities to let ES recharge do its work, you can skip ES leech altogether. Note that ES leech by default is also weaker than life leech since its only 10% of ES/sec as opposed to 20% in case of life.

But normally I'd recommend ES leech on either flask or tree.

Thanks for the reply! I have Cinderswallor so maybe I can get by without ES leech.

- With so many uniques how do you handle curses and bleeds? And is ES leech better than curse immune? Or do you have 2 flasks and switch depending on map mod?

- Also.. what is the point of PhaseRun? With Vortex on mousemove it always cancels the phaserun movementspeed. Wouldent smokemine every 10sec be better so u have a 29% inc move sped?

So, I've just read assasins mark is not working at all with awakened hextouch, isnt it?
Should I go for elemental weakness instead?

Also, should I change blood magic for unbound ailments like you?
Last edited by Warsong87 on Oct 4, 2020, 1:30:47 PM
Ele Weakness is the way to go. Or if you like pressing buttons, you can manually cast Assassin's mark on bosses which is somewhat more DPS than ele weakness.

I'd recommend staying on Blood Magic until you're more comfortable, because removing blood magic makes it way harder to recover from timing mistake. If you casted BV too early, any Vortex cast on left click will extend your fuckup period, so you have to stand still for 4 secs.
"
Rizell wrote:

- With so many uniques how do you handle curses and bleeds? And is ES leech better than curse immune? Or do you have 2 flasks and switch depending on map mod?

- Also.. what is the point of PhaseRun? With Vortex on mousemove it always cancels the phaserun movementspeed. Wouldent smokemine every 10sec be better so u have a 29% inc move sped?

My final PoB was fine tuned for deep delving, where both curses and bleeds are very rare (once you have corrupted blood immunity), and I didnt need ES leech. For general mapping I'd recommend 3 non-uniques with curse immunity, chill/freeze immunity, and ES leech, with a Corrupted Blood immunity jewel. If u dont have a CB jewel yet you should stay on the version where you grab ES leech on tree and anoint Counterweight.

For the phase run, I added the answer to the FAQs in the guide since I seem to get asked this a lot :)
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 4, 2020, 2:32:13 PM
I will probably start this build tonight :)

Any Ascendancy nodes i should pick first ?
Any order ?
Im having problems maintaining constant 10 stacks without bricking with indigon. Is it because im using vortex without blood magic as well as not having 8k+ mana yet? If someone could take a look at my char and see any problems, would be appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info