Diablo 2: Remastered... 2020 Release Scheduled... What are Your Thoughts?

Never played SC either but number 3. With 3 expansions. I'll take your word for it maybe thats why SC was such a classic...poker lost?

I may have to edit my thesis. but not much..Is any game doing so today?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 17, 2020, 2:13:22 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Lets break it down then

Chess
100% strat

Tetris
50% reaction time and 50% tactics

Doom
3d

What else do video games have? besides strategy, tactics, reaction time and 3d?

What is this post lmao I don't know where to start
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
1. Strategy. Story telling is bells and whistle I mentioned.
2. Flying is tactics to get off the ground and get back down. Strategy would be a fight plan.
3. I forgot movies. Usually click past them to game.
4. Strategy games.
5. I have not heard of. Very interesting. I just use my heart rate monitor on the track which goes BEEP BEEP BEEP get moving you lazy fuck when HR drops below 155. Call me a Luddite by I'm not playing a video game to get healthy.

I am playing video game to break shit, kill shit, figure shit out efficiently and feel like a god when done. That's strategy , tactics, and APM. 3d if you're vein.

Chess
Tetris
Doom

Um, no.

1. Narratively-driven video games are NOT "strategy."
2. Educational games are NOT "tactical games."
3. Aesthetically driven games are NOT "movies."
4. Hidden-object and adventure games are NOT "strategy games."

As I said, your distillation is simplistic. Ridiculously simplistic even, which I don't mind pointing out so bluntly after you completely ignored and/or disingenuously glossed over multiple examples demonstrating such.

I rest my case.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
1. Strategy. Story telling is bells and whistle I mentioned.
2. Flying is tactics to get off the ground and get back down. Strategy would be a fight plan.
3. I forgot movies. Usually click past them to game.
4. Strategy games.
5. I have not heard of. Very interesting. I just use my heart rate monitor on the track which goes BEEP BEEP BEEP get moving you lazy fuck when HR drops below 155. Call me a Luddite by I'm not playing a video game to get healthy.

I am playing video game to break shit, kill shit, figure shit out efficiently and feel like a god when done. That's strategy , tactics, and APM. 3d if you're vein.

Chess
Tetris
Doom

Um, no.

1. Narratively-driven video games are NOT "strategy."
2. Educational games are NOT "tactical games."
3. Aesthetically driven games are NOT "movies."
4. Hidden-object and adventure games are NOT "strategy games."

As I said, your distillation is simplistic. Ridiculously simplistic even, which I don't mind pointing out so bluntly after you completely ignored and/or disingenuously glossed over multiple examples demonstrating such.

I rest my case.

I think your case was never really disturbed. So maybe "My case is still resting." would have been a bit more accurate? :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
I think your case was never really disturbed. So maybe "My case is still resting." would have been a bit more accurate? :-)

Heh.

Well, in this case it just means, "I feel no need to lay down any more supporting statements." Which is the original legal meaning, if I am not mistaken.

It is shorthand for, "Nah, I guess this isn't an interesting thing to discuss with you after all." Unlike in my previous post, where I explicitly said that I was interested.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Lol this thread.

1. D2 Remaster will sell ridiculously well.

2. The group working on it are quite good, and did some pretty great stuff for Destiny content that was wildly praised.

3. Gamers play games for specific reasons, and fall into specific categories (normally on average). The "age" of the game in 99% of cases means NOTHING if it hits on what those gamers want.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 18, 2020, 12:08:37 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Lol this thread.

*Tips hat* YW
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
3. Gamers play games for specific reasons, and fall into specific categories (normally on average). The "age" of the game in 99% of cases means NOTHING if it hits on what those gamers want.

The features of the game do matter though. What does a remaster, assuming it doesn't include new content, offer that current D2 (with its huge library of fixes and mods, including loads of new content) doesn't? Besides just updated graphics? Why play a 20 year old game for modern graphics? And if so, who are these people who stuck with the game for all these years without said graphics but now suddenly discover a driving need for it?
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Heh.

Well, in this case it just means, "I feel no need to lay down any more supporting statements." Which is the original legal meaning, if I am not mistaken.

It is shorthand for, "Nah, I guess this isn't an interesting thing to discuss with you after all." Unlike in my previous post, where I explicitly said that I was interested.

Yes, just another of my silly attempts to inject humor. Since it is mostly for my own amusement I'm sometimes probably a bit too coy.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

The features of the game do matter though. What does a remaster, assuming it doesn't include new content, offer that current D2 (with its huge library of fixes and mods, including loads of new content) doesn't? Besides just updated graphics? Why play a 20 year old game for modern graphics? And if so, who are these people who stuck with the game for all these years without said graphics but now suddenly discover a driving need for it?

So there is no appetite for a remaster of one of the greatest games of all-time?

Sure maybe. I don't know.

It's just my opinion that it will do well among those that are already interested. I would imagine it's more palatable to a "new" crowd in a more HD remastered state.

VV typically does great work. I would suppose that they have taken a look at the most popular D2 mods, at a minimum, to assist them with polishing a classic. I would think there would be some changes. But not mind-blowing diversions or an expansion pack. Cmon bro.

I have no idea what you consider content anyways? Perhaps you could detail what you think the game needs in order to do well?

As far as who will play / buy this game? Nearly everyone that enjoys arpg's, is 30+ years old, and loves Diablo. Oh by the way, that means millions of people.

Related note on gamer demographics:

https://techjury.net/stats-about/video-game-demographics/#gref

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info