[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

Good buld. All content
Just have to say, what an excellent build.

Just completed my first deathless simulacrum and i couldn't be happier,

Tanky, fun playstyle, fast mapper and great bosser. All with a reasonable budget and with room for spending alot if you want.

Thanks alot!
great, easy, fun build!!!!!!

a couple of seemingly dumb questions for a newcomer to this build (been playing POE on and off since there were only 2 acts)

I've not used some of these game mechanics in previous builds.

does the number sacrificed mean anything to the build to make it any better, or because of were we are slotting it in the tree, the 'extras' that it might provide have no effect? the google machine isn't very clear about it

the cloak is level locked at 52 (at least the one I bought and am 6 linking currently), when I reach 52 and equip it, is that the time to also equip the Glorious Vanity?

When is it time to start slotting fevered minds? I just outleveled my starting gear, and I knew that when I died the first time at level 48 when stuff started hitting a lot harder, (which btw, this build is HUGE relief in that it doesn't cost 20+ ex to get started or actually level). Another couple of chaos, and I'm back leveling again.

On a different note, I am seriously considering this for the next league starter, but 2 things.

1 - it was gawd awful to level until about 24ish and 38 when we get chain.. then the build really took off. Was I doing something wrong mechanically, it just seemed like I couldn't speed up due to lack of dps. without a tabula, it would have probably been even slower

2 - for a league starter, it's very conceivable to outlevel gear and be stuck, until the rares start showing up (and the gems), or worse, be broke (like I always am). Has anyone used this as a starter? what was your experience?

again, awesome build, so easy to pick up and go!!

(although, shield charge kinda sucks)
Just wondering for those that are doing simulacrums 20/20 what level of loot are you getting on stage 20, are you able to get it to 6?
I think I took this build to my personal cap. I leveled to 96 and got my Unnatural Instinct. I just killed Sirus A8 and it was a total joke. He couldn't even hurt me and I almost instagibbed him from phase to phase.

I made some changes to the build. I wanted to reach 75/75 Block without Flask, so I'm using 1 LCJ with Mage Hunter / Conjured Wall + Tempest Shield. My Glorious Vanity changed Arcanists Dominion to Thaumaturgical Protection, which gives another 5% Spell Block. Finally Crafted Block on shield and I'm at 75/75(76) Block. So I got rid of Rumis and swapped in a Sorrow of the Divine.

I'm at 3.8k life, 3.6k ES and 6.4k Mana - feels extremely tanky. I could still make some adjustments here and there but at this point thats just minmaxing and there really is no reason for that. At level 97 I could swap 18% life (Purity of Flesh Cluster + 1 6% node) for the jewel socket at scion start, but I probably won't level up anymore.

I will do all content that is left and after that I'm probably done with this league.

I can set up my PoB and share it here, if anybody is interested in that.

Great build, lots of fun. Actually I would say that this is the strongest build I have ever played in PoE, thank you hitmantb for writing this guide.

Last edited by Influx on May 5, 2020, 5:52:40 PM
Why do you not use Wave on Conviction in the Trigger-Setup instead of Clarity?
Or why not do it into the CWDT-Setup instead Arcane Cloak? Just that you can do phys reflect maps with phys to lightning linked or is there any other reason?

And a tip, because i saw it in your video:
You can assign Brand Recall to your left mouse click (moving) than is autocasted everytime you are moving.
Last edited by Kewrdy on May 5, 2020, 11:24:04 AM
A question about the watcher's eye jewel: if i have to choose, is better with "#% of damage taken from mana before life" or "#% increased mana recovery rate"?
Deathless AW8 Sirius:

https://youtu.be/LRHTSaHxMbY

Easy build with one button gameplay, I don't even bother to use flasks most of the time.

The budget still under 10ex, I had a Headhunter but didn't like it, being chaos resi capped is much better for my lazy playstyle. You also don't need any crap like 50ex Watchers eye (just grab more Will shaper jewels and drop a few fevered minds if you struggle with survival)

Few tips for the Sirius fight:
-Always hide near the cart as I did during phase switch (extremely easy, no storm dodging)
-If you die, don't release till all your brands disappear, they keep doing dmg even after you die
-Try not to get hit by the rotating beams as they slow you, you can facetank anything else with enough luck
-Only downside of the build is having no life regen so either take life flask or stone golem with you during the fight as there is not so much blocking at some stages and you need to get your HP up
-Hold down brand recall and run around, doesn't matter where your brands will attach anyways
-Corrupted blood gem is a must
Last edited by adamec213 on May 5, 2020, 3:46:24 PM
"
Alaster22 wrote:
A question about the watcher's eye jewel: if i have to choose, is better with "#% of damage taken from mana before life" or "#% increased mana recovery rate"?

Mana before life adds huge amount of EHP, it is almost as good as energy shield mod.
I got a question, in PoB theres 90 dex on stats, while youre using gemswith like 115 dex required? How am i suppose to understand that?Sacrifice some suffix to get dex?Same with f.e. shield charge, maxed SC needs 145 str while theres only 122 on the build.
Last edited by Gibdzioch on May 6, 2020, 7:45:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info