Development Manifesto: Delirium Improvements

"
We have only done it in the past when it would have been impossible to access the items afterwards (... in the darkness during a Delve)

Nonsense! Items in side-areas have never been vacuumed, and you could backtrack through your light-lane to loot (luckily you don't need).

Another thing you forget is the fact that we need to stop to loot. Which is way too dangerous while in the Mist.
In multiplayer groups, all the loot drops on one person (seemingly at random).

If you are spread out, it's all allocated to that player as well.

This sucks. Anything that disincentives group play makes the game less fun for people that want to play with friends.
you once again made this league a zoomer league kicking so many builds out of the list

bad job ggg
Corpse skills have been this bad for many leagues now. Sad that it takes a pissy streamer to get it looked into.

-D
I returned to playing Path of Exile only a few weeks ago after half a year away due to work keeping me too busy and was pleasantly surprised by the changes.

The
"
"Metamorph"
system was very enjoyable and the loss of it with the new update was very disappointing as I honestly can't say I can work out which direction to run in time with the
"
"Delirium"
system to make it past three rewards.

Due to work I've always been more of a casual player and prefer to spend my money on little things in the game that look good. The
"
"Hideouts"
are my favorite feature and honestly I don't feel it gets enough attention.

If tents could give you buffs I would happily sleep in every tent I could place. With that said for me the action is thrilling and gameplay can be down right brutal at times which I enjoy.

The only time games are not fun is when they feel like an endless grind which has rarely been the case for me with Path of Exile. Delirium however is a bit grindy and has thus far not proven to be anywhere near as rewarding for me as Metamorph.

However that's just the humble opinion of a casual gamer who can't afford the time to get in to anything that's too hardcore I understand there would be many players who love this feature and extra challenges are always welcome it just isn't something that is paying off for me at the moment.

It definitely feels like
"
"Endgame"
content which I'm sure I will make use of when I get there but for now I still miss Metamorph.

Beyond that I have to say I love that the game is still getting such good quality updates. I just prefer new things not remove old things. Modifying things makes sense to me but removing an entire feature for another seems a bit wasteful.

P.S. Please the
"
3 of a kind Vendor Recipe
never seems worth it when gathering Orb of Alchemy is so much easier with other methods than somehow finding a rare identified with the exact same name. Maybe if it was unidentified or just the primary name but requiring the whole name to be the same just makes hanging on to rares to find a matching set a waste of space.
The problem here is not "too much damage" or "too heavy on-death effects". The problem is high difference between top-tier zoom-zoom clear meta players and slow'n'steady HC guys. When first ones just run through map in no time instantly killing everything, ignoring any monster damage or any effects, and second ones need to stay aside and wait for all the shitstorm to calm. It's really hard to balance game so both will get pleasant and rewarding gameplay. So GGG tries to punish speed meta by increasing monster toughness and adding some one-shot possibilities, but same applies to the entire game.
So now it's "go fast to get loot", and it's pretty controversial. Not everyone wants to go fast.
Personally for me Delirium lacks consistency. I can get comfortable risk/reward level, but I can't keep it. Going further - getting hard times. Not getting further - loosing reward level. Is there any way to get this exact risk/reward level for longer?
IMO in terms of logic, delirium must be character-wise stat that affects r/r level globally, player can increase or reduce it slowly. On higher levels of delirium weird stuff begins to happen, madness overwhelm character and delirium carries out of maps, strange things beginning to happen in hideouts/towns, resulting in Simulacrum encounter. Is this concept playable? Idk.
But in this state delirium is one of the worst league mechanics that force me to do things I'm not want. More action, less RPG.
I too felt like the mist mobs are doing quite a bit of damage. And this seems to be particularly affecting builds that have to stop moving in order to attack. If you encounter a shrine in the mist, you're pretty much done with. The little spiky balls that explode on death are dealing huge amounts of damage. Even if they are telegraphed sometimes you can't really see it happening.

In the same time i do hate the fact that you have to backtrack every time to pick up stuff as if you stop moving even for a second you're HP will just melt away. The cast on-death effects are there only to stop us from looting, really. For a fast-paced build it's still easy to kill and avoid them.

For debuffs, they last too long, i agree. 20 seconds i believe? Or around that. 20 seconds of increased damage taken is...too much.

Looking forward the next couple patches. Aside from the fact that dual wielding is broken and i am a dual wielder, this is a fantastic league.
Last edited by RaidEE on Mar 17, 2020, 6:16:31 AM
"
RaidEE wrote:
Aside from the fact that dual wielding is broken and i am a dual wielder, this is a fantastic league.

Unequipp your weapons then equip them when entering in a zone, as a dual wielder I do it and it works. It's a pain in the ass but at least you don't get your DPS halved :D
Last edited by Dedisdead on Mar 17, 2020, 6:21:49 AM
i am not a rly casual player but the damage is kind of crazy i mean i play a kaoms heart build with 6k hp+ cwdt steelskin and i go randomly one shotted in a blue t3 map with no dangerouse map mods . i dont mind if the game gets more difficult but thats way to crazy in my opinion . if you dont want to die all the time you cant rly play the mecanic . its rly hard to stay alive i dont want to imagine how it is for new / not so expirenced players -> i am rly close to tilt because i play a ball lightning miner and the dmg is relay retardet and i am still getting killed all the time on like t10maps (i oneshot almost every boss tho)
"
Delirium Item Drop Vacuuming
[...] There have been requests to accumulate all items that would drop and instead drop them at the end of the encounter. This is not how we want the game to be played. We have only done it in the past when it would have been impossible to access the items afterwards (if they're in an Incursion area, or in the darkness during a Delve). [...]

This is straight up not true as you made blight mobs explode loot at the pump at the end. How is that any different?

Isn't there any way you could implement some kind of "vendor recipe like" loot calculation mechanic for vacuum explosion that would basicaly make it so if you drop 3 items of the same kind you drop one instead but magic. Furthermore if you drop 3 magic it turns into 1 rare. Wouldn't that decrease the loot clutter/lag significantly?
Every map we leave thousands of loot pieces behind anyways. What is the point of it dropping? We realy need a way to aggregate the loot so it drops less but better items.

With all the afterdeath effects it is a lot less rippy to just clearspeed forward and then pick up when map is clear. Whenever I stop and try to pickup anything during the encounter I get bombarded to oblivion.
Adding more time to pick up stuff will only help to clear full map and boss without picking up loot even better. This won't change a thing. People will still backtrack cause they will feel like they are losing on them rewards if they pick up on the way anyway.

Also I was under the impression that you confirmed at Baeclast that once you enter boss arena you wont lose the fog and can safely finish boss with the fog rewards. This is not the case. Especially with the retarded 3 phase bosses that take forever to kill even tho we are oneshoting every phase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info