[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
Pooty_ wrote:
Kinda wish I had held out for 30%.

That's still a pretty sweet hat. Even with 30% quality and the max 45 ES craft roll, it would just go from 215 to 219. If you were selling, it might make a difference since folks overpay for "perfect" rolls, but you're never going to notice the difference if you use it.

Shock and reduced attributes are nice luxuries too. You can wear the helm with just the base int from the tree and none on gear.

Hit reduced attributes on bow too. Kind of an under-rated talent. Really frees up movement and options of gear.
Can someone explain why the watcher's eye with malevolence is listed as mandatory? When looking at it, 22% damage over time multiplier isn't only exclusive to watcher's eye - does it scale differently than the stats from quivers and bows?
"
Flaxiz wrote:
Can someone explain why the watcher's eye with malevolence is listed as mandatory? When looking at it, 22% damage over time multiplier isn't only exclusive to watcher's eye - does it scale differently than the stats from quivers and bows?

That amount of % to damage over time multiplier will be a large, noticeable boost in DPS.
"
Flaxiz wrote:
Can someone explain why the watcher's eye with malevolence is listed as mandatory?
Mandatory imo in a way "if you want to min max your damage there's nothing better for that slot".

22% multi and 6% life is really good value for a passive point / jewel slot.

It's not "mandatory" in a way "the build won't function without it", in the same manner awakened gems aren't mandatory etc. But if you start cutting expensive upgrades it'll come to the point people will say "I can't reach author's dps levels what gives?"

Personally I'm leaving watcher's eye for last upgrade, it was around 11ex at league start and I think it's around 5ex now, but still upgrading bow / quiver / neck / cluster jewels first is probably best course of action when counting "dps gained per exalt spent".

Once you get to the stage all your upgrades require extremely min maxed and expensive items, watcher's eye suddenly is the best bang for your buck. Now upgrading that 5ex watcher's eye with 1 mod into 30-50ex one with two mods might not be very important unless you want to keep sinking currency into that one character.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Flaxiz wrote:
Can someone explain why the watcher's eye with malevolence is listed as mandatory?
Mandatory imo in a way "if you want to min max your damage there's nothing better for that slot".

22% multi and 6% life is really good value for a passive point / jewel slot.

It's not "mandatory" in a way "the build won't function without it", in the same manner awakened gems aren't mandatory etc. But if you start cutting expensive upgrades it'll come to the point people will say "I can't reach author's dps levels what gives?"

Personally I'm leaving watcher's eye for last upgrade, it was around 11ex at league start and I think it's around 5ex now, but still upgrading bow / quiver / neck / cluster jewels first is probably best course of action when counting "dps gained per exalt spent".

Once you get to the stage all your upgrades require extremely min maxed and expensive items, watcher's eye suddenly is the best bang for your buck. Now upgrading that 5ex watcher's eye with 1 mod into 30-50ex one with two mods might not be very important unless you want to keep sinking currency into that one character.

Thank you for the thorough response - I got confused cause of the "mandatory" word - for me, mandatory has a meaning of "build doesn't function without it", so I thought I was missing a hidden mathematical formular in relation to the mentioned item. I normally use the word luxury to describe an item like that myself. In my mind, a optimised bow or quiver has significantly more "mandatory" importance than the watcher's eye - but I'll leave it at that. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking something.
Toxic rain doesn't need any "mandatory" item to function unlike let's say cospri or baron zombie builds that are made around that item.

All you need is:
- high gem level (easiest with bow, harder / expensive with corrupted chest)
- high attack speed
- a lot of chaos damage / damage over time increased and multipliers
- good skill effect duration increase
- some area increase for pods to shotgun

How you get these stats is flexible but there are more efficient and less efficient ways for each.

For example with watcher's eye you can get attack speed while affected by precision, but you get less impactful amount than the dot multi one gives.

It can give up to 15% attack speed while notables on the tree give up to 12% per point. Meanwhile biggest chaos multi nodes give 10%, as opposed to 22% from the jewel.

And about what's "luxury" that all depends on every player's budget / playstyle, for some 50ex to build a character is expensive, others are just getting started at that point.
Just realized you changed to a 3 cluster setup, how does it compared to the one in your pob though in terms of survivability and damage? :O
Really nice build. Even though I have only 6k EHP and no leech, I rarely die while mapping thanks to 75% dodge hits and spells. 90% of the time my hp stay full. All contents are easy. Leveling up from 90 to 95 with only 1 stupid death because I tried to click that immortal shrine and get rekts by 50 mob around it. Clear speed is fast too, not at herald stacking level but I manage to kill boss in lair, buriral, tropical island without fogs running out.

Solid build, will league start this
Cool build, thanks a lot for sharing.

The only issue I have is with Mirage Archer, the constants firing sounds get on my nerve pretty fast. Is there another support gem that could replace it ? I know it would suck for clearspeed but I might try it anyway.
"
thomzon wrote:
Cool build, thanks a lot for sharing.

The only issue I have is with Mirage Archer, the constants firing sounds get on my nerve pretty fast. Is there another support gem that could replace it ? I know it would suck for clearspeed but I might try it anyway.

Damage on full life support is the best replacement for mirage archer. (If you already use it in place of empower support, use empower support)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info