Wolcen Hype Release!

"
Nosferat wrote:
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:

Stop being a fanboy,like really. You come of as the same type of fanboy who will buy any hideout,any supporter pack from GGG,regardless how greedy,how nonsensical it is.

The company isn't a small indie one run by 5 guys in a garage,they had hundreds of thousands of $+ a ton more from other sources.

Yes people are expecting stuff, are you saying they shouldn't? really? Then why have games at all, why have any game at a full release stage? Why not have all games in a permanent alpha/beta stage,full of bugs and issues. Do you remember the time when full release games actually worked? I do, and they did not require dozens of millions of dollars to make it happen. Even today you have indie games released that are less buggy. Truly....get off your fanboy horse,and look at the reality of the situation.

While the game might have potential,the state they released it in,is abysmal at best.

The failure isn't obvious right now, it will become obvious about a month down the line,when if 20K players are still playing,it would be considered a huge success. The same way in the first days more than 100K people are playing a new league in POE,how many are active after 30 days?.

With POE it does not matter THAT much,as new content comes out a couple of months later, wolcen has no such plan,so a lost customer is lost forever,it isn't lost until next league,it;s simply lost.

I wasn't even going to bother replying to you but I changed my mind and will actually reply to what you typed versus replying for the sake of replying like you did.

First, I didn't know I was a fanboy but I would say I'm more of intellectual human being. You can click on my profile and see I been here since 2013 and I still don't have one supporter pack lol, soooooo I believe your diarrhea spewing from your mouth is already showing.

The company is in fact an indie company, here I will even do the work for you but I doubt you will take a few minutes from your busy schedule scouring the forums. https://www.linkedin.com/company/wolcenstudio Company has exactly 39 employees, received 400,000 dollars from 11,000 backers. So again, I'm providing the facts while you seem to just again throw out random information.

I also never said people cannot expect things, but people should just calm down and look at the bigger picture of why some things are where they're currently. The company has been communicating pretty well on what's happening, what they're trying to fix, and also being aware of issues that need to be fixed. If I was a fanboy I wouldn't even acknowledge the amount of issues the game is having, but let me find my horse so I can get on it for you. I would say half of the issues are growing pain issue but again I'm just looking at what information I have to come up with these conclusions. You're coming off as just someone who is angry and hasn't bothered taking a few minutes to assess the situation.

I mean Poe never has had a league actually finished since who knows when but I don't really see you making a fuss about that. If you want to go down this rabbit hole, you can even look at fallout 76 and that whole mess. This game is no where near that type of issue but okay. I don't think the release was abysmal but it could of been a lot better. It could of been smoother, and I wish they would of ironed out more of the issues beta. I'm hoping with the huge rise in players playing this will give them what they need to continue making the game better for the future to come. I don't know though, I'm in the middle of if they will continue making it better or if this is as good as it will get. Time will only tell.

Wow, what a fantastically self centered response, talk about fanboyism.

So, let us deconstruct little bit. You are obviously waaaaay,like waaaaaay better then me, but just out of boredom, you decided to respond. Otherwise such a highly intellectual person as yourself, would not lower himself to respond to such an ignoramus as myself.

Expectations are perfectly in line with what the game promised,they promised to deliver,they obviously failed. You defending them,even after the constant bugs,crashes,frame stutters,server disconnects,what does that prove? Oh yeah...fanboysim. Truly, look at the facts,look at what you are actually writing.

Oh that they should deliver a perfect product? No one expected that,no one wanted that. But most people wanted a normal product that they can actually enjoy,the product they payed money for. You do not pay money for a brand new car and when the engine is broken,someone like you comes out of the woods and tells people"well they were a small company,how can you expect them to deliver a car with an engine? what are you stupid or something? lower your expectations".

Nope you're doing it again, I wasn't going to reply because of how you're acting, nothing about me being better than anyone. Good try again I guess.
Indeed,keep telling yourself that, I'm sure in your convoluted imagination,what you say actually makes some sort of sense.
"
Actkqk wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:

You don't know the meaning of immortal? You can hit or shoot them with shift, but they don't die.
If you are going to talk at least you could play first...

I literally stopped playing 10 minutes ago. The bats died with shift-click. Afaik all attacks have some AOE so it works.

