[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - Very tanky, fast and fun wander

"
Prefixet wrote:
I have done sirus (A6 haven´t gotten to A8 yet) and elder/shaper guardians and elder etc.

I think I will try swapping the dmg on full life for awakened fire pen (only 30 chaos), also dropping blood rage might be good like Asura suggested because of all the extra EHP you get, you still don´t want to use it on bigger bosses where you would need it the most anyway.

I have just under 5k life, 2.6k unreserved mana and 1200 ES.
Still using alira and could make some changes to my tree, not sure exactly what route I will go. Next obv upgrade is to a stygian.

Question: Anyone high level not that has upgraded from piscators yet?
If so please post your wand and how much of an upgrade it is from pisca.

I'm using this, bought for 30c then craft fire pen. It's 5% more dmg than Piscators in pob.

"
Cøpe wrote:
"
Asura2468 wrote:

i ran some trys in pob... you need a really good ones (120% spelldamage crit aspeed) to be worth... though if you get 2 of those and dual wield them it should be a crazy dps... would only use that for bosses though

Not entirely true actually.

I'll buy or craft a wand today and post it here; its a little obscure but our upgrade wand isn't actually all that crazy, will let you know once I find one.

Our big issue is with accuracy though; this build even with max precision really is hungry for accuracy.

So i fooled around a bit and crafted this, its not perfect but its a significant upgrade over piscator's.

We want good attack speed, flat fire damage, and Spell Damage and crit multiplier. Those are really the best, somehow i lucked out on the fire pen but this wand could use some improvement obviously. Just a heads up

It't not hard to find a better wand than Piscators.
About accurating, you can go down from acrobat and get life + accuratng, and maybe some from ring, like this one:

"
Farbod wrote:

I don't use elemental focus. I want ailments. Focus is a huge damage loss for this build. Taming is great for that reason.

Tamming is 100% incr eledmg (60% incr + 40% from shock + ignite).
With focus, we can't ignite = -20% incr ele dmg, it's not much though?
We can still ignite boss with our clear setup or wave of conviction.
"
Farbod wrote:

Chill and Freeze are not the same thing. Taming only provides increased damage with Freeze. I have tested this with PoB and elemental focus is def a damage loss in my setup.

I swapped your ring out with my Taming and its about a 120,000 total dps loss (1.76m to 1.64m) in PoB.

I don't think 100% incr ele dmg worth a ring slot, Pyre have more dmg and destroy corpe on kill (this help me alot with surviral). A ring with life, res and crit/attack spd/mana/accurating is more better.
BTW Cøpe mean Ele focus, not The taming.

"
N3m3sis21 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Thanks OP for the build idea and thanks Cøpe for actively updating the thread. Really helped playing around different trees and gear decisions.

Something I did not see mention here, what about +1 to Projectile Gems / Pierce an additionnal target on our Helmet / Hands for our clearing setup ?

Seems a nice upgrade, namely for clearing Delirium, but I am unsure about the Chain / Pierce interraction. Any thoughts on this ?

I'm using project weaknesses instead of flammability, pierce + knockback help alot with our 6link for boss , and clear is still good.

"
Farbod wrote:
"
Cøpe wrote:

I don't think you understand ...

PoB: https://pastebin.com/Erm0ENr

Thanks Cøpe. I reworked a lot of things. This was helpful.

Np man, I understand how appealing that freeze factor is and apologize if my wording was a little blunt.

You're completely right in wanting those ailments to get that extra elemental hit damage, it does make a huge difference. Skitterbots really help the build in that area so we just have to find a source of ignite (I chose Wave) and the damage starts to really skyrocket.

I grabbed a 21/23 Ele Hit gem today and now I'm looking at just a little under 6 million so this build does scale extremely well. I haven't even looked into improving quality on supports or explored the cluster jewels.

After doing sirus, conquerors, elder guardians, and cortex boss this build actually has really solid endgame capability, just a little on the squishier side but I think there are some workarounds. Currently looking into it.

Also I will be working on this item next, but a warlord influenced helm at 85 or higher ilvl with an ele hit enchant will be ideal for those not using crown.

I plan on grabbing or farming a warlord exalted orb and slamming another ele hit helm I have for the -9 Nearby Enemy Fire resist, which should be another nice addition.
Last edited by Cøpe on Mar 18, 2020, 10:13:17 PM
I'm now running t12-13 and got problem with bossing, especially boss affected by deli. Can you guys check and see what my problem is?
Spoiler

"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
I'm now running t12-13 and got problem with bossing, especially boss affected by deli. Can you guys check and see what my problem is?
Spoiler

Couple things:

Your shield needs more spell damage, finding a 90+% spell damage shield isn’t that costly and a big upgrade.

Drop combustion for energy leech, and imo run what I run which is spellslinger+wave of conviction+combustion.

This will give you your ignite and exposure without having to hard cast it.

