Corona virus

Coronavirus: More young patients being admitted to hospital, Italian doctor warns

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/coronavirus-more-young-patients-being-admitted-to-hospital-italian-doctor-warns/ar-BB11dqaf

scary shit
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
Coronavirus: More young patients being admitted to hospital, Italian doctor warns

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/coronavirus-more-young-patients-being-admitted-to-hospital-italian-doctor-warns/ar-BB11dqaf

scary shit
By "young" that article means "in their 40s." Per the article, 88% of COVID19 patients in intensive care at that Italian hospital were 51 or older.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 15, 2020, 6:31:13 PM
51 is not old.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
51 is not old.

It really isn't. Especially now when more people are living longer.
Censored.
OK boomers
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
And don't take this as aggression, but unless you're also at risk as I am, please don't tell me how to feel. Fear is keeping me sharp this time. It ensured I shopped big and shopped early. It's agreeing with the GF when she says we should both stay in for a while, not just me. It's got me keeping up with events in ways I normally wouldn't: instead of looking at this politically or socially, I'm looking at it medically, and...dude, that's why I'm still afraid.

I was speaking more in general than to you specifically. You do have reason to be afraid, as do people living with those who could be seriously affected by this.

The rest of us do not have reason to fear. We do have plenty of reasons to take things cautiously, and adjust our behaviour patterns. But fear is causing people to do stupid things like stockpile up on supplies that they may not need, depriving others - who might need them - the chance to get them. Fear is making people concentrate on what they can do to protect themselves rather than on what they can do to help others.

I may be compromised myself. I was on death's door a month ago, and haven't fully recovered yet, and I don't know what affect that would have on my ability to fight off the disease were I to become afflicted. I'm trying to be positive and proactive however, as it seems the safer course.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
OK boomers
51 is Gen X
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
51 is absolutely Gen X. I'm 42, and I'm late Gen X.

We got old, man. So what? Young at heart and all that.

But don't kid yourselves when they say this disease is easier on younger folk. They're not talking about us.

I haven't checked the news yet this morning. Just my temperature, and made a few calls (wow, phone calls. Covid has forced me to be...normal!?). Dad went to the medical centre yesterday for unrelated reasons, reports that it was mayhem out front with yelling, swearing, banging on the door to let people in (already!). Sister let her kids go to school but then asked me why the government hasn't told us to not let them go to school. I love her but jeeze that was a frustrating conversation.

Qantas issued a change of policy over the weekend allowing all flights, domestic and international, to be cancelled for credit. It's not a full refund but I'll take it. One less thing to worry about.

Stay healthy, folks.

edit: as suspected, Woolworths has suspended all online deliveries now, nationwide. Shit that was quick.

edit 2: jumped the gun; Woolies still delivering. I thought it was too quick. Still, it's going to happen...hopefully later rather than sooner.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 15, 2020, 9:58:28 PM
Well, now we know the world is ending. I'm sharing a Fox News clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t67o28Jr3k

You have to love how they minimise him by calling him a 'UK retired nurse'. No, you idiots. He's a retired lecturer for nursing with a full doctorate.

Also, I am getting the feeling 'respiratory tract' might be one of the more technical medical terms to be spoken on a Fox show in quite some time.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Fox News is RT of the west. They can take a lot of credit for the pickle we're in.

Hope your dad is doing okay!
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Mar 15, 2020, 9:59:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info