[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - Very tanky, fast and fun wander

"
Cøpe wrote:

Focus is not a damage loss for this build. You are running skitterbots which apply shock and chill, and I run wave with combustion so I'm applying all 3 ailments and getting the damage buff from focus. Not sure what you're talking about tbh

Chill and Freeze are not the same thing. Taming only provides increased damage with Freeze. I have tested this with PoB and elemental focus is def a damage loss in my setup.

I swapped your ring out with my Taming and its about a 120,000 total dps loss (1.76m to 1.64m) in PoB.
Last edited by Farbod on Mar 18, 2020, 5:11:33 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks OP for the build idea and thanks Cøpe for actively updating the thread. Really helped playing around different trees and gear decisions.

Something I did not see mention here, what about +1 to Projectile Gems / Pierce an additionnal target on our Helmet / Hands for our clearing setup ?

Seems a nice upgrade, namely for clearing Delirium, but I am unsure about the Chain / Pierce interraction. Any thoughts on this ?
"
Farbod wrote:
"
Cøpe wrote:

Focus is not a damage loss for this build. You are running skitterbots which apply shock and chill, and I run wave with combustion so I'm applying all 3 ailments and getting the damage buff from focus. Not sure what you're talking about tbh

Chill and Freeze are not the same thing. Taming only provides increased damage with Freeze. I have tested this with PoB and elemental focus is def a damage loss in my setup.

I swapped your ring out with my Taming and its about a 120,000 total dps loss (1.76m to 1.64m) in PoB.

I don't think you understand the taming and freeze properly. You have to have flat cold damage on top of your freeze chance to have enough to freeze; and for guardians and shaper type simulations you are not going to freeze them. Not at all.

Elemental hit will only deal fire damage, so freeze is honestly completely pointless for this build.

You can click the checkbox in PoB but that doesn't actually apply to what you will see.

Taming is only useful for the elemental damage increase and resists in this build.

Also for earlier poster concerned about damage, I just got a bottled faith to drop in cortex, and now I'm sitting at 5 Mil Shaper ST Dps

PoB: https://pastebin.com/Erm0ENr
Last edited by Cøpe on Mar 18, 2020, 6:14:40 PM
"
N3m3sis21 wrote:
Hey everyone,

Thanks OP for the build idea and thanks Cøpe for actively updating the thread. Really helped playing around different trees and gear decisions.

Something I did not see mention here, what about +1 to Projectile Gems / Pierce an additionnal target on our Helmet / Hands for our clearing setup ?

Seems a nice upgrade, namely for clearing Delirium, but I am unsure about the Chain / Pierce interraction. Any thoughts on this ?

+1 to projectile gems could be good, however we basically want Accuracy/Life/AS/Resists on our gloves so squeezing that in would make things very expensive I'd imagine.

Ideal gloves would be something like Fingerless gloves with Warlord Spell Damage or culling strike with T1 Life/AS/Accuracy/Resists.

This is a pipedream but that's the goal.

We really dont' want pierce because it interferes with our chain. I think there are a couple options for gloves down the road like Shaper/Elder extra support mods but I haven't looked into yet.
Really enjoying this build so far, getting the xoph's blood helped increase my tooltip dps quite a bit.
Just wanted to show my progress here.
Spoiler

I'm also using these cluster jewels
Spoiler

Feed the fury + Adrenaline gives me a lot of attack speed while leeching, but I now realize that using all of these cluster jewels uses up 21 of my skill points.
Some stuff to mention.
The only way to make a fire(AOF/Xoph) EH actually freeze is to get the helm enchant from lab for EH to have a chance to freeze targets. Or global mods that give that such as certain cluster jewel notables. Get this to a high enough amount and can probably ditch skitterbots for the socket on Essence Worm and get Anger instead.

