Development Manifesto: Delirium Improvements

"
Good changes, but personally one of the more prominent issues to me is the short length of the fog in general, as well as how on some maps its more or less broken. Try Running Laboratory for instance and getting to the boss which is is the center of the map; you cant. Though this is likely one of the more extreme examples, there are plenty of maps where the fog dissipates from a direction that doesn't make any sense, sometimes forcing you to run away from the boss location in order to keep up. I think the rolling fog was a nice idea thematically and everything, but in reality its really clunky and would work a lot better if you just decided when to turn it off.

That's what I don't get. Why does the fog travel and why do we have to chase it? This concept only works when a map layout is linear and/or the map boss is in a known location. Plus, while the fog effect tries to indicate which direction it's traveling, the fog is not always successful at conveying the message. In addition, then there are challenges, like complete an Abyss while under delirium, etc. These tasks takes time. Make you stop. Make you go in direction the fog isn't traveling. And thus by doing these things, pretty much fubars your run to the boss. Because while doing these, the fog moves on.

To me, when you activate the delirium, why isn't the effect just ON for the entire map. There can still be a timer for the effect, but at least you won't lose the effect because you had to travel in direction the fog wasn't going.
"
We felt this was appropriate for release because the other rewards that the league grants (such as Cluster Jewels, Delirium Orbs, Splinters and the extremely high quantity/rarity bonuses) do all encourage you to kill as many monsters as possible, which promised clearing as deep as you can.

"

We totally understand the feedback that Delirium makes you want to go fast and not pick up items, requiring you to then backtrack to grab anything decent that dropped.

"
There have been requests to accumulate all items that would drop and instead drop them at the end of the encounter. This is not how we want the game to be played.

Yeah, you totally understod... How about you make up your minds already. You already turned this game into a racer simulator. You cant have it both ways. WAKE THE FK UP!

"
For those interested in why we use On-Death effects in content like this, it's because they are a viable way of making monsters that are killed instantly have an effect on players, and they aren't trivialised by clear-speed

So, as far as i understand you are punishing players for your inability to balance the game and reduce the insane power creep. Elaborate design. This game is going downhill faster than expected.
Last edited by Motopsycho on Mar 17, 2020, 11:09:16 AM
"
LegionLoverx wrote:
"
dontmashme123 wrote:
Not anywhere near enough.

- Timer should be infinite until you kill map Boss
- Reward should be given at the end of the Delirium (once you kill the boss)

its just so bad that you have to backtrack the whole map

Want to loot because a Delirium monster dropped a Simulacrum Splinter?-> u'll die because of the cast-on-death effect and the mist is gone. Whoops xD

What a joke of a League.

No timer would be nice, but then the Delirium Orbs would serve no purpose (at least I think that's what the Delirium Orbs do... have a couple, I think... have to read what they do).

"
Dont give up GGG, dont listem to them.
Dont add Vacumming. Its normal for a hack&slash game to pick up loot, ppl want this game to be RLY EASY. Its not all aboout 15 sec map clear come on guys. LAter on you quit league after 1 month bcs you do everything. Its so stupid :)
And for ppl who want everything easy: they want to clear whole game with 15c budget =.= Farm>buy/craft better gear> improve>clear game. If you re not experienced in game, you need time. Dont destroy game for other ppl because you want everything easy.
Hc players may got problems but SC players? Come on =.=

Sorry for gramma.

Hum. Another post ignoring logic.

yeha some people are lazy and want everything easy in life. I dont think those people play PoE. Ill take myself as an example, but a lot of others aswell have argued that this has nothing to do with being easy or skill, it has everything to do with GGGs reponse being poor. Most people enjoy the added challenge of the league, but backtracking for currency FEELS bad. And guess what? there is no challenge backtracking for drops with all the mobs dead is there? Would you want to backtrack through Delve to pick up your gear? Would that be more challenging? Its the exact same thing here. What i pick up is important, where I pick it up isnt.
Dismissing all feedback as being poeple who want the game to be easier is arrogant as fuck.
Please, fix the Dual Wielding bug. We need weapon swap all time when we change instances.

Regards.
Unless you take actual steps to improve visual clarity, remove on death effects (no on likes them and they certainly don't punish the fast moving builds), remove flask spam, and do something about the vast quantity of trash items that drop, i'm done supporting this company. I have been more than supportive over the course of my time playing this game. I have spent the past few leagues supporting mainly because of good faith despite not really playing because of the above complaints. It's time you guys deal with these problems.
Last edited by DomzyPrivs on Mar 17, 2020, 10:47:13 AM
First of all Thanks and keep up the good work!

My experience with his league so far is good except the reward. I don't feel the reward are inline with the difficulty even if i kill map boss inside the mist or interact with past league mechanic. Adding more and more stack of reward like domain of timeless conflict would be nice.
Please just fix dual wield already, asap ty.
Sorry we mad, PoE still great
Latency server br 190 , my old latency 6 , fix the servers please ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info