[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

"
toxic678 wrote:
I'm going to play around with the +critical + frenzy charge on crit to see if I can get consistent frenzies. The crit chance is pretty crappy for TR.. but since every pod counts as a hit when it explodes, there might be enough hits to generate consistent frenzies on dense maps. Doubt it on bosses. EDIT: Nope - procced a single frenzy charge during a dense t16 map. Don't bother :)

I actually tested to see how tailwind boots would feel out of curiosity. I was pessimistic going in, and it went about as poorly as expected. With crit/accuracy factored in, I have 7% effective crit chance. The hitbox on arrows landing seems to be super tiny. The explosions can hit, but the pods last so long that they kill trash mobs well before they explode, so there's nothing left around in the vicinity when they go off. Basically any on hit mechanics are wholly unreliable using TR.
Any idea how CI would work in this build?
"
Kuorria wrote:
You'll probably be more squishy because you'll have to skip acro to not lose 30% of ES and you can't do "thread of hope trick" for phase acro because now cluster jewels are there, and if you use perfect form you'll lose ES and damage bonuses from chest. It's also too far to reliably path to any other cluster attachment node.

So basically you'll have to say goodbye to dodge.

Also you can't easily craft faster start of ES recharge on rings without multimodding because you need the -mana cost and the more attack speed you have the more mandatory these become.

You would probably need discipline as aura so you'd have to drop flesh & stone (again making you more squishy) or aspect of the spider and maybe also have to invest in charisma if you end up with not enough mana.

Personally I think while you can make it work, it will end up with too many sacrifices in comparison to life / hybrid version and on top of it, there's not much reason to do so.

Spell builds like ED can build ES because they can transition from CI to lowlife and get that juicy pain attunement for extra dps. This doesn't work for non spell skills. They can also go the route of wand + shield and build maxblock / ES on block to make up for no dodge. Bow skills can't do this.

Spell builds also get more from things that synergize with both ES and mana like Crown of the Inward Eye, Utmost Intellect, Prodigal Perfection, Dark Ideation etc. so you can build int / mana, get ES / spell damage out of it.

It's also not a build that can leech and abuse Ghost Reaver, and without Wicked Ward you might have problem getting ES recharge to stick especially without dodge / block and low evasion.

So yeah... I think all things considered it would just end up weaker for no gain. Yes, you can skip chaos resist but then lack of dodge / evasion will probably mean you'll be dying from melee hits a lot.

If chaos damage is killing you, consider sacrificing some dps for chaos resist. Chaos res on gear, Shakari + Arakali pantheons (upgraded), cluster jewels with Exposure Therapy, Blessed, Student of Decay, Antivenom (if not having Shakari upgrade).

My character doesn't have chaos res capped, but I'm around ~10% on positive + shakari poison immunity, and I still nearly died from the hunter snakes and dead players do 0 dps so... You decide how much chaos res you need to feel comfortable to play.
Last edited by Viktranka on May 11, 2020, 1:20:07 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Kuorria wrote:
You'll probably be more squishy because you'll have to skip acro to not lose 30% of ES and you can't do "thread of hope trick" for phase acro because now cluster jewels are there, and if you use perfect form you'll lose ES and damage bonuses from chest. It's also too far to reliably path to any other cluster attachment node.

So basically you'll have to say goodbye to dodge.

Also you can't easily craft faster start of ES recharge on rings without multimodding because you need the -mana cost and the more attack speed you have the more mandatory these become.

You would probably need discipline as aura so you'd have to drop flesh & stone (again making you more squishy) or aspect of the spider and maybe also have to invest in charisma if you end up with not enough mana.

Personally I think while you can make it work, it will end up with too many sacrifices in comparison to life / hybrid version and on top of it, there's not much reason to do so.

Spell builds like ED can build ES because they can transition from CI to lowlife and get that juicy pain attunement for extra dps. This doesn't work for non spell skills. They can also go the route of wand + shield and build maxblock / ES on block to make up for no dodge. Bow skills can't do this.

Spell builds also get more from things that synergize with both ES and mana like Crown of the Inward Eye, Utmost Intellect, Prodigal Perfection, Dark Ideation etc. so you can build int / mana, get ES / spell damage out of it.

It's also not a build that can leech and abuse Ghost Reaver, and without Wicked Ward you might have problem getting ES recharge to stick especially without dodge / block and low evasion.

So yeah... I think all things considered it would just end up weaker for no gain. Yes, you can skip chaos resist but then lack of dodge / evasion will probably mean you'll be dying from melee hits a lot.

If chaos damage is killing you, consider sacrificing some dps for chaos resist. Chaos res on gear, Shakari + Arakali pantheons (upgraded), cluster jewels with Exposure Therapy, Blessed, Student of Decay, Antivenom (if not having Shakari upgrade).

My character doesn't have chaos res capped, but I'm around ~10% on positive + shakari poison immunity, and I still nearly died from the hunter snakes and dead players do 0 dps so... You decide how much chaos res you need to feel comfortable to play.

