[3.10] Storm Brand – Great League Starter – Deathless Sirus/Uber Elder - Life / LL-ES / Boss killer

Hey guys!
I really love how most of you have almost the best gear and transitioned to LL build. My question is where do you get currency for it? I am not able to get even one exalted a day and if ES build will cost like 20-30 I dont event think its possible for me to get it in soon future.
"
kubicka wrote:
Hey guys!
I really love how most of you have almost the best gear and transitioned to LL build. My question is where do you get currency for it? I am not able to get even one exalted a day and if ES build will cost like 20-30 I dont event think its possible for me to get it in soon future.

I've had a total 9f 3 ex raw drop for me this league and I think the biggest sale I've had was 40c for a shit lab enchant.

Honestly it just comes from being efficient with your playtime and looking for bargains
"
kubicka wrote:
Hey guys!

I've had 1 raw ex drop and about 4 or 5 worth of items. at the end of the day it comes down to just playing the game a lot and picking up good bases in hopes that they're worth selling imo
Fixed the clearing problems I was having by putting 3 points into explosive runes and getting 20% quality on brand recall, turns out attachment range is pretty good.
"
"
kubicka wrote:
Hey guys!

I've had 1 raw ex drop and about 4 or 5 worth of items. at the end of the day it comes down to just playing the game a lot and picking up good bases in hopes that they're worth selling imo

I play a lot these day. I guess I have to learn what base items are good and how to craft them
"
kubicka wrote:
"
"
kubicka wrote:
Hey guys!

I play a lot these day. I guess I have to learn what base items are good and how to craft them

I literally have all rares apart from rings and belts hidden, it's more to do with spending as much of your time as possible doing productive things. I'd recommend watching cutedogs video on it, basically boils down to getting a dump tab and chain running maps with minimal downtime.
just doing wand crafting - stopped at these mods
which crafts would you recommend?

thanks in advance
"
Scorpiaa wrote:
"
geoing00 wrote:
Is archmage good for us? i've been testing this setup
for a bit and it seems kinda good for clear, for bosses i am using hypothermia instead of chain.

Other question is, will we shock and freeze shaper? i know nothing about ailments... i just dont understand them.

Archmage is for a mana build with 0 mana reservation and thus no herald etc
I saw other build with brand storm with archmage but usually they weren't inquisitor (hiero or trickster if i remember correctly) utilisyng wave of conviction.
The clear looked better but i'm not sure about the single target dps.

So I did switch to Archmage from the LL setup. With 2K mana (which is nothing) and VoidBringer , a lvl 17 archamge is a 130% more damage on PoB. Nothing tops that, it's worth dumping the two heralds. Any investment in mana becomes a lot of added damage. And of course with Fevered Mind it will go nuts. Then since you have high mana cost you can use lvl 20 arcane surge with the surge wheel. Again a support multiplier hard to top. I have dropped Awakened added lightning damage and hypothermia for these two supports.

The best point here is that I get rid of my initial concerned that I expressed in the early pages of the thread (around 5-10?). That splitting cold + lightning ends up in low or no chill / shock on high life target. Turns out Delirium felt pretty bad regarding the chilling part.

I really feel the difference on T16 bosses, and during clear now.

The problem in this config is that to have Wrath + Zealotry + Discipline on life, you need Guardain prism and loose a good ES chunk on the shield. I counter that with 2 Energy from the Naught. I'm sitting at 6.9K ES at lvl91. I would like to have more but that's just a matter of gear. I really did not invest much except on the uniques.

One should aim for Rune seeker too. The brand attachment range increases per second is not reset by brand recall and new latch. So you end up with a screen wide attachment range.

I guess I'll stop playing for sometime now but I may improve this later on. If you have questions or comments I'll still read here.

Edit: and for those that still want to shatter porcupines, there is the cluster jewel node that add 10% of lightning damage as extra damage cold damage. With my full lightning setup that's 10% more damage and enough to shatter map mobs.

Last edited by Rootsmann on Mar 20, 2020, 3:14:33 PM
"
kubicka wrote:
Hey guys!

No worry, it depends on both your luck and efficiency in farming. I have really strong league start last league with my