Development Manifesto: Game Balance in Path of Exile: Harvest

minus dual-wielding
minus brands
minus berserk ascendancy
minus starforge
minus non-assassin crit builds
minus split personality

plus slam aoe

Looks like they just nerfed that shit out of every meta build. I don't see a single buff except to 2 hand melee weapons.
Am i joke to you GGG? 2 hand league and my loved slayer starforge cyclone get hit every possible direction. Was it really that op, no but fun. I hope there is bright side to all of this that you have not yet announced.
In an age of uncertainty, with societies beginning to crumble and the global apocalypse on the horizon it is inevitable that the world will fall back into a pre-industrial form.

All our modern conveniences will be gone and we will once again trade for the basic necessities in life. GGG knows this and is doing the only sensible thing to assure themselves of power and wealth in the new world.

They are mining for salt like never before.
"
Blutgarde wrote:
Even without having the correct Values yet, i can already say my Build lost at least 30% Damage. You say you wanna Balance things and bring them closer togheter, but what you actually do is cutting Stuff so hard that most People just wont play it anymore. Really don't understand this. Buff 2H and brind it in Line with the Rest would have been enough, but no...

every league i read coments like this, and every league GGG breaks the higher number os players
I just dumped 60 exalts into my first satisfying melee build in a long time. Now it will be complete trash considering it is extremely dw and crit focused. This game feels like such a waste of time. Why is it so hard to buff something without nerfing something else?? Its bad enough that a majority of builds/skills feel unplayable on console due to all the technical problems (I play on the Xbox one X with a Samsung evo ssd and 1gbps internet. Rubber banding happens nonstop.) but to nerf the hell out of what does work is uncalled for. DW and Crit passives should not have been nerfed. Now I have to wait like 3 damn leagues to play the game again when they release the dw and crit'rework' league...
"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
Haven't even read the notes yet... Came here to, well what else other than complain?

Could you guys care any less for Standard? I mean seriously, can we finally stop getting things being broken every league merge? You'd think you've got it right by now. I mean seriously, this is measly stuff to fix compared to all the content you are making.

IF I WANTED MY STANDARD PROGRESS IN THINGS TO KEEP GETTING THE SHORT END I WOULDNT PLAY STANDARD PEOPLE!

Thanks for completely ruining my Syndicate Investigation. Had like 10x 3 star members all in the respective syndicate houses that I wanted them in. Thnx for swapping it out with some random crap from League when I done a few syndicates there just to get the challenges.

Seriously guys, stop ruining standard. Its starting to reach facepalm levels. If it aint Atlas progressions its something else every time. The league is supposed to END with the season. END... END means it FINISHES! All we should keep from it is items we got, daily missions accumulated, Zana handing over watchstones if there are any, and thats about it. League progression should END. END END END END END! If it aint some item I got from the league, I don't want it.

Pfffff.... Thnx for throwing all that grind completely down the drain. You guys are awesome! I mean this is ridiculous. The few members I was mostly going for aren't even on the syndicate period. Much less 3 stars and in their right safehouse.

Talk about being a complete buzzkill. Almost feels like you are doing this on purpose.

Standard should be your most stable mode. Full stop! Leagues are mechanics and half the time gimmicks we try out for a season. Stop making that the essence of the existence to this bloody game. Enough already.

Why not play the league like everyone else
Good stuff

I'm making popcorn for all the people who are red faced over these changes.
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
Last edited by deadunion on Jun 15, 2020, 9:19:00 PM
Im actually happy with this

Thanks GGG
Each time you add new stuff to the end game it has to be harder and slightly more challenging than what is already in the game. It wouldn't be fun and appealing otherwise. As that accumulates over time, the gap between vanilla alc an go red maps and current end game widens. Yet you are still balancing the average power lvl around vanilla red maps, indirectly nerfing all the builds in the game.

Delirium proved the flaw in this design philosophy the best. How many builds could clear juiced t16 maps? (not to bring into discussion t19s). Very few. And the majority of builds have ceilings they can't scale above regardless of investment.
Not to say that most builds that average people build couldn't handle delirium on a regular t16 map.

Let's take the example of Herald Stackers. Everybody complained they were OP. Most of them probably just saw clips of empy's 3000ex build trivializing Sirus. The medium budget version of that build (which is already an insane investment) could engage with the end game content of delirium (juiced maps with full delirium) at a good pace and would still have to be careful and in danger of dying.
Nobody built a stacker to engage with regular t16 maps and trivialize them. They did it because it was fun to build and manage all its moving parts, it would always have something you can invest into and improve, and it could engage with actual delirium end game content.
Crit builds were also amongst the few that would scale enough to do juiced delirium maps.
You are gutting all of the above described because "let's not trivialize vanilla t16 maps".

Why put harder content in the game if you take away our ability to scale builds to engage with it? And if we can't engage with it, for people that played for years, what you expect us to have fun with??? Vanilla mapping?

This design philosophy literally makes zero sense for me at this point. Nerf builds to bring them to the power level of average builds which become trash builds with the addition of more difficult content.
More buffs less nerfs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info