Wolcen Hype Release!

"
Boem wrote:

Did people seriously expect a flawless release with untested online play and the addition of what i think is roughly two times the content?
-Boem-

Nope. But I hope that the problems existing for months during the beta are solved...

A few months ago I played the last beta version of Wolcen, and I'm not ashamed to say it, I didn't pay a penny. Yesterday the official version was already launched in "unofficial" sites, so I went back to play without paying a penny. And I'm so glad I didn't lose my money on this shit. I arrived at the caves (act 1) and began to see the same annoying bug that I saw for months in the beta. Immortal bats that cannot be targeted. Soon I gathered 6 bats chasing me and I could not kill him because it is impossible. So without thinking twice I uninstalled Wolcen and did not lose a penny. Months with the same problem in the beta and they did not solve it and release the game with the same bug? No thanks.

I know what you are going to say. You pirate, you have no right to claim. Do you know why I download games without pay? Because I got tired a few years ago of the stupidities of video game companies. And Wolcen is a good example of these stupidities and in fact they encourage me to continue playing without paying a cent.
I could be a consumer, happy to pay, but thanks to current practices I am an unofficial consumer, but I'm still happy.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Exile009 wrote:

Tbh, I don't have anything against Wolcen. But all these threads still annoy me. Why? Because this is an example of what is wrong with gaming these days - pre-order and Day 1 purchase bullshit. This what enables so many companies to so often screw us all over. Wolcen could end up being a good game. It could be trash. Either way, I'm happy to wait a few weeks or even months to find out. But all these release hype threads are showing me that even years after these practices started very few gamers seem to have learned that lesson.

I don't mind PoE having competition, in fact I welcome it. But I absolutely mind this kind of cancerous, impatient and short-sighted consumerism as hurting us all, including those of us who do wait and see (as it affects gaming publisher priorities and business models). To the extent that people post things like "Wolcen humiliated Path of Exile" and "Best game 2020" when it has just barely fuckin' released!

And yes, Wolcen's price hike upon release to encourage this behaviour is a definite red flag in that regard. But I'd still rather pay $45 for a game that I know is good (from doing my research i.e. check out a variety of reviews / user scores - AFTER release) than $30 for a game that could be trash.

I wonder who there investors are for Wolcen, I wonder if that has anything to do with the issues we're having right now. Sucks investors seem to be in charge of game development and developers run with the pre-order now bs to I guess show investors $$$ potential? I'm not all that clear how that works but I know the investors probably taunt on pulling the money plug if developers still can't be ready in whatever time frame they projected.
"
Actkqk wrote:

I arrived at the caves (act 1) and began to see the same annoying bug that I saw for months in the beta. Immortal bats that cannot be targeted. Soon I gathered 6 bats chasing me and I could not kill him because it is impossible. So without thinking twice I uninstalled Wolcen and did not lose a penny. Months with the same problem in the beta and they did not solve it and release the game with the same bug? No thanks.

While the bug is annoying, shift-click works.

"
Actkqk wrote:
Do you know why I download games without pay?

Because you're cheap.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:

I arrived at the caves (act 1) and began to see the same annoying bug that I saw for months in the beta. Immortal bats that cannot be targeted. Soon I gathered 6 bats chasing me and I could not kill him because it is impossible. So without thinking twice I uninstalled Wolcen and did not lose a penny. Months with the same problem in the beta and they did not solve it and release the game with the same bug? No thanks.

"
Actkqk wrote:
Do you know why I download games without pay?

Because you're cheap.

Dang you beat me to it! Shift clicking was like a second nature thing because of Poe and it works in Wolcen too. You don't move to attack and ya it works on hitting the bats.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:

You don't know the meaning of immortal? You can hit or shoot them with shift, but they don't die.
If you are going to talk at least you could play first...
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Actkqk wrote:

You don't know the meaning of immortal? You can hit or shoot them with shift, but they don't die.

I literally stopped playing 10 minutes ago. The bats died with shift-click. Afaik all attacks have some AOE so it works.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Nosferat wrote:

Stop being a fanboy,like really. You come of as the same type of fanboy who will buy any hideout,any supporter pack from GGG,regardless how greedy,how nonsensical it is.

The company isn't a small indie one run by 5 guys in a garage,they had hundreds of thousands of $+ a ton more from other sources.

Yes people are expecting stuff, are you saying they shouldn't? really? Then why have games at all, why have any game at a full release stage? Why not have all games in a permanent alpha/beta stage,full of bugs and issues. Do you remember the time when full release games actually worked? I do, and they did not require dozens of millions of dollars to make it happen. Even today you have indie games released that are less buggy. Truly....get off your fanboy horse,and look at the reality of the situation.

While the game might have potential,the state they released it in,is abysmal at best.

The failure isn't obvious right now, it will become obvious about a month down the line,when if 20K players are still playing,it would be considered a huge success. The same way in the first days more than 100K people are playing a new league in POE,how many are active after 30 days?.

With POE it does not matter THAT much,as new content comes out a couple of months later, wolcen has no such plan,so a lost customer is lost forever,it isn't lost until next league,it;s simply lost.

I wasn't even going to bother replying to you but I changed my mind and will actually reply to what you typed versus replying for the sake of replying like you did.

First, I didn't know I was a fanboy but I would say I'm more of intellectual human being. You can click on my profile and see I been here since 2013 and I still don't have one supporter pack lol, soooooo I believe your diarrhea spewing from your mouth is already showing.

The company is in fact an indie company, here I will even do the work for you but I doubt you will take a few minutes from your busy schedule scouring the forums. https://www.linkedin.com/company/wolcenstudio Company has exactly 39 employees, received 400,000 dollars from 11,000 backers. So again, I'm providing the facts while you seem to just again throw out random information.

