[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

Hi! Pretty sure I'll league start with a TR trickster next league, loving the skill (I've tried a TR Sabo last league) and want to give self cast a shot!

Just want to be sure about the breakpoints. As we would have 6-8 arrows, we should have atleast 50% increased AoE without Dying Sun up and ideally 72% increased AoE with Dying Sun up? Ofc more is better :)

Also just tried the build in a very poor version, just to see what it was capable of! My trickster with very bad items could easily down regular T15 bosses (ZiimAllTheseSouls) but felt generally squishy, but I'm very surprised how great the build was functioning. Can't wait to play this in the next league, where I'll be able to get good items, especially the bow :D
Last edited by ZiiimZooon on May 16, 2020, 11:42:04 AM
"
ZiiimZooon wrote:
Hi! Pretty sure I'll league start with a TR trickster next league, loving the skill (I've tried a TR Sabo last league) and want to give self cast a shot!

Just want to be sure about the breakpoints. As we would have 6-8 arrows, we should have atleast 50% increased AoE without Dying Sun up and ideally 72% increased AoE with Dying Sun up? Ofc more is better :)

Also just tried the build in a very poor version, just to see what it was capable of! My trickster with very bad items could easily down regular T15 bosses (ZiimAllTheseSouls) but felt generally squishy, but I'm very surprised how great the build was functioning. Can't wait to play this in the next league, where I'll be able to get good items, especially the bow :D

The breakpoints are backed out of a formula that some folks deduced from empirical testing. The reddit page I linked showed their methodology, so the breakpoints are only as accurate as your trust in those folks. The point being, this isn't official GGG verified and deterministic math like the cast on crit breakpoints for instance. They "feel" right to me anecdotally, but that's all I can promise.

That said, yes you're reading the table correctly. You get 15% from the tree if you take Lethal Assault, so that and Carcass Jack hits the first one. Then a decently rolled AoE on Dying Sun will get you close to 90 when you're at 8 arrows. Pushing higher starts to require investment, perhaps megalomaniacs with Assert Dominance or Broadside, crafting AoE on gloves/helmet, etc.

"
thomzon wrote:
Cool build, thanks a lot for sharing.

The only issue I have is with Mirage Archer, the constants firing sounds get on my nerve pretty fast. Is there another support gem that could replace it ? I know it would suck for clearspeed but I might try it anyway.

As was said, Damage on Full Life is a good support. Its uptime is pretty high on a dodge character as you get hit infrequently and recover quickly. Another underrated one I've been playing around with is Awakened Increased Area of Effect. It has a small more multiplier now and likely gets you to hit another overlapping pod, a hidden more multiplier.

Both of those gems will speed up some bossing greatly, as Mirage Archer can't pre-load damage on conquerors for instance.

"
drigorinx wrote:
Just realized you changed to a 3 cluster setup, how does it compared to the one in your pob though in terms of survivability and damage? :O

All in all, it *feels* about the same 99% of the time. I basically kept the top line DPS per pod the same but added a bit more duration. So its max DPS tops out higher than the 2 cluster setup, but it's only going to be seen when you're pumping out more than 4 seconds straight, and by that time everything is already dead.

In fact, lately I've been trying swapping out some of the Eternal Suffering notables for Flow of Life instead. I dropped a couple hundred points of eHP and a tiny amount of evasion switching to 3 clusters, so the survivability is ever so slightly worse.
Last build with the league and find this build ridiculously strong. Clear all content with this build without breaking a sweat. DPS is really high, and I find myself die a lot less than other tanky characters like storm brand archmage even with 10k ES, or One with nothing with 80% physical damage reduction, 3k leech,etc. I only die to stupid delirium beyond boss with one shot shotgun, but my own stupidity because I go too reckless haha. Only die once levleing from 95 to 97.

The upside is really nice. Chaos damage so I can do all map mods, clear mobs from far away, great league starter. The only downside is probably fighting Sirus because of his stupid phasing and I dont have leech or regen so I have to bring like 3-4 life flask. THats about it.

Thanks for a great build. I played stormbrand archmage, one with nothing cyclone, herald stacking, and this build. Beside herald stacking, I find this build the most enjoyable and definitely will start this build next league as league starter.

I think damage on full life support is really great as we are pretty much 99% at full life all the time.

My pob: https://pastebin.com/sdB9ZwNG

A quick simu wave 20 I just recorded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-nSrDa_s2k&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by jackietran24 on May 17, 2020, 1:19:21 PM
"
jackietran24 wrote:
The only downside is probably fighting Sirus because of his stupid phasing and I dont have leech or regen so I have to bring like 3-4 life flask.
One way to deal with running out of life flasks would be either ryslatha's pantheon or swapping in a medium cluster with Mender's Wellspring once, there are few non-trash nodes that can be rolled on flask jewels like Brewed for Potency (increased damage / increased life gained from flask) or Peak Vigour (a straight forward life node), Spiked Concoction could be useful too (increased attack speed during flask / increased effect of flasks).

It's not optimal for every scenario but for prolonged boss fights it's a way to gain sustain as a non CI / non PF / non leech type of character.

