Development Manifesto: Delirium Improvements

"
While it's tempting to take every opportunity to vacuum up all the items that drop and present them to you in one go, that is not how the core game loop of Action RPGs should function.

Please update your game with modern game design philosophy ! It's up to you to innovate with the ARPG, as one of the biggest ARPG around
Last edited by Jack_Whitehand on Mar 17, 2020, 6:42:43 AM
ggg, please stop the gaslighting. you either did not playtest this or management refused to change their "vision" to accommodate for critisism. i suspect the latter because this "manifesto" is very much in line with that scenario. i've seen it often enough that lowly peons at work get ignored because the grand galaxy brains up top dgaf and when the project goes live it's surprised_pikachu.jpg time.

if you had taken an average league starter and made it lvl80 or so you would have seen all these problems and more.

delve was the last league i seriously played and that i considered good from the start. i played blight to 40 challenges too, but mostly because cassia is so goofy and i liked it.

i admire your creativity to come up with interesting mechanics, but for once i would like a league start that does not need a dozen patches to become playable and rewarding. if that's the idea to make the game "slower" then no thanks.
Last edited by dachoppa on Mar 17, 2020, 6:37:00 AM
thanks
"
For those interested in why we use On-Death effects in content like this, it's because they are a viable way of making monsters that are killed instantly have an effect on players, and they aren't trivialised by clear-speed. Few to no other mods we can put on these monsters make any difference normally because they are eradicated by powerful builds in seconds. We're going to be toning these down, either way.

"
During our internal testing before release, we increased the length of time that Delirium encounters last so that players have extra time to pick up items as they go. Item filters help alert you to which items are important to grab, and we did intentionally compensate with extra time for you to do so.

These two quotes highlights an issue with your way of thinking here. The on death effects combined with the casters that do an AOE orb cast and the godess style untargetable "bosses" there's really no way to stop and pick up items. It literally means insta death in most cases. Mostly one-shots without the player having any idea what killed him due to a massive clusterfuck of mobs and effects.

So unless you add time compensation for both picking up items and clearing the area around said item first it's just not a reasonable expectation that the player should be able to loot while doing the league content.

Also while I'm posting on the subject. Bosses with immune phases and/or long add phases are dead maps for this content in it's current form, Basilica is an example of this. Similar problem with fighting a boss and losing the delirium 1 second before kill. This just feels bad for no real reason. Tagging the boss in delirium should be enough to get the reward unless you die to the boss.

Edit: I'll add my solution to the problem as well I guess.

Remove the timed aspect of it, simple as that imo. Let the difficulty scale how fast and how rewarding we can make it and if it's too rough we can use the button to end the delirium and move on. This way you can choose to loot or not, kill the boss with delirium or not, all depending on your builds power.

Maps rolled with delirium orbs hasn't felt bad so far to me and that's basically how I'm suggesting it to be.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Last edited by Redblade on Mar 17, 2020, 7:57:46 AM
A Real solution to the timing problem is to let it go as long as we want or until we hit the stop button, in other words until we yell UNCLE!

Can we please have this????
But Fog of war bug not fixed..
First of all ;

Thanks GGG for trying to fix the issues that you find OK to be fixed.

For second ;

But the truth is that even if you fix it YOUR way, it doesn't change the fact that you need as much as you possibly can to listen to your community, that's what made you shine in the first place.

There's many bugs that needed further testing and also, many mechanics that needed way more thoughts and opinions.

Don't get me wrong tho, the league is very fun and challenging, but it clearly lacks something. I hope you all figure something out and find a way to make everyone happy.
Last edited by GriswoldsGames on Mar 17, 2020, 7:05:39 AM
ALREADY PPL QUITTING IN DROVES
You should be ashamed of releasing a league such as this, really
[img]https://imgur.com/a/GRkTKl6[/img]
the usual first week of disastrous balance of the game, nothing new.
It's always the same story, Mob with + XX damage and + XX resistance / life that always seems to slam into an impassable wall,
characters always deprived of defense / life / ES mechanics or reduced by nerf often meaningless (unless you have 50ex in your pocket)
We are the usual, the game should have more test time but you insist on keeping the 3-month release times, it is all too evident that in this way the product is EXTREMELY BAD.
Result?
I have been following this game for almost 6 years, but the level of amusement falls more and more, more and more difficult to understand and have fun

I will not support your choices made with a bad job that repeats itself on time, now I will financially help the hospitals in my country that are in extreme need.

I was hoping to get a little distracted here, at this moment so difficult for everyone, it was a profound disappointment.
Sorry GGG, but this post clearly shows it was not play tested again at all.

Delirium Monster Damage: Only 30% more damage? I can do quite fine T15-T16 now, but still get rekt on a T1-T5 delirium event. And it is not only their damage, but their defences. It was so cool to give up on my first T1 orb-ed map as I could not damage at all the mobs after a time as I progressed.

Rewards Bar: This is another pure oversight. Who would even think it is going to be fine the rewards to be linear, when the difficulty is exponential?

Paralysing/Wasting/Eroding/Diluting Touch Debuffs: Another clear sign, noone play tested the mechanism beforehand, those debuffs are a pure joke as they stack now.

Monster On-Death Effects: Yeah, put everything in the grey could, and make 90% of the damage as ground effects / on deatch explosions. What a great idea. Not to mention, infuenced maps with deliruim are a pure joke, no surprise, noone tested them beforehand at all. Like Baran with the mana runes with delirium? Sure, visibility at its finest.

Delirium Alongside Previous Content: And here we go, the biggest failure of this timed event, by far. Expect the played to rush the clock, again, but stop to do the lagacy content. What a huge oversight.

Delirium Item Drop Vacuuming: And the cherry on the top, rush the timer and parallely loot on the way in the middle of constant barely visible ground effects and explosions. This is the main reason I stopped engaging this mechamism completely, the first league mechanism which made me to skip alltogether on day 3.

Depth Meter: I wonder, how this whole breach / delve copy-paste merge was even released without a meter indicator, but yeah, the first play test would clearly show its need as well.

Performance: The delirium itself is quite okay, but combined with any legacy content or especially with a conqueror influence, performance is a pure joke, again.

Visibility: See above, it is non-existent at all, metamorph at least was just an invisible boss, now we have the whole area / map became invisible.

Make the End Delirium Button Bindable: Another clear oversight, as I died 90% of the time even when it was becoming too hard and I tried to click that small button while tried to manually dodge all the explosion groun effect and stuffs like that.

And based on the answers, the core issues are going to remain, especially looting, so I do not see any reason to engage with it anymore again.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info