[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

Is there any way to know when am I casting BV at the proper time? Its a bit desperating when u suddently do no damage, specially at bosses.
Is there any buff or something that can let me know that I have stacked all the dmg coming from the indigon?
Last edited by Warsong87 on Oct 4, 2020, 8:15:36 AM
In all endgame verions of this build you spec into staffnodes and annoit Thunderous Salvos instead. How do you manage to get energy shield leech then? Don't that hurt your survivability alot?
Once you spec in to the staff nodes, its recommended to get a flask with the 'Of Draining' suffix that gives ES leech.

However, Cinderswallow itself gives absurd amounts of ES recovery while clearing (but not vs bosses). So if you're clearing, and/or you're confident in your bossing abilities to let ES recharge do its work, you can skip ES leech altogether. Note that ES leech by default is also weaker than life leech since its only 10% of ES/sec as opposed to 20% in case of life.

But normally I'd recommend ES leech on either flask or tree.
"
Warsong87 wrote:
Is there any way to know when am I casting BV at the proper time? Its a bit desperating when u suddently do no damage, specially at bosses.
Is there any buff or something that can let me know that I have stacked all the dmg coming from the indigon?

There are two rotations to keep in mind - duration of vortex blades and indigon stacks. Assuming you have duration nodes on the tree the bv duration should be a bit over 8s. The indigon effect works for 4seconds after each cast, and stacks.

When you start the map, cast bv once and start moving (you will have 5 blades). Count to 5 and press bv again. From now on, cast bv again whenever you see that blades have dropped to 5 from 10 again. This is a good enough method. Depending on how quickly you recast after dropping to 5, you will brick archmage after some cycles. If you know you haven't bricked for a long while, you can brick intentionally so that it doesn't happen when you really want to avoid it.
"
Warsong87 wrote:

An easy way to know if you fucked up is to look at your mana bar. If after casting your mana bar is suddenly almost empty you know you cast too early. Correct casting will never take you below 80% of your mana.

Also once you've made a mistake, flame dash and vortex will start costing big chunks of your mana (or life), normally their cost isnt even visible on life/mana bars.
"
Grozaa wrote:
Depending on how quickly you recast after dropping to 5, you will brick archmage after some cycles. If you know you haven't bricked for a long while, you can brick intentionally so that it doesn't happen when you really want to avoid it.

Umm, this should never happen if you're doing stuff correctly. The Indigon cycle is a stable state and it shouldn't brick no matter how many cycles you went through.

You are probably spending too much mana on Vortex and/or Phase Run. I see your Vortex is lv 19 without Blood Magic, which is not recommended (see Vortex section in the guide).
Last edited by RudyBaby on Oct 4, 2020, 9:25:39 AM
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
Grozaa wrote:
Depending on how quickly you recast after dropping to 5, you will brick archmage after some cycles. If you know you haven't bricked for a long while, you can brick intentionally so that it doesn't happen when you really want to avoid it.

Umm, this should never happen if you're doing stuff correctly. The Indigon cycle is a stable state and it shouldn't brick no matter how many cycles you went through.

You are probably spending too much mana on Vortex and/or Phase Run. I see your Vortex is lv 19 without Blood Magic, which is not recommended (see Vortex section in the guide).

Nah, it has nothing to do with vortex nor phase run, I barely use them. Maybe to put it differently - yes, if I keep 4 seconds between each cast archmage would never brick. But if I keep suboptimal margin of error in delay, at some point I would need to recast bv sooner or else I will drop to 5 blades for a growing amount of time. It's just simply because I don't want to use extra 3rd party stuff, not complaining at all though.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, that definitely worked for me.
Now i can easily sustain the dmg.

Last 2 questions, I swear XD

Should I change my blood magic for awaken unbond ailments isntead?
Currently have 9.362/9431 mana.

I cant afford a perfect indigon, which stats should I prioritize?

Again, thank you so much for all the help received.

Hey, thanks for the build. currently developing my build and transfering from TR trickster and so far its great. I just hit the 1600 BP and its starting strong :)

But how do you keep righteous fire up? I cant keep my life topped when CWDT triggers the spell?
"
JudgeHett wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build. currently developing my build and transfering from TR trickster and so far its great. I just hit the 1600 BP and its starting strong :)

But how do you keep righteous fire up? I cant keep my life topped when CWDT triggers the spell?

You are only supposed to use vaal rf , never rf. If it procs from cwdt change some gem levels so it no longer does.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info