[3.10] Storm Brand – Great League Starter – Deathless Sirus/Uber Elder - Life / LL-ES / Boss killer

"
Tsyfer wrote:
Hi guys, I'm currently leveling my templar with this great build.
But I'm facing a problem, I miss survivability... A lot...
Can someone help me with my gear please? telling me what should I improve with quit low budget...

I've 4kehp, damages are good. Currently a2 et struggling in the end of mid tier maps...

Issue is you haven't really got 4k ehp, without reliable ways of maintaining it, ES doesn't help when you get mobbed. So it's just over 3k life, which isn't really enough for delerium content, especially if you aren't full ranged (And as storm brand, you have to run through packs).

In addition you aren't running any kind of defensive layer - at least run 1 or 2 defensive flasks. Any physical damage will just wreck you.
Also don't appear to be fire res capped.

"
"
Zweetsok wrote:
Seems OP abandened the build or this guide (which is quiet lackluster and incomplete to begin with)... Better move on. Shame for people who invested a lot of time and currency to get it going that far only to find it doesn't work or isn't updated.

Compared to a lot of other build guides.. this one is eh... well..

Why you don't try the build and improve it yourself ? OP has his own life and you can't force him to update this build 24/24. This guide is great even with life build.

Thank you for great build OP. I'm enjoying it so far :) I'm currently farming and preparing to switch to LL version.

just got this bad boi

If someone postes a build guide you would expect them to show at least some interest in them. What you are saying is beside the point and I don't intend to post a build guide.

Most build guide posters get it though.
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
Tsyfer wrote:
Hi guys, I'm currently leveling my templar with this great build.
But I'm facing a problem, I miss survivability... A lot...
Can someone help me with my gear please? telling me what should I improve with quit low budget...

I've 4kehp, damages are good. Currently a2 et struggling in the end of mid tier maps...

Issue is you haven't really got 4k ehp, without reliable ways of maintaining it, ES doesn't help when you get mobbed. So it's just over 3k life, which isn't really enough for delerium content, especially if you aren't full ranged (And as storm brand, you have to run through packs).

In addition you aren't running any kind of defensive layer - at least run 1 or 2 defensive flasks. Any physical damage will just wreck you.
Also don't appear to be fire res capped.

Ok thanks i'll see through this.
For the res, I'm capped 75 each and 40% chaos.
"
Zweetsok wrote:
If someone postes a build guide you would expect them to show at least some interest in them. What you are saying is beside the point and I don't intend to post a build guide.

Most build guide posters get it though.

Well, you should read this again and leave us in peace :)

"
MetalCrawler wrote:
Sadly I have to say you are quietly annoying buddy.

You are very negative, still the build didn't receive any nerfs and is definetly playable. Sadly I don't have time to play this first week but will catch up eventually.

If you don't like my build, you can follow any of the other 300 guides made 10 leagues ago, instead of understanding that this build work as it is.

It will take A LOT of time till test all changes and decide if they are better than what I have right now.

Please stop commenting negative comments and just go next.

Thanks

Is archmage good for us? i've been testing this setup
for a bit and it seems kinda good for clear, for bosses i am using hypothermia instead of chain.

Other question is, will we shock and freeze shaper? i know nothing about ailments... i just dont understand them.
As a casual player I started league with this build. It's my second attempt with Brand skills (was playing Armageddon Brand Witch like 3 or 4 leagues ago).

What can I say? I have really bad gear (I'm still in the full life version of this build), and this build looks really promising. I can do maps up to T10 including Delirium_5_FPS_and_stupid_damage_from_nowhere without much problems, survivability is above average for a spellcaster (4k life, 2k ES, nothing special). I just modified it a little bit to reach cluster jewels in templar/witch area (check my tree if interested) and also better utilize my mana reservation at this point (2 heralds and Assassin's Mark for QoL). I can easily imagine, that with Shavs and some improvement I'll be able to laugh at everything in this game, because ES leech is so OP :)

(Unfortunately, I'm extremely unlucky this league, no single exalt drop yet or any item worth more than few chaos so I progress rather slowly for now, still doing these annoying white and yellow maps. So I need to wait for these Shavs etc. a bit longer it seems).

One small tip for you guys, REALLY try new new cluster Jewels and experiment with them. One of my notables passives (Thunderstruck) is just crazy good (and I expect it to be nerfed soon), many mobs including map bosses are just knocked 2-3 times per second back and do literally nothing :P

I think another next good option can be medium cluster with +Brands passives. Definitively need to check that.

Anyway, I want to thank for great build! :)
"
deeveejay wrote:
As a casual player I started league with this build. It's my second attempt with Brand skills (was playing Armageddon Brand Witch like 3 or 4 leagues ago).

What can I say? I have really bad gear (I'm still in the full life version of this build), and this build looks really promising. I can do maps up to T10 including Delirium_5_FPS_and_stupid_damage_from_nowhere without much problems, survivability is above average for a spellcaster (4k life, 2k ES, nothing special). I just modified it a little bit to reach cluster jewels in templar/witch area (check my tree if interested) and also better utilize my mana reservation at this point (2 heralds and Assassin's Mark for QoL). I can easily imagine, that with Shavs and some improvement I'll be able to laugh at everything in this game, because ES leech is so OP :)

(Unfortunately, I'm extremely unlucky this league, no single exalt drop yet or any item worth more than few chaos so I progress rather slowly for now, still doing these annoying white and yellow maps. So I need to wait for these Shavs etc. a bit longer it seems).

One small tip for you guys, REALLY try new new cluster Jewels and experiment with them. One of my notables passives (Thunderstruck) is just crazy good (and I expect it to be nerfed soon), many mobs including map bosses are just knocked 2-3 times per second back and do literally nothing :P

I think another next good option can be medium cluster with +Brands passives. Definitively need to check that.

Anyway, I want to thank for great build! :)

Would you mind providing your pob link? Thank you.
"
geoing00 wrote:
Is archmage good for us? i've been testing this setup
for a bit and it seems kinda good for clear, for bosses i am using hypothermia instead of chain.

Other question is, will we shock and freeze shaper? i know nothing about ailments... i just dont understand them.

Archmage is for a mana build with 0 mana reservation and thus no herald etc
I saw other build with brand storm with archmage but usually they weren't inquisitor (hiero or trickster if i remember correctly) utilisyng wave of conviction.
The clear looked better but i'm not sure about the single target dps.

"
anastazjasz wrote:

Would you mind providing your pob link? Thank you.

I will not, because i simply didn't putted it into PoB :)

You can check my tree on my character profile, it's public. Beware I'm just lvl 88 now, and still experimenting. I think build will be completed around lvl 95 (life version, dunno about ES version because I didn't started it yet so I don't know what changes I will made).
Last edited by deeveejay on Mar 18, 2020, 6:30:07 PM
This build is OP, playing on twitch.tv/juvenyle74.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info