Hateful Hierophant - Glacial Cascade Totems (Aura Scaling) [Dead Build in 3.16]

"
Hey bro, so I’m still on GC but want to make the transition over to Shockwave Totems. I think I have enough currency to respec, and get any new gear EXCEPT for the unique ring which is like 11Ex. Is that an alternative, or what stats am I looking for in a rare ring? Or should I just run double Kikazarus?

With SWT, no need for Kikazuru rings or Soul Mantle - so you can get whatever you want in those gear slots for extra hatred effect etc. Redeemer armor can get extra aura effect, and of course Hatred corruptions on rings.

If you don't have Astral Projector yet you'll need extra AOE nodes on the tree, I'd say.

"
"
Hey bro, so I’m still on GC but want to make the transition over to Shockwave Totems. I think I have enough currency to respec, and get any new gear EXCEPT for the unique ring which is like 11Ex. Is that an alternative, or what stats am I looking for in a rare ring? Or should I just run double Kikazarus?

With SWT, no need for Kikazuru rings or Soul Mantle - so you can get whatever you want in those gear slots for extra hatred effect etc. Redeemer armor can get extra aura effect, and of course Hatred corruptions on rings.

If you don't have Astral Projector yet you'll need extra AOE nodes on the tree, I'd say.

Ah okay gotcha...thanks. But Tukohama Fortress is still the shield of choice with SWT yes? Sorry, still a little new with Totems...
I like Tukohama's because it makes mana regen a non-issue so yes, I favor using it for SWT as well. You can try with a shaper-influenced rare shield that has +1 totems instead - but that is more expensive to trade for and not significantly better, in my opinion.
Hi, I just begun this build. One question: should I aim for the helm enchant that converts 40% glacial cascade phys damage to cold?

Thanks
"
sudaB6274 wrote:
Hi, I just begun this build. One question: should I aim for the helm enchant that converts 40% glacial cascade phys damage to cold?

Thanks

That helmet enchant no longer exists, as GC now does 100% phys->cold conversion just on the gem
Been using the build and I've been loving it, almost level 92 atm and have had no issues clearing t16 maps with GC Totems.

Only issue I've seen is survivability, if I don't basically offscreen packs of mobs or let a boss get just a little to close, my 6k health pool just disappears. What options are available for the build to help with that?
Just cleared A4 Sirus with this build. Was a walk in the park! Maybe a 4 minute fight or something like that or less. I'm at 186% increased aura effect on my herald.

I've had a lot of fun with this build as my league starter. Thanks for the guide and advice.
Mr__Khan's Lab Running Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3120142 Mr__Khan's Mirror Shop - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3184063
Hi

Why do you use CWDT with Cold Snap - you can't do any damage your self with Ancestral Bond?

Thanks
Any reason why "Cast When Damage Taken" should be Level 15 and Steelskin Level 18??
"
Just cleared A4 Sirus with this build. Was a walk in the park! Maybe a 4 minute fight or something like that or less. I'm at 186% increased aura effect on my herald.

I've had a lot of fun with this build as my league starter. Thanks for the guide and advice.

Awesome! Good to hear.

"
Why do you use CWDT with Cold Snap - you can't do any damage your self with Ancestral Bond?

Any reason why "Cast When Damage Taken" should be Level 15 and Steelskin Level 18??

Cold Snap applies Bonechill debuff and can generate frenzy charges even without doing damage itself.

CWDT can be leveled wherever you want it, as long as it's below the level of Righteous Fire. I just found 15/18 to be about right so that Steelskin triggers fairly often but still absorbs enough damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info