Even then, cutedog was boosting Sirus last season with 5 life flask jugg so that's a strat too.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
jackietran24 wrote:
The only downside is probably fighting Sirus because of his stupid phasing and I dont have leech or regen so I have to bring like 3-4 life flask.
One way to deal with running out of life flasks would be either ryslatha's pantheon or swapping in a medium cluster with Mender's Wellspring once, there are few non-trash nodes that can be rolled on flask jewels like Brewed for Potency (increased damage / increased life gained from flask) or Peak Vigour (a straight forward life node), Spiked Concoction could be useful too (increased attack speed during flask / increased effect of flasks).

It's not optimal for every scenario but for prolonged boss fights it's a way to gain sustain as a non CI / non PF / non leech type of character.

Even then, cutedog was boosting Sirus last season with 5 life flask jugg so that's a strat too.

Yea. The only problem is sirus not because we lack damage or anything. Its just a long fight and 1 life flask doesnt cut it. So i used 4 life flask and all good.
Holy fuck, I just hit a maximum life and damage double corruption on my Carcass jack :D
Just wanted to drop by again thank the build creator and vik. This has been the most fun I’ve had in my 1800 hours playing Poe.

My favorite thing about the build is that I’ve taken to calling it the “fist of the North Star build” because when a boss spawns “you’re already dead.”

One other thing I wanted to ask a question about. I was doing some HoTG and had a scorching Ray loaded. When I got done I went back to normal mapping and bossing and after prefiring a boss with normal setup I hit it a second after and it added a ton of damage. I figured I just wasn’t paying attention and have tested it out a few times and it seems like it adds tons of damage. It’s totally unneeded and I kill everything fast without it but I’m just shocked and not really sure why it instantly adds so much damage with all the degen already down.
Yes, I know, it is way toooooo late in this league to start a new build now.

I need a bit of advice for the 3.11 (I never played bow build yet but I love toxic rain concept)

What is the gear upgrade path do you recommend for this build? Let's suppose that I finished the 10 acts with trash gear (Tabula+Quill Rain for example). Then I can farm and collect chaos/exalts. What is the gear upgrade priority ?

Thanks

Personally I'd prio first lvl 20 TR gem, lvl 21 as soon as the price is affordable (you wouldn't believe how many people come with 10ex bows and lvl 17-19 TR gem to ask across the guides why their dmg is low).

Then for bow either buy a 6-link non corrupted or cards (porcupine / imperial legacy) whatever is cheaper and Shrieking Essence of Dread for +2 to bow gems. Another option is having 5 or 6 linked Silverbranch and the prophecy upgrade to Silverbough (usually cheaper that way than having to buy Silverbough).

Other items prio getting high life and resist cap, can probably buy carcass jack without links if you have a 5/6 link bow, that should also be cheap since there are div cards for it.

Corrupted empower 3 also starts dropping in price fairly early into the league, can be incorporated especially if you use Silverbough as you get 2 levels out of it (1 from TR 1 from empower) as opposed for the +2 essence bow.

Don't know how cluster jewels are gonna be next league, so hard to say.

But if you can fill all slots except the bow with 5c rares, that's probably gonna carry you to early red maps and you can save currency for getting a +3 bow.

If you can get some chaos multi mods on quiver / glove early for cheap, go for it, if not, save currency, fix stat requirements / resists / life and you're good.

You might be forced to use mana flask until you can get -mana cost rings, just alt spam one for enduring prefix and you're good to go until temple rings become affordable or you get the elreon craft (elreon's rings go for fairly high price early on, and temple rings often come with trash distribution of mods than can gimp you).

You can even yolo it with thief's torment or praxis rings if these aren't too expensive and you can get resists elsewhere, but it's gonna impact your life pool. Good praxis rings tend to be moderately expensive early on though because they make cyclone or any melee levelling bearable.

Probably goes without saying, but don't spec any jewel sockets until you have jewels for them. There's enough good stuff for free on the tree, and I see very often people that are lvl 70 or so and pick sockets and then have some rubbish slotted in it. Early jewels can be a drain on currency or a waste of 2-3 passive points.
Thanks for your answer !

Right now, at the end of the league, the price for "ideal" bow described in the guide it is still veeeery expensive

"
Base attack speed is important! Choose a bow that is item level 82 and has a base attack time of 1.50. The realistic ideal bow would be:

- +1 to level of Socketed Gems prefix
- t1 increased Attack Speed suffix
- t1 Damage over Time Multiplier suffix
- Can have up to 3 crafted modifiers
- Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier craft
- +2 to level of Socketed Support Gems craft

I have 13ex in my stash and I cant afford one (25+ex minimum)

What is more important between:
attack speed OR damage over time multiplier ?

Also, about Carcass Jack. The guide ask for many RED sockets. Off color. 4 RED + 2 GREEN is 10ex minimum (6L). No 6L is like 1ex. Ups.

So, just curious. What is budget for decent "min-max" build ?

PS I made this thing with like 35c. Should be good for tests.

Last edited by _MrL_ on May 18, 2020, 3:06:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info