Soul Tether has been something that I haven't mentioned before but should've but didn't since a decent Stygian can provide a ton of useful stats (life, resists, ele damage with attacks, socket for abyssal jewel). But Soul Tether does keep both Damage on Full Life AND Energy Leech support gems active rather often for the DPS boost. I figure it's worth getting soul tether if one's resists and life values are high enough for the tradeoff.

Lastly, not sure if this was mentioned, but a somewhat starter flask especially for a fire version is a Wise Oak. Just have fire resist higher than the others and that's a free 10-15% ele pen and covers ele res/incoming elemental damage mitigation to an extent. It'd be much harder to balance for a tri-EH build obviously.
Last edited by reciprocate on Mar 18, 2020, 8:01:42 PM
"
reciprocate wrote:
Some stuff to mention.
The only way to make a fire(AOF/Xoph) EH actually freeze is to get the helm enchant from lab for EH to have a chance to freeze targets. Or global mods that give that such as certain cluster jewel notables. Get this to a high enough amount and can probably ditch skitterbots for the socket on Essence Worm and get Anger instead.

Soul Tether has been something that I haven't mentioned before but should've but didn't since a decent Stygian can provide a ton of useful stats (life, resists, ele damage with attacks, socket for abyssal jewel). But Soul Tether does keep both Damage on Full Life AND Energy Leech support gems active rather often for the DPS boost. I figure it's worth getting soul tether if one's resists and life values are high enough for the tradeoff.

Lastly, not sure if this was mentioned, but a somewhat starter flask especially for a fire version is a Wise Oak. Just have fire resist higher than the others and that's a free 10-15% ele pen and covers ele res/incoming elemental damage mitigation to an extent. It'd be much harder to balance for a tri-EH build obviously.

Couple things:

The helmet enchant will only apply assuming tri-elements, its not "Fire Ele hit will shock and chill" its just that when it switches to those elements you have increased chance to based on the respective element.

Soul Tether is solid in theory; however, you're losing a lot of defensives, elemental damage and onslaught/phasing/abyssal by dropping a stygian.

I use Energy Leech but dropped damage on full life and run Shroud for the lvl 20 elemental penetration support and its been great. I don't recommend damage on full life; however, energy leech is a great support gem. To counteract the energy shield depletion from blood rage I just don't use blood rage when doing Guardians/Conquerors/Bosses so I get the full benefit.

Yes Wise Oak is a great cheaper flask before you can get Dying Sun.

I've contemplated running anger once i have a lvl 4 enlighten but I don't think its worth losing MoM for or skitterbots.
"
N3m3sis21 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I'm using this on my gloves for now, the +1 is a big damage boost. The interaction with chain and pierce is not ideal, but it's not an issue. Also you get +1 pierce on your single target which is very nice.
"
Cøpe wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
Some stuff to mention.

Couple things:

The helmet enchant will only apply assuming tri-elements, its not "Fire Ele hit will shock and chill" its just that when it switches to those elements you have increased chance to based on the respective element.

Soul Tether is solid in theory; however, you're losing a lot of defensives, elemental damage and onslaught/phasing/abyssal by dropping a stygian.

I use Energy Leech but dropped damage on full life and run Shroud for the lvl 20 elemental penetration support and its been great. I don't recommend damage on full life; however, energy leech is a great support gem. To counteract the energy shield depletion from blood rage I just don't use blood rage when doing Guardians/Conquerors/Bosses so I get the full benefit.

Yes Wise Oak is a great cheaper flask before you can get Dying Sun.

I've contemplated running anger once i have a lvl 4 enlighten but I don't think its worth losing MoM for or skitterbots.

Has the thing with EH helm enchant been tested even with Avatar of Fire enabled? I am inclined to believe you are right though.

I'm not necessarily a fan of Energy Leech myself, but get why it's there. Personally I do think with Soul Tether equipped it'll always be actively leeching due to the ES degen ST constantly applies.
"
Cøpe wrote:

I don't think you understand ...

PoB: https://pastebin.com/Erm0ENr

Thanks Cøpe. I reworked a lot of things. This was helpful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info