Wolcen Hype Release!

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

So how long in total to finish a run? 10 hours?

No, i think i've made it in around 5-6 hours to finish the main plot and to get to expeditions which was my main goal anyway, since i'm not so much into lore and stuff that's also why i prefer game modes like Greater Rifts (D3) or Delve (PoE) in ARPGs.

But they need to put urgently a timer on Expeditions in combination with leaderboards or it will get very boring after a few months (or weeks).
- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Feb 14, 2020, 2:18:38 PM
"
OberholtzerJ wrote:
"
For the interested ones a part 1 review by Rhykker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bA3RJGHtAk

This is not a review, this is literally a 19 and half minute long ad.

considering he states that it is SPONSORED yes, it is and ADD.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Best game 2020

definitely NOT.

Holy, that's salty. :)
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
"
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

No, i think i've made it in around 5-6 hours to finish the main plot and to get to expeditions which was my main goal anyway, since i'm not so much into lore and stuff that's also why i prefer game modes like Greater Rifts (D3) or Delve (PoE) in ARPGs.

But they need to put urgently a timer on Expeditions in combination with leaderboards or it will get very boring after a few months (or weeks).

Damn...I gotta get my shit together.

I played a few hours and was like lvl21.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Did people seriously expect a flawless release

Given that the game was supposedly developed by "fans" of PoE you would think they would know the pitfalls and what causes payers to moan to come up with something slightly more polished, their method to combat sync issues is to have you able to click things half a screen away really REALLY feels clunky as fuck and they should be at least familiar with sync issues of they played PoE like was claimed.

Company isn't a AAA game company - Check
First game the company has ever released or done - Check
An actual indie team - Check
Team has less than 40 total employees - Check

Yet players expect something different as if its Blizzard releasing this. Its hard to take some of the criticism seriously because the game hit over 60,000 players on the steam chart yesterday and its 89,000 today and still going up. That doesn't sound like a failure of any sort to me. I don't think the game ever hit over 1,000 before release but yet people expect Wolcen to somehow be completely prepared for this.

I'm willing to bet the team is blown away by the amount of players, I highly doubt they expected this amount of success. I don't even know how you would foresee and be prepared for such a huge spike in players for your servers but the gaming community has become so entitled and toxic now. If things can't be fixed within a few hours or don't run flawless then it's shit. The discord is pretty toxic and I hope the team isn't taking it to heart. Yes there are issues that need to be fixed but it's like Boem said, no one has a sense of realism of the whole situation.
Last edited by ZACHWILDCAT on Feb 14, 2020, 2:53:24 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Damn...I gotta get my shit together.

I played a few hours and was like lvl21.

I've found interestingly just a single unique at level 15 during the whole run but this unique was stronger than anything else i've found until the end so i had luck, otherwise i wouldn't had the chance to rush through the chapters.

- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Feb 14, 2020, 3:08:57 PM
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Did people seriously expect a flawless release

Given that the game was supposedly developed by "fans" of PoE you would think they would know the pitfalls and what causes payers to moan to come up with something slightly more polished, their method to combat sync issues is to have you able to click things half a screen away really REALLY feels clunky as fuck and they should be at least familiar with sync issues of they played PoE like was claimed.

Company isn't a AAA game company - Check
First game the company has ever released or done - Check
An actual indie team - Check
Team has less than 40 total employees - Check

Yet players expect something different as if its Blizzard releasing this. Its hard to take some of the criticism seriously because the game hit over 60,000 players on the steam chart yesterday and its 89,000 today and still going up. That doesn't sound like a failure of any sort to me. I don't think the game ever hit over 1,000 before release but yet people expect Wolcen to somehow be completely prepared for this.

I'm willing to bet the team is blown away by the amount of players, I highly doubt they expected this amount of success. I don't even know how you would foresee and be prepared for such a huge spike in players for your servers but the gaming community has become so entitled and toxic now. If things can't be fixed within a few hours or don't run flawless then it's shit. The discord is pretty toxic and I hope the team isn't taking it to heart. Yes there are issues that need to be fixed but it's like Boem said, no one has a sense of realism of the whole situation.

Stop being a fanboy,like really. You come of as the same type of fanboy who will buy any hideout,any supporter pack from GGG,regardless how greedy,how nonsensical it is.

The company isn't a small indie one run by 5 guys in a garage,they had hundreds of thousands of $+ a ton more from other sources.

Yes people are expecting stuff, are you saying they shouldn't? really? Then why have games at all, why have any game at a full release stage? Why not have all games in a permanent alpha/beta stage,full of bugs and issues. Do you remember the time when full release games actually worked? I do, and they did not require dozens of millions of dollars to make it happen. Even today you have indie games released that are less buggy. Truly....get off your fanboy horse,and look at the reality of the situation.

While the game might have potential,the state they released it in,is abysmal at best.

The failure isn't obvious right now, it will become obvious about a month down the line,when if 20K players are still playing,it would be considered a huge success. The same way in the first days more than 100K people are playing a new league in POE,how many are active after 30 days?.

With POE it does not matter THAT much,as new content comes out a couple of months later, wolcen has no such plan,so a lost customer is lost forever,it isn't lost until next league,it;s simply lost.
Last edited by Nosferat on Feb 14, 2020, 3:19:00 PM
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

"
The_Impeacher wrote:
Best game 2020

definitely NOT.

Holy, that's salty. :)

Tbh, I don't have anything against Wolcen. But all these threads still annoy me. Why? Because this is an example of what is wrong with gaming these days - pre-order and Day 1 purchase bullshit. This what enables so many companies to so often screw us all over. Wolcen could end up being a good game. It could be trash. Either way, I'm happy to wait a few weeks or even months to find out. But all these release hype threads are showing me that even years after these practices started very few gamers seem to have learned that lesson.

I don't mind PoE having competition, in fact I welcome it. But I absolutely mind this kind of cancerous, impatient and short-sighted consumerism as hurting us all, including those of us who do wait and see (as it affects gaming publisher priorities and business models). To the extent that people post things like "Wolcen humiliated Path of Exile" and "Best game 2020" when it has just barely fuckin' released!

And yes, Wolcen's price hike upon release to encourage this behaviour is a definite red flag in that regard. But I'd still rather pay $45 for a game that I know is good (from doing my research i.e. check out a variety of reviews / user scores - AFTER release) than $30 for a game that could be trash.
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 14, 2020, 3:54:08 PM
93k concurrent players on Steam. I bet that easily doubled the dev's expectations, maybe even tripled. I'm really happy for them.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
93k concurrent players on Steam. I bet that easily doubled the dev's expectations, maybe even tripled. I'm really happy for them.

Easily more than expected. I believe they were expecting 40-50k on the high end.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info