???
You think I'm lying? Why I could be lying? In this internet world everything is verifiable. Not all attacks can kill this bats. In my case using guns I could not. And I am not the only one as it can be verified on reddit. And the same thing happened several months ago during the beta... If you want to believe me, good, and if you don't want, then good too.

Had exactly the same problem with pistols, by the end of each zone I had 5-6 immortal bats that follow you right to the zone exit, couldn't kill them with any of the skills I had by that point.

That was the only serious bug in Act 1 but Act 2 so far had crashes when right clicking orbs into stash multiple times, crash when talking to quest givers, had to restart several times because because couldn't talk to quest giver at all to open the way to next boss, had to restart because character got stuck.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Feb 14, 2020, 8:28:11 PM
Bugs bugs bugs bugs BUGS...! On top of the SUBPAR endgame, it's really NOT worth the pricetag...! FACTS
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Did people seriously expect a flawless release

Given that the game was supposedly developed by "fans" of PoE you would think they would know the pitfalls and what causes payers to moan to come up with something slightly more polished, their method to combat sync issues is to have you able to click things half a screen away really REALLY feels clunky as fuck and they should be at least familiar with sync issues of they played PoE like was claimed.

Company isn't a AAA game company - Check
First game the company has ever released or done - Check
An actual indie team - Check
Team has less than 40 total employees - Check

Yet players expect something different as if its Blizzard releasing this. Its hard to take some of the criticism seriously because the game hit over 60,000 players on the steam chart yesterday and its 89,000 today and still going up. That doesn't sound like a failure of any sort to me. I don't think the game ever hit over 1,000 before release but yet people expect Wolcen to somehow be completely prepared for this.

I'm willing to bet the team is blown away by the amount of players, I highly doubt they expected this amount of success. I don't even know how you would foresee and be prepared for such a huge spike in players for your servers but the gaming community has become so entitled and toxic now. If things can't be fixed within a few hours or don't run flawless then it's shit. The discord is pretty toxic and I hope the team isn't taking it to heart. Yes there are issues that need to be fixed but it's like Boem said, no one has a sense of realism of the whole situation.

Let the angry customers spread their hate toward the dev team, in two days they will act as cool sheeps as usual and stop this shitstorm.
The game is okayish, far from what I expected from it years ago, but still surprizingly good and entertaining.

Story got a lot polished, maybe slightly too much streamlined but that's ok this is an Hack & slash public let's not go heavy on quests and so on.

Except the two major issues with stash, and the mess with servers (That was to expect, jumping from 3k average to 60k+ when release hit can only goes wrong), I hadn't a single crash, only few desync here and here wich reminded me early PoE days, and some irrelevant bugs.

The bosses are eventually too easy, and lacking a lot when it come to AI, but I assume it will be better one day, not really the main focus for now I guess.

My biggest grip is the same than during bêta at all stages, the combats are too clunky, PoE and even Diablo 3 are much more enjoyable on that part and I really hope they will do the effort to scale on their competitors instead of keeping this like now. Not enough dynamic, the willpower and rage management is original sure, necessary? Surely not.

Anyway was still a very nice journey, had the chance to experience it fully Online, I really appreciated their release and I end very surprized in the mean time.

Still a very promising product, too bad that they got victim of their success.
Hf :)
is there anything in wolcen thats not stolen from d3 or poe ?
"
Latze wrote:

You can choose gender while creating character.
"
Latze wrote:

Stolen? Like what? You really think Diablo 3 and PoE never got their inspiration from various games, shows, books, board games and so on as well? :/
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
Latze wrote:

Stolen? Like what? You really think Diablo 3 and PoE never got their inspiration from various games, shows, books, board games and so on as well? :/
Inspiration is one thing, and a perfectly acceptable one. The Wolcen crew went, uhhh, a bit further with some things than simply inspiration. Not necessarily in bad ways, mind you. Except for maybe the appearance of that fugly passive tree.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Last edited by aggromagnet on Feb 15, 2020, 4:38:05 AM
"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
Latze wrote:

Inspiration is one thing, and a perfectly acceptable one. The Wolcen crew went, uhhh, a bit further with some things than simply inspiration. Not necessarily in bad ways, mind you. Except for maybe the appearance of that fugly passive tree.

I do not know what elements you are referring to, but I didn't felt playing a copy-cat either at all.
There is just one fight that I found more or less hugely inspired by PoE except that, it was common stuff that we can find since years and even decades in video games at all :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Feb 15, 2020, 4:58:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info