[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

"
_MrL_ wrote:
So, finally bought this thing. I need to color a bit, this wont be a problem. 24ex cost.

nice. ya the bows honestly are not that difficult to craft yourself, to be honest.

i crafted 3 bows this league for TR. 2 that i ended up selling for 8 ex each and the one i have now, which i invested the most into.

essentially just bought the base, then alt/aug until you get +2 socketed bow gems plus either atk spd or damage over time (damage over time is better to get at this stage). then you beast imprint and regal until you get atk spd. mine took i think 6 or 7 tries, and i hit t3 atk spd as well before settling with t2 atk spd.
then you can craft cannot roll attack mods, slam the guaranteed +1 socketed gems, then craft the final prefix for % chaos damage over time multiplier with a remaining suffix.

then you can slam on a warlords exalt for the last suffix. with the right ilvl you have a chance at getting +1 projectile, culling strike, % chance to maim, or % chance to gain phasing on kill. 2 of those are great, 1 is good, 1 isn't very good.

all 3 bows were crafted within 1000 alts
Last edited by xMustard on May 19, 2020, 6:14:48 PM
"
ZiiimZooon wrote:
"
I played 5 toons this league and rerolled many of them to different builds.
Toxic rain is truly amazing any my favourite one so far.
I'm not fully optimized on cluster jewels and only have 1 large-1 medium-1 small but the damage is so stupid and by far the best damage build i played.

1 question - i managed to get a white socket on my bow and according to POB if i use concentrated effect instead of mirage archer my DOT dps goes up from 340k to 640k, this is just nuts. so don't we use concentrated effect for bosses? seems like a sick upgrade to the build unless i'm missing something.

You don't want to use Conc Effect, it might increase your damage, but it will also reduce your area of effect, which means you will get a lower amount of overlapping pods.

This is the correct answer. The PoB and in game dps displayed is that of each individual pod. Mirage archer fires in addition to you at 40% of your attack speed and 70% of your damage. That means it acts as a "hidden" 28% more multiplier that isn't factored in to your tooltip. For concentrated effect, the area of effect reduction will cause fewer pods to hit every target. If you drop from 5 to 4 pods for instance, that 50% more drops to 20% more in terms of real total output.

Damage on full life and even perhaps woke increased AoE are both viable substitutes for Mirage Archer, but conc. effect will almost always be worse when all is factored in.
Thanks to all suggestions to replace Mirage Archer. Will probably league start this next league, I will see if I replace Mirage Archer or not after playing a little bit more :)

Too bad the game does not let you just disable certain sounds. It's like builds that spam offerings, that just drives me insane.
"
thomzon wrote:
Thanks to all suggestions to replace Mirage Archer. Will probably league start this next league, I will see if I replace Mirage Archer or not after playing a little bit more :)

Too bad the game does not let you just disable certain sounds. It's like builds that spam offerings, that just drives me insane.
Didn't know that mirage archer makes sounds. :o

However I know how it is when you have some spell effect you hate the sound of, mine is shield charge.

Worst was when one day my character started buzzing and it was driving me insane, took me few days to realize it was a glove enchant, had to rerun lab to overwrite it with something less intrusive, in the end I bought new gloves but not bothering enchanting them, half of them are extremely spammy graphic effects I rather not have on my screen.
ya i didn't know mirage archer made a sound either. i actually play with sounds off now for better performance, and so i can better hear my music/whatever im listening to.

(loot filter and dialog still active, obviously)

but one sound i can't stand is actually the purple flower effect of TR. i bought that shit immediately, but i cannot stand the sound it makes
Great guide! I've migrated my EDC trickster over to this and haven't looked back.

Quick question on crafting the bow; I'm making a second one from a thicket for more APS; is there an APS cap? I managed to roll T1 attack speed and +2 bow gems. I filled the suffixes and exalt slammed +1 all gems. I went to multi-mod, but didn't realize the +2 bow skills and +2 support gems shared the same pool and I cannot craft it.