Thanks for the in-depth insight! I wasn't expecting such an in-depth one tbh xD

Nevertheless, I'm currently playing hybrid right now, and I'm doing pretty well so far. But yeah, sometimes I get randomly one-shotted out of nowhere even with 3 Ghost Shrouds.

Current PoB: https://pastebin.com/S0EiQ4yj

Currently using Small Clusters to balance my resists, but I think I've hit the cap for now with the smaller upgrades. Anything else from this is basically shelling 10+ - 30+ exalts per min-max upgrades.

Kinda want some inputs on this. Any suggestions to make for my current build?
*Edit: I forgot to uncheck Despair on my skill gems, so activating Stibnite Flask actually lowers the DPS of my TR. I only use despair for bossing since I wanna save on flask charges*
Last edited by Kuorria on May 11, 2020, 3:03:42 PM
"
Kuorria wrote:
Thanks for the in-depth insight! I wasn't expecting such an in-depth one tbh xD

Nevertheless, I'm currently playing hybrid right now, and I'm doing pretty well so far. But yeah, sometimes I get randomly one-shotted out of nowhere even with 3 Ghost Shrouds.

Current PoB: https://pastebin.com/S0EiQ4yj

Currently using Small Clusters to balance my resists, but I think I've hit the cap for now with the smaller upgrades. Anything else from this is basically shelling 10+ - 30+ exalts per min-max upgrades.

Kinda want some inputs on this. Any suggestions to make for my current build?
*Edit: I forgot to uncheck Despair on my skill gems, so activating Stibnite Flask actually lowers the DPS of my TR. I only use despair for bossing since I wanna save on flask charges*

It looks like you have Aspect of the Spider on your boots where you are running your Flame Dash-Faster Casting-Second Wind setup. Unfortunately the mana multipliers from those support gems are therefore increasing the reservation of Aspect of the Spider. If you recolor your gear to put your Aura setup in the boots, you should have enough mana to be able to drop the Influence cluster and still run all your stuff. If you pick up the 2 life/ES nodes inside Written in Blood, you can also drop the int node in front of Influence. You're now at 2 free points. I'd drop Trickery for Lethal Assault (basically a tie in damage, but the AoE is useful) and then route the Growth and Decay notable through the regen instead of the damage to get a third free point. Then you can grab Revenge of the Hunted.

All in all you gain about 500 additional life/es for only a trivial damage loss. Should help with the one shots.
"
rlauren2 wrote:

It looks like you have Aspect of the Spider on your boots where you are running your Flame Dash-Faster Casting-Second Wind setup. Unfortunately the mana multipliers from those support gems are therefore increasing the reservation of Aspect of the Spider. If you recolor your gear to put your Aura setup in the boots, you should have enough mana to be able to drop the Influence cluster and still run all your stuff. If you pick up the 2 life/ES nodes inside Written in Blood, you can also drop the int node in front of Influence. You're now at 2 free points. I'd drop Trickery for Lethal Assault (basically a tie in damage, but the AoE is useful) and then route the Growth and Decay notable through the regen instead of the damage to get a third free point. Then you can grab Revenge of the Hunted.

All in all you gain about 500 additional life/es for only a trivial damage loss. Should help with the one shots.

What the hell? I didn't know the mana multiplier affects Aspect of the Spider holy. Thanks for the advise! Will work on recolouring my sockets!

Also, thanks for the suggestion of editing the skill tree!

Another question: If I managed to hit level 100, where should the 3 remaining skill points go?
Last edited by Kuorria on May 12, 2020, 1:24:52 AM
Faster casting doesn't affect spider, but second wind unfortunately does. You can check this by unsocketing gem and mouse over: cross is doesn't affect and green tick is it does.

So yes, you're getting extra 25% mana cost from second wind in that case.
That's why a lot of people put spider on belt and other items that cannot have sockets.

Btw remember to put back faster casting to your totem link. :)

About the points you could repath to include Blood Drinker and the socket above it. Atm it would cost you 4 points but with some swaps around it could be worth it to grab both the life and the jewel.
Last edited by Viktranka on May 12, 2020, 2:03:07 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:
Faster casting doesn't affect spider, but second wind unfortunately does. You can check this by unsocketing gem and mouse over: cross is doesn't affect and green tick is it does.

So yes, you're getting extra 25% mana cost from second wind in that case.
That's why a lot of people put spider on belt and other items that cannot have sockets.

Btw remember to put back faster casting to your totem link. :)

About the points you could repath to include Blood Drinker and the socket above it. Atm it would cost you 4 points but with some swaps around it could be worth it to grab both the life and the jewel.

Oh! Didn't really notice that on Aspect of the Spider.

Also, thanks for reminding to slot back fasting casting on my totem xD

I guess Blood Drinker would be the to-go to get the most out of the remaining points. However, if i want to get the socket above it, would it be wise to not use Intuitive Leap then? I can swap for a normal jewel instead, save 3 points there and get the jewel socket to slot another jewel as well. Or are the 3 points too valuable to remove?
hey just a weird question, would you suggest to take just pure phase acro to avoid the es penalty?
Last edited by drigorin on May 12, 2020, 5:17:42 AM
How would this build perform as a league starter? Would you recommend it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info