I also never said people cannot expect things, but people should just calm down and look at the bigger picture of why some things are where they're currently. The company has been communicating pretty well on what's happening, what they're trying to fix, and also being aware of issues that need to be fixed. If I was a fanboy I wouldn't even acknowledge the amount of issues the game is having, but let me find my horse so I can get on it for you. I would say half of the issues are growing pain issue but again I'm just looking at what information I have to come up with these conclusions. You're coming off as just someone who is angry and hasn't bothered taking a few minutes to assess the situation.

I mean Poe never has had a league actually finished since who knows when but I don't really see you making a fuss about that. If you want to go down this rabbit hole, you can even look at fallout 76 and that whole mess. This game is no where near that type of issue but okay. I don't think the release was abysmal but it could of been a lot better. It could of been smoother, and I wish they would of ironed out more of the issues beta. I'm hoping with the huge rise in players playing this will give them what they need to continue making the game better for the future to come. I don't know though, I'm in the middle of if they will continue making it better or if this is as good as it will get. Time will only tell.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Actkqk wrote:

I literally stopped playing 10 minutes ago. The bats died with shift-click. Afaik all attacks have some AOE so it works.

???
You think I'm lying? Why I could be lying? In this internet world everything is verifiable. Not all attacks can kill this bats. In my case using guns I could not. And I am not the only one as it can be verified on reddit. And the same thing happened several months ago during the beta... If you want to believe me, good, and if you don't want, then good too.
"
Actkqk wrote:

???
You think I'm lying? Why I could be lying? In this internet world everything is verifiable. Not all attacks can kill this bats. In my case using guns I could not. And I am not the only one as it can be verified on reddit. And the same thing happened several months ago during the beta... If you want to believe me, good, and if you don't want, then good too.

I guess it's a bow thing, since melee and magic definitely works.
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:

Stop being a fanboy,like really. You come of as the same type of fanboy who will buy any hideout,any supporter pack from GGG,regardless how greedy,how nonsensical it is.

The company isn't a small indie one run by 5 guys in a garage,they had hundreds of thousands of $+ a ton more from other sources.

Yes people are expecting stuff, are you saying they shouldn't? really? Then why have games at all, why have any game at a full release stage? Why not have all games in a permanent alpha/beta stage,full of bugs and issues. Do you remember the time when full release games actually worked? I do, and they did not require dozens of millions of dollars to make it happen. Even today you have indie games released that are less buggy. Truly....get off your fanboy horse,and look at the reality of the situation.

While the game might have potential,the state they released it in,is abysmal at best.

The failure isn't obvious right now, it will become obvious about a month down the line,when if 20K players are still playing,it would be considered a huge success. The same way in the first days more than 100K people are playing a new league in POE,how many are active after 30 days?.

With POE it does not matter THAT much,as new content comes out a couple of months later, wolcen has no such plan,so a lost customer is lost forever,it isn't lost until next league,it;s simply lost.

I wasn't even going to bother replying to you but I changed my mind and will actually reply to what you typed versus replying for the sake of replying like you did.

First, I didn't know I was a fanboy but I would say I'm more of intellectual human being. You can click on my profile and see I been here since 2013 and I still don't have one supporter pack lol, soooooo I believe your diarrhea spewing from your mouth is already showing.

The company is in fact an indie company, here I will even do the work for you but I doubt you will take a few minutes from your busy schedule scouring the forums. https://www.linkedin.com/company/wolcenstudio Company has exactly 39 employees, received 400,000 dollars from 11,000 backers. So again, I'm providing the facts while you seem to just again throw out random information.

I also never said people cannot expect things, but people should just calm down and look at the bigger picture of why some things are where they're currently. The company has been communicating pretty well on what's happening, what they're trying to fix, and also being aware of issues that need to be fixed. If I was a fanboy I wouldn't even acknowledge the amount of issues the game is having, but let me find my horse so I can get on it for you. I would say half of the issues are growing pain issue but again I'm just looking at what information I have to come up with these conclusions. You're coming off as just someone who is angry and hasn't bothered taking a few minutes to assess the situation.

I mean Poe never has had a league actually finished since who knows when but I don't really see you making a fuss about that. If you want to go down this rabbit hole, you can even look at fallout 76 and that whole mess. This game is no where near that type of issue but okay. I don't think the release was abysmal but it could of been a lot better. It could of been smoother, and I wish they would of ironed out more of the issues beta. I'm hoping with the huge rise in players playing this will give them what they need to continue making the game better for the future to come. I don't know though, I'm in the middle of if they will continue making it better or if this is as good as it will get. Time will only tell.

Wow, what a fantastically self centered response, talk about fanboyism.

So, let us deconstruct little bit. You are obviously waaaaay,like waaaaaay better then me, but just out of boredom, you decided to respond. Otherwise such a highly intellectual person as yourself, would not lower himself to respond to such an ignoramus as myself.

Expectations are perfectly in line with what the game promised,they promised to deliver,they obviously failed. You defending them,even after the constant bugs,crashes,frame stutters,server disconnects,what does that prove? Oh yeah...fanboysim. Truly, look at the facts,look at what you are actually writing.

Oh that they should deliver a perfect product? No one expected that,no one wanted that. But most people wanted a normal product that they can actually enjoy,the product they payed money for. You do not pay money for a brand new car and when the engine is broken,someone like you comes out of the woods and tells people"well they were a small company,how can you expect them to deliver a car with an engine? what are you stupid or something? lower your expectations".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info