I crafted CDOT prefix and wasn't sure what to use for the last enchant; I went with +22% attack speed while rare or unique item is near; should I keep this? Other option is to remove crafted mods, craft CDOT again, and do 1 exalt slam and a warlord slam for culling/additional projectile.

Thoughts?
"
AZNinferno88 wrote:
I crafted CDOT prefix and wasn't sure what to use for the last enchant; I went with +22% attack speed while rare or unique item is near; should I keep this?
Yes, it's fine. We used to craft this mod before multicraft got nerfed to only 2 crafts. This used to be the bow back before 3.9 nerfs made it it impossible to craft:

Attack speed when rare / unique is nearby is good if your mana sustain can take it, because not only it works on bosses but also situations like delirium / simulacrum where rares spawn all the time.

Keep in mind that warlord orb slam even though it has only 4 mods, the 2 undesirable ones have 3x the chance to appear than culling strike and extra projectile is even more rare according to poedb stat weights.

If you really want culling strike, you can get it as a suffix on warlord gloves, warlord also has "increased Damage over Time" prefix.

There are other options for culling strike like "Wish for Death" node on clusters (could fit it on a megalomaniac maybe), or just linking culling support to a secondary skill like blink arrow or flame dash (less elegant solution).

Extra projectile on bow with how rare it is, I'm not sure if it's worth chasing, you can get other sources of extra proj. like helm enchant, dying sun, mod on quiver if you want, it will increase your clear a bit by increasing area of impact per toxic rain cast, but afaik it also increases pod spread so you need more increased aoe to offset it.
"
If you really want culling strike, you can get it as a suffix on warlord gloves, warlord also has "increased Damage over Time" prefix.

I actually have a metacrafted set with culling strike and CDOT from my trickster on fingerless gloves, but I'm messing around with breathstealers right now with Master Fletcher annoint for more APS and those spores; great so far.

"
There are other options for culling strike like "Wish for Death" node on clusters (could fit it on a megalomaniac maybe), or just linking culling support to a secondary skill like blink arrow or flame dash (less elegant solution).

Extra projectile on bow with how rare it is, I'm not sure if it's worth chasing, you can get other sources of extra proj. like helm enchant, dying sun, mod on quiver if you want, it will increase your clear a bit by increasing area of impact per toxic rain cast, but afaik it also increases pod spread so you need more increased aoe to offset it.

Thanks for the input! Sounds like I should leave it then. I didnt like the clunkiness of the blink/culling. I have extra proj on my quiver along with CDOT and dying sun; still chasing the helm enchant. I'll look at the table again and see if another proj is even worth it; I should be at 8 projectiles with dying sun up.

I actually have a cluster jewel with wish for death; could play around with it, but i suspect its not worth losing the duration.
the reason why i mentioned warlord's exalt and its mod pool is because if you can hit a good regal you don't need to multimod - its a waste of a mod slot and cost a lot.
and you'll want your bow to have full mods, not missing a suffix. so you can either yolo exalt or you can warlord exalt, which you're guaranteed to get one of the 4 warlord mods. 3 of which are decent mods.
even if you hit the added proj and didn't think you could utilize it the best, to sell would be fucking crazy. like the bow i have right now, if i hit added proj it would be up for mirror service without a doubt

when you look at the mod pool for a final suffix, regular exalt just isn't good. with attack speed and damage over time multi filled, the best you can hope for is a resistance.

thats why i say warlords is way better. if you get maim, well thats some more slow. if you get phasing, well thats actually helpful especially with delirium. culling is great and eases up gear requirements elsewhere. added proj, same thing, and at that point is the best of the best and people pay premiums for it
Yeah but if his bow is what I think it is, I would keep it as it is and not recraft it. It doesn't have an open suffix, it has double attack speed and multimod suffix.

Your bow had 4 good mods so you crafted one and slammed one, his was a 3-mod so multimodding and leaving it be looks to me as the best course of action.

EDIT: Re-reading what you said maybe I didn't understand fully, did you mean you should always try to regal a desirable mod and avoid having to multimod no matter what?
Last edited by Viktranka on May 20, 2020, 9:31:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info