[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

"
MaelstromMike wrote:
How would this build perform as a league starter? Would you recommend it?

Toxic Rain is always one of the most popular league starters. While this guide is particularly tailored to the end-game version, I tried adding some budget gearing suggestions where I could. There's another guide by typicaldemon that advertises 50c uber elder clear. Div cards that give 6-link bows, damage that comes mostly from gems, being able to run all map mods, etc. makes TR a breeze to start with.

"
drigorin wrote:
hey just a weird question, would you suggest to take just pure phase acro to avoid the es penalty?

No. I'm not sure how you'd actually do that. We can't use thread of hope since we need the outer sockets for cluster jewels, and carcass jack is so superior to any other armor that we can't drop it for perfect form. My version now has right around 900-1000 ES after the penalty, so you'd only get back a couple hundred points. On a dodge/evasion based character, I think the dodge chance is actually important enough that I'd take the penalty anyways even if I could path around it.

"
Kuorria wrote:
What the hell? I didn't know the mana multiplier affects Aspect of the Spider holy. Thanks for the advise! Will work on recolouring my sockets!

Also, thanks for the suggestion of editing the skill tree!

Another question: If I managed to hit level 100, where should the 3 remaining skill points go?

Yeah, what's even more annoying is that even though the support gems do affect aspects, Enlighten support in your boots won't lower the aspect cost. Enlighten specifically states it cannot support skills that don't come from gems.

For the last three points, lots of choices:
- route growth and decay back through the damage nodes
- grab trickery again
- survivalist
- the extra 2 life nodes behind revenge of the hunted
- blood drinker
- the 3 life/es nodes by melding

Also, a side note about small cluster jewels. Yours right now are really good. I searched for Fettle, +8 hp, +4 all res and didn't find any under 5 ex. In total, you're getting:
- 34% life
- 60 hp
- 84% total resist (20 res all, 24 chaos)
- some regen from surging vitality

But, by comparison, if you dropped those jewels, you'd have 6 points to spend and 2 open jewel sockets. You could spend those 6 points to get the life nodes behind revenge of the hunted and the 3 life nodes at blood drinker, and get two regular jewels with life and two double-resist mods to make:
- 42% life
- 88 total resist (assuming double 11 rolls on each jewel)
- some trivial evasion
- depending on budget, perhaps a damage mod as the 4th affix on the jewels like attack speed with bows

To be clear, I'm not saying you should change anything. These lists are very close to a tie (I'd say yours is better), so no need to switch it up if you've got everything all balanced. I'm just trying to illustrate to others that even GG small cluster jewels can almost be matched by saving the skill points and having an open jewel socket.
"
drigorin wrote:
hey just a weird question, would you suggest to take just pure phase acro to avoid the es penalty?
You'd have to rework the whole tree to skip 1 cluster or fit it somewhere else, I think it'll end up less efficient, and would only be worth it if you have A LOT of ES.

It's really hard to cut anything out of the OP's tree and not lose efficiency. Especially how Shadow starting point is. As Occultist or Ranger I could justify stretching to another cluster (hell I'm doing that on my ranger), but on Trickster it feels you're much better condensing the points in that corner of the tree.

If clusters get mega nerfed in 3.11 to the point it's not worth going for 2 bunches, you could consider it, if your build is ES heavy (your ES to life proportion is better than 1 : 2, so for example more than 2k es for each 4k of life).

"
MaelstromMike wrote:
How would this build perform as a league starter? Would you recommend it?
TR was played long before clusters existed and nothing should change its viability (there are much more OP specs out there if GGG wanted to swing the nerfbat).

Carcass jack is really cheap usually without any corruptions or anything, there's even div card for it, you can also start with a bow from div cards either porcupine or imperial legacy and most other items can be replaced by a rare or postponed until prices drop (stuff like dying sun start high when people don't have fragments for bosses, then drop in price once everyone can farm them).

If clusters are hard to get / impossible next league you can fill the tree in other directions like skill effect duration in scion area (potency of will / exceptional performance), or going down to ranger and picking avatar of the hunt, heavy draw, fury bolts etc. It's just too much travelling in the world where cluster jewels exist.

"
rlauren2 wrote:
There's another guide by typicaldemon that advertises 50c uber elder clear.
Tbh it's a bit fake advertisement, I don't think this applies to post 3.9 uber elder, unless you want to spend a lot of time on it or you're a godlike player.

It's a good guide and I followed decent amount of advice from it during Legion, but it focuses on map clear more than bossing. (Queen of the Forest and no life flask in default setup tell me it's expected to zoom zoom maps.)

For 50c you'll get a sufficient league starter that can carry you up to early red maps but might be a bit squishy and not super high damage, you will need to invest 3-8 ex in a proper bow to actually feel the damage boost.

At least if you don't do any glaring mistakes you will never have a problem unlike some other end-game oriented builds that without 30ex+ don't even try it.

Also the centerpiece imo is the bow that you can completely self craft so you will NEVER have the problem of "omg pricefixers monopolized this 1 unique I desperately need for my build to work". Cospris and void batteries might be 20c now but it won't be the case at league start.

P.S. Esoro recently made a vid about TR Trickster which might spike people's interest in the TR builds, I watched it and it was very realistic without crazy mods or anything, much better than the other vid someone brought up few pages ago where a youtuber was running casually a double corrupted chest.
Last edited by Viktranka on May 12, 2020, 3:36:53 PM
"
rlauren2 wrote:

Yeah, what's even more annoying is that even though the support gems do affect aspects, Enlighten support in your boots won't lower the aspect cost. Enlighten specifically states it cannot support skills that don't come from gems.

For the last three points, lots of choices:
- route growth and decay back through the damage nodes
- grab trickery again
- survivalist
- the extra 2 life nodes behind revenge of the hunted
- blood drinker
- the 3 life/es nodes by melding

Also, a side note about small cluster jewels. Yours right now are really good. I searched for Fettle, +8 hp, +4 all res and didn't find any under 5 ex. In total, you're getting:
- 34% life
- 60 hp
- 84% total resist (20 res all, 24 chaos)
- some regen from surging vitality

But, by comparison, if you dropped those jewels, you'd have 6 points to spend and 2 open jewel sockets. You could spend those 6 points to get the life nodes behind revenge of the hunted and the 3 life nodes at blood drinker, and get two regular jewels with life and two double-resist mods to make:
- 42% life
- 88 total resist (assuming double 11 rolls on each jewel)
- some trivial evasion
- depending on budget, perhaps a damage mod as the 4th affix on the jewels like attack speed with bows

To be clear, I'm not saying you should change anything. These lists are very close to a tie (I'd say yours is better), so no need to switch it up if you've got everything all balanced. I'm just trying to illustrate to others that even GG small cluster jewels can almost be matched by saving the skill points and having an open jewel socket.

Ye well, i bought the Fettle cluster for 20 ex for my previous character >_>
Managed to self-craft the Surging Vitality one after about 1.2k Alterations in. Was pretty lucky to slam an Exalt on it and get the resist that I need as well.

I might drop Fettle and see, because Surging Vitality has so much value for boss fights, and because of our lack of ability to gain flask charges in boss fights, that value is amplified.

Thanks for the input! I guess the next major upgrade is getting +1 arrow on my quiver, since according to PoB, I get one more overlapping pod and it increases my DoT by like 7 mil.
It's been a long time since I've tried a bow build due to how badly my last foray went. How Rippy do you feel like this build is? Regardless great guide and will probably try it out.
"
Seefourdc wrote:
It's been a long time since I've tried a bow build due to how badly my last foray went. How Rippy do you feel like this build is?
If by "last foray" you mean "typical tornado shot deadeye build that has 4k hp, no defenses and doesn't start to pop off damage wise before 30ex+" then this one is much better.

It's not facetank build like herald stacker / jugg / necro / maxblock builds, but having synergy with evasion / dodge / ghost shrouds / partial es / life & es on kill should keep you up while mapping if the damage is sufficient for the content you're attempting so you aren't getting overrun.

It's probably at similar level of typical ED trickster without the ED regen but with higher damage at equal gear / investment breakpoints.

Since the build relies on attacking fast and the pods stay on the ground for a few seconds, it's more suited to "hit and run" playstyle, it's not build to for example stand still and outleech the damage unlike many attack builds.

I don't know if that appeals to you or not, but from what I heard "hit and run" builds fare better in delirium than "I have to stand still to get my attack / spell off".
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Seefourdc wrote:
It's been a long time since I've tried a bow build due to how badly my last foray went. How Rippy do you feel like this build is?
If by "last foray" you mean "typical tornado shot deadeye build that has 4k hp, no defenses and doesn't start to pop off damage wise before 30ex+" then this one is much better.

It's not facetank build like herald stacker / jugg / necro / maxblock builds, but having synergy with evasion / dodge / ghost shrouds / partial es / life & es on kill should keep you up while mapping if the damage is sufficient for the content you're attempting so you aren't getting overrun.

It's probably at similar level of typical ED trickster without the ED regen but with higher damage at equal gear / investment breakpoints.

Since the build relies on attacking fast and the pods stay on the ground for a few seconds, it's more suited to "hit and run" playstyle, it's not build to for example stand still and outleech the damage unlike many attack builds.

I don't know if that appeals to you or not, but from what I heard "hit and run" builds fare better in delirium than "I have to stand still to get my attack / spell off".

Thanks for the reply. I am currently playing a necro zombie build and it can die a lot depending on map mods. There are a lot of mod combos that present a lot of danger. One of the main reasons I was looking at other builds is due to delirium favoring the ability to basically kill the screen and move on quickly. My build is very strong at bossing but from where I'm at it's huge currency investment for upgrades now and I kind of want to just spend that on doing something else fun that also really crushes this league.

The last bow build i tried was a death's opus based build in I believe harbinger a very long time ago with a barrage/whatever map clear setup. It definitely played a lot like you described though where you could easily just die. I switched to a wanding build and had one of the best seasons I've ever had getting all the goodies such as HH and all that.

I really want to get into a bow build and yours makes it look like a lot of fun!
Been having a lot of fun with this build. I could easily do a t16 at lvl 74 due to having invested a bit in it. But I also did a lot of my own crafting. I crafted my bow and all cluster jewels except 1. Still lacking the last big one, since I had a really bad streak on crafting it.
Kinda wish I had held out for 30%.
"
Pooty_ wrote:
Kinda wish I had held out for 30%.

That's still a pretty sweet hat. Even with 30% quality and the max 45 ES craft roll, it would just go from 215 to 219. If you were selling, it might make a difference since folks overpay for "perfect" rolls, but you're never going to notice the difference if you use it.

Shock and reduced attributes are nice luxuries too. You can wear the helm with just the base int from the tree and none on gear.
ya, again my version is a bit different, but the damage is bonkers. i did a 100% t16 delirium minotaur map and it felt like any normal guardian map from any other league without cluster jewels. boss took like 6 seconds to down. maybe 10ish for kosis. just crazy damage capability. love it

i don't even have a helmet with -9% chaos res. that would be a massive boost to damage though.

really hope these jewels stay in the game, lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info