[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

"
_MrL_ wrote:
PS I made this thing with like 35c. Should be good for tests.

chaos damage over time multiplier is VASTLY VASTLY VASTLY better than % increased damage over time craft. change it immediately.

also, for 3.11. if cluster jewels aren't a thing anymore, or even if you can't stack them or something...then i just don't really see this build worth doing anymore.

just comparatively to other things i've personally stepped away from TR builds until late 3.10 again because cluster jewels just ramp it up immensely, but i don't anticipate that staying in the current form.
again, personally, if you can't stack the notables from cluster jewels like you can currently, or if they just don't even stay at all, i know for sure i won't be doing a TR build in 3.11 at all
"
_MrL_ wrote:
Also, about Carcass Jack. The guide ask for many RED sockets. Off color. 4 RED + 2 GREEN is 10ex minimum (6L). No 6L is like 1ex. Ups.
Why don't you just colour it yourself? Unless it's corrupted I don't see why anyone would buy by socket colours and not by stat rolls. You can also move totem or cwdt setup to any other piece of gear. Only mandatory thing is TR in whatever gives gem bonuses (so in most cases bow) and auras in helmet if you use vertex or devouring diadem, if you use a -9 res rare then it doesn't matter either.
@my bad, now it is better.

I sit on 20ex and I still cant find an "ideal" bow. Still looking....
Last edited by _MrL_ on May 19, 2020, 7:18:33 AM
"
_MrL_ wrote:
@my bad, now it is better.

I sit on 20ex and I still cant find an "ideal" bow. Still looking....

If you search for something like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/rP4aRprTQ then you can get a pretty alright bow for 9-10 ex

If you want attack speed aswell, you'll land at 25 ex+
Yes, I would like to buy a bow with at least 10+ attack speed. I will farm few more ex then buy one :)
"
xMustard wrote:

also, for 3.11. if cluster jewels aren't a thing anymore, or even if you can't stack them or something...then i just don't really see this build worth doing anymore.

just comparatively to other things i've personally stepped away from TR builds until late 3.10 again because cluster jewels just ramp it up immensely, but i don't anticipate that staying in the current form.
again, personally, if you can't stack the notables from cluster jewels like you can currently, or if they just don't even stay at all, i know for sure i won't be doing a TR build in 3.11 at all

Honestly there are so many good notables, which you can use for TR. Cluster jewels will stay, i think that is a pretty save bet, and even if you cant stack them anymore that wont be end of the world. The build will still be insanely strong. For Example as a large cluster you can use one with 2 sockets + Broadside + Tempered Arrowheads; for medium cluster jewels use the following notables: eternal suffering, wicked pall, circling oblivion and Unwaveringly Evil / Exposure Therapy. For the small jewels i like using at least one Surging Vitality to mitigate the degen from Blood Rage, but thats up to you.

The Passive tree offers really good alternatives to skipping the second cluster jewel --> Head to Scion area, grab the jewel socket with the resistance points, use a Thread of Hope (very large) and grab 45% Skill effect duration at the top + Profane Chemistry + Berserking + Harrier (thats 45% Skill effect duration, 6% life, 8% increased flask effect, 30% life recovery from flasks, 21% attack speed and 5% movement speed for 6 Points + the jewel socket)

Also one thing i would like to note: Has anyone considered skipping Escape Artist for Weave the Arcane? I tested that and i like that a lot. I swapped out two -mana cost crafts to minimum frenzy charges (minimum endurance charges is a good alternative). This way the reduced damage taken from weave the arcane is pretty much always active and the 20% increased attack speed is also always active due to using dash pretty much all the time. Our overall mana pool is also much bigger (we gain 33% increased maximum mana) so that we can pre-fire against bosses much easier. By skipping escape artist i pretty much only lost 10% spell dodge (in like 90% of the time) and cannot be stunned. From my testing that is not a big deal at all, since we get hit pretty much never and thus we dont get stunned pretty much never and the 10% spell dodge is worse, than the 6% reduced dmg taken from weave the arcane. The attack speed is conditional (I gained permanent 20% attack speed and 8% attack speed from frenzy charges in boss fights) and furthermore i only lose ~300ES and 2% chance to evade. I did two simulacrums, uber elder, two shaper and a bunch of t16's deathless after i swapped to weave the arcane
I played 5 toons this league and rerolled many of them to different builds.
Toxic rain is truly amazing any my favourite one so far.
I'm not fully optimized on cluster jewels and only have 1 large-1 medium-1 small but the damage is so stupid and by far the best damage build i played.

1 question - i managed to get a white socket on my bow and according to POB if i use concentrated effect instead of mirage archer my DOT dps goes up from 340k to 640k, this is just nuts. so don't we use concentrated effect for bosses? seems like a sick upgrade to the build unless i'm missing something.
So, finally bought this thing. I need to color a bit, this wont be a problem. 24ex cost.

"
I'm not fully optimized on cluster jewels and only have 1 large-1 medium-1 small but the damage is so stupid and by far the best damage build i played.

1 question - i managed to get a white socket on my bow and according to POB if i use concentrated effect instead of mirage archer my DOT dps goes up from 340k to 640k, this is just nuts. so don't we use concentrated effect for bosses? seems like a sick upgrade to the build unless i'm missing something.

if i remeber correctly that was taking up into the guide or somewhere that your dps goes up but QoL having Mirage Archer on bosses where you just cant stay and nuke you are still doing damage with Mirage.

having an other question about Quill Rain and sorry if this has already been a post about this but what is the take on using Quill Rain for Toxic Rain in general? i guess QoL of having your Mirage turret for you while you clear would be an awsome QoL but losing out on alot of DoT dps i guess?
"

You don't want to use Conc Effect, it might increase your damage, but it will also reduce your area of effect, which means you will get a lower amount of overlapping pods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info