Drop the mana and life flask and go with a hybrid (I’m using one now and it’s a nice balance for MoM), this will tree you up to use a sulphur flask for damage or a quartz flask for extra dodge.

Also if you can’t afford a flammability on hit ring you can link flammability to your cast when damage taken setup

Is it a damage issue or a defense issue you’re having?
Last edited by Cøpe on Mar 18, 2020, 11:06:15 PM
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
Spoiler

I don't think combustions stack. Just keep it on the WoC and replace the blue socket in your body armor with either Ele Focus or Energy Leech. Also trying to afford a Stygian vise with similar stats as your leather belt would be good as you can equip an abyssal jewel for more stats/utility.

Also from the looks of your gear (including having a wise oak) I think you're probably good on elemental resists. You could sacrifice something you're overcapped in so you can get more offensive stats.
Last edited by reciprocate on Mar 18, 2020, 11:11:08 PM
"
Cøpe wrote:

Couple things:

Your shield needs more spell damage, finding a 90+% spell damage shield isn’t that costly and a big upgrade.

Drop combustion for energy leech, and imo run what I run which is spellslinger+wave of conviction+combustion.

Drop the mana and life flask and go with a hybrid (I’m using one now and it’s a nice balance for MoM), this will tree you up to use a sulphur flask for damage or a quartz flask for extra dodge

I got problem when fighting boss, when got hit by boss, my life not recover fast enough to keeping the fight. Now i'm 4k5 life, 1k5 mana unreserved so life may not be problem.
I'm using cluster jew with Corrosive Elements, so can i drop Wave of conbustion? (lose 10% pen here), spell slinger + projective weakess for better curse than flamable ring ?
"
reciprocate wrote:

I don't think combustions stack. Just keep it on the WoC and replace the blue socket in your body armor with either Ele Focus or Energy Leech. Also trying to afford a Stygian vise with similar stats as your leather belt would be good as you can equip an abyssal jewel for more stats/utility.

Also from the looks of your gear (including having a wise oak) I think you're probably good on elemental resists. You could sacrifice something you're overcapped in so you can get more offensive stats.

Yes they don't. May be i'll drop this for ele focus.
I use combustion there cause i don't want to selfcast WoC.
I can't find a Stygain Vise with that much of life, mana and ele dmg. Maybe latter when i have more currency and stygan vise are more common,same as jewels.

Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Mar 18, 2020, 11:35:35 PM
Double post - How can i delete this?
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Mar 19, 2020, 12:36:03 AM
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
"
Cøpe wrote:

Couple things:

Drop the mana and life flask and go with a hybrid (I’m using one now and it’s a nice balance for MoM), this will tree you up to use a sulphur flask for damage or a quartz flask for extra dodge

I got problem when fighting boss, when got hit by boss, my life not recover fast enough to keeping the fight. Now i'm 4k5 life, 1k5 mana unreserved so life may not be problem.
I'm using cluster jew with Corrosive Elements, so can i drop Wave of conbustion? (lose 10% pen here), spell slinger + projective weakess for better curse than flamable ring ?
"
reciprocate wrote:

Yes they don't. May be i'll drop this for ele focus.
I use combustion there cause i don't want to selfcast WoC.
I can't find a Stygain Vise with that much of life, mana and ele dmg. Maybe latter when i have more currency and stygan vise are more common,same as jewels.

You might want to consider running acrobatics.

A few options are to drop double flasks for just one hybrid flask and add quartz/jade/granite or Rumi’s concoction as a defensive option.

Running acrobatics can help as well but you will lose some points but I prefer the extra defenses. Can also grab a kintsugi for armour which can help a lot defensively.

I personally run shroud which will proc shade armor (immune to physical damage for 3s) and don’t really run into any survivability issues.

If you really want to take it further you can craft minimum endurance charges as a suffix on your rings eventually (not a common craft yet).

If you don’t choose to go acrobatics I think investing into evasion and/or armour will help a bit for mitigation
Last edited by Cøpe on Mar 19, 2020, 1:26:43 AM
"
Cøpe wrote:
"
Farbod wrote:
"
Cøpe wrote:

I don't think you understand ...

PoB: https://pastebin.com/Erm0ENr

Thanks Cøpe. I reworked a lot of things. This was helpful.

Np man, I understand how appealing that freeze factor is and apologize if my wording was a little blunt.

You're completely right in wanting those ailments to get that extra elemental hit damage, it does make a huge difference. Skitterbots really help the build in that area so we just have to find a source of ignite (I chose Wave) and the damage starts to really skyrocket.

No worries. I appreciate the help.

I picked these up and it allowed me to make the swap:

Spoiler

Also swapped out hypothermia for ele focus.
Ok.

I went for soul tether and its waaaaay better for me !

I'm considering corrupted soul.

FYI, i'm only level 76 and playing very casually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info