Corona virus

Check the date.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
LennyLen wrote:
"
Handshakes: Bad
-- Aggressive
-- Sweaty
-- High chance of virus transmission
-- Sometimes require spitting into palms first

I spend 10 hours a day taking money from people. My hands are getting very dry from using sanitizer constantly.

Apart from that, I'm agreeing with Scrotie about the fear. Try not to be afraid. Fear is bad, as it makes us make poor choices. Not being afraid doesn't stop you from being able to take the situation seriously.

A fried of mine owns a bakery, and he had to yell at his younger staff because they were only using hand sanitiser once or twice an hour despite manning the register. I'm glad you're being conscientious about it.

And don't take this as aggression, but unless you're also at risk as I am, please don't tell me how to feel. Fear is keeping me sharp this time. It ensured I shopped big and shopped early. It's agreeing with the GF when she says we should both stay in for a while, not just me. It's got me keeping up with events in ways I normally wouldn't: instead of looking at this politically or socially, I'm looking at it medically, and...dude, that's why I'm still afraid.

Complacency is what makes me make bad choices. Taking shit for granted. It was taking shit for granted that saw me buy more PoE supporter packs than pretty much anyone, ever. And I don't even like the game anymore. A bad choice? Well, no. It hasn't ruined me. But hardly what you'd call a smart choice, especially now. Now I'm afraid what's going to happen money-wise, and I'm being very frugal indeed.

I'm afraid for my friends, so I'm doing my best to educate them too. They're afraid for me, so they're listening.

Fear is not the opposite of clear-mindedness. Terror is. Panic is. And although I'm personally terrified when I stop to think about it, nothing I've done has been out of terror or panic.

And I don't believe anything I've said here trips into the realm of untenable hyperbole either, which is in itself something of a rarity on the PoE forum. :)

But I will take what you said in the spirit of encouragement. I won't try not to be afraid, but I will ensure that fear doesn't evolve into something less useful! ^_^

__

So building on what I said earlier re The Olympics, 2 facts:

1. Japan's infection rate is still on the rise.

2: This is Harajuku, today, showing us all what social distancing DOESN'T look like:

source

And it'll stay like that until Abe tells the people otherwise.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 15, 2020, 10:27:56 AM
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-15/cancer-chemo-and-coronavirus-dont-be-flippant-with-covid19/12056582

I guess this makes me a four-percenter as well. I don't feel I'm quite as 'at risk' as this woman but how the hell would I know? All I've ever been told is, 'reduced immune system, the flu is going to hit you harder than some, oh and try to avoid raw food'. Well, gee, thanks.

So this is also part of my fear. There's a measure of uncertainty in being chronically immuno-suppressed, but most of the time it's nothing. I actually get sick less than the fiancee, but when I do get sick, yeah, it's rough. Any temperature above 38c is a hospital trip. Monitoring. Check for abscesses. IV antibiotics. Daily blood tests for infection markers. I can expect to be in there for close to a week. And that's when shit is normal.

Shit ain't normal right now.

__

Our largest supermarket chain, Woolworth's, is shutting down its Victoria home delivery service indefinitely due to overwhelming demand. I imagine NSW and the rest of the country isn't far behind. We made our first ever order today, coincidentally, and expect it to arrive in a week (it's usually overnight).

I feel like it has begun. But it seems like I feel like that every day at the moment. I take that as a good sign, to be honest. It means things can always get worse tomorrow.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Just stop buying all toilet paper you freaks.

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Put simply, if you recover from COVID19, the immunity you get from recovery is only going to be effective if the number of person-to-person "jumps" the virus takes before being reintroduced to you is limited below a certain number. Given enough infections, the virus will have enough time to mutate around your antibodies. This may be enough to completely overwhelm the "social distancing" strategy.

"Social distancing" isn't an adequate strategy. If you need examples of aggressive strategy look at those adopted by Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. They have low infection rates despite the high proximity to China and the human flow.
Last edited by awesome999 on Mar 15, 2020, 1:04:51 PM
Most of my customers are older folks. They are really scared. :( Some of them are attempting to purchase too much life insurance. While this might sound like a good way to make some money, I disagree. When this is over they will remember anyone that took advantage of them and their fear.
Censored.
For those still unsure about how covid-19 is spreading, this is an even better article/visual aid (apologies if this one has already been posted): https://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-HEALTH-SOUTHKOREA-CLUSTERS/0100B5G33SB/index.html
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Wonder if Britain are seriously considering infecting their whole populace in an attempt to develop an immunity. Boy, am I glad they are living on an island.
MY residence country:

Slovenia, 220 case/2 millions hab.
1 death

All transport are closed
Can t go to doctor without calling first and getting his approval
Only supermarket open
Only taxi/bicycle to move around if not owning cars
Delivery service from post closed start tomorrow, ppl will need to go take their post. Private delivery will deliver goods far from receiver, put on floor and GTFO.
School closed 2 weeks (for now)
Doctors can t take holidays
Borders closed.

MY country rank 10 per Hab in europe on number of infected

Soon police will probably arrest people going out if not for food and pharmacy.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Mar 15, 2020, 5:51:49 PM
No shit, your country is right there next to Italy like France and Switzerland, where the pandemic is going full force. If anything you should be happy so far it is pretty light and welcome the police officers who are gonna bag those dumbasses who always need to go to the pub no matter what.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info