[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

"
Currently running 7 fevered minds aswell, this however makes chain unavailible since it has a too high mana multiplier,

Anyone got a solution to this or am i destined to run controlled destruction full time?

I had the same problem so changed to running: controlled destruction, elemental focus, concentrated effect, sb and archmage, swapping between chain or lightning pen for clear or bossing.

This works because lightning pen and chain have a 150% mana multiplier whereas CD/EF/CE each have lower. (i.e. using two 150% gems at once is too much)

Having a ton of fun. Have 11ex. What should I focus on for improvement?

Tree
"
"
Currently running 7 fevered minds aswell, this however makes chain unavailible since it has a too high mana multiplier,

Anyone got a solution to this or am i destined to run controlled destruction full time?

I had the same problem so changed to running: controlled destruction, elemental focus, concentrated effect, sb and archmage, swapping between chain or lightning pen for clear or bossing.

This works because lightning pen and chain have a 150% mana multiplier whereas CD/EF/CE each have lower. (i.e. using two 150% gems at once is too much)

Thanks, this makes sense and works out perfectly!
I started out with a hierophant storm brand and switched to this max block scion build. Both builds are able to clear all content except for uber atziri but this one feels much safer and smoother. My question is that when I look at POB my Hiero build has estimated dps of 3-4m but this one only around .6-.7m. In real play though it feels that the two builds have about the same level of power, would even say the max block build feels more powerful. Could someone take a look at my scion build and give me some pointers why dps seems low and what I could do to improve? Thanks in advance!

POB link: https://pastebin.com/hjLsFWnB
Last edited by marage2014 on May 8, 2020, 10:37:31 AM
"
I started out with a hierophant storm brand and switched to this max block scion build. Both builds are able to clear all content except for uber atziri but this one feels much safer and smoother. My question is that when I look at POB my Hiero build has estimated dps of 3-4m but this one only around .6-.7m. In real play though it feels that the two builds have about the same level of power, would even say the max block build feels more powerful. Could someone take a look at my scion build and give me some pointers why dps seems low and what I could do to improve? Thanks in advance!

POB link: https://pastebin.com/hjLsFWnB

- Only 5 Fevered Mind, most use 6 or even 7 FM
- You did not allocate the LCJ socket on the top right, missing one medium cluster jewel with Grand Design and Brand Loyalty (or other setup for example, grand design + seeker runes, holy conquest + brand loyalty)
- you not using Glorious Vanity in the socket below MoM
- Use Unnatural instinct, if you can afford, or inuitive leap as a low budget in socket below pain attunement you win some passive points there
- you waste passive points on faith and steel, insight fuelness, you don't need Dex, activate jewel socket below mind drinker and socket a FM
- Empower on Brand Recall
Last edited by DreimitKraut on May 8, 2020, 10:57:34 AM
LOVE this build. Id say the Strongest I have played since Fire Trap could melt full maps in one toss :).

Question though. I'm a crafting NOOB, Id like to craft a shield for this build, other then Shaper Base, what would you do to craft on it? Like what fossils, or Choas spam or?
Thank you so much for this fantastic build!
I've played tons of builds and this one is the best so far.

I never used Chain and i am using Energy leech instead, since you are leeching all the time and the ES is at max most of the time its the best support gem beside Archmage.

With 6 Brands and a huge attachment range mobs die left and right. I cant say i miss Chain or does it make such a big difference?

@marage2014
I checked your build, just disable Vaal Clarity. Without mana cost, Archmage cannot work and therefore damage is so low.
Try to get more life or at least maximise chaos resist. Any hard hitting chaos mob will kill you atm.
Even more important is that you miss life and ES leech. You need both in combination with the Glorious Vanity jewel to split your incoming damage between life, ES and mana.
Life leech you get from Doryani's Lesson on a large cluster jewel.

Last edited by Xirce on May 8, 2020, 3:50:41 PM
"
Xirce wrote:
Thank you so much for this fantastic build!
I've played tons of builds and this one is the best so far.

I never used Chain and i am using Energy leech instead, since you are leeching all the time and the ES is at max most of the time its the best support gem beside Archmage.

With 6 Brands and a huge attachment range mobs die left and right. I cant say i miss Chain or does it make such a big difference?

@marage2014
I checked your build, just disable Vaal Clarity. Without mana cost, Archmage cannot work and therefore damage is so low.
Try to get more life or at least maximise chaos resist. Any hard hitting chaos mob will kill you atm.
Even more important is that you miss life and ES leech. You need both in combination with the Glorious Vanity jewel to split your incoming damage between life, ES and mana.
Life leech you get from Doryani's Lesson on a large cluster jewel.

Chain turns your clearing speed from half a screen to full screen, sometimes beyond full screen if monster is closely packed. It is incredibly noticeable doing Legion content. Highly recommend it.

Good point on energy shield leech, maybe I will use it over controlled destruction for Sirus.
Last edited by hitmantb on May 8, 2020, 4:48:47 PM
How are you guys getting the correct Large cluster jewel with doryani's lesson, scintillating idea, and another passive? How do you know what order they are going to show up as on the tree? I can't find any information on this.
"
Razabo wrote:
How are you guys getting the correct Large cluster jewel with doryani's lesson, scintillating idea, and another passive? How do you know what order they are going to show up as on the tree? I can't find any information on this.

I have no idea if it's accurate or not, but in poe.trade I suspect the first two passives listed are closest to the start. I was unable to confirm this either, maybe I just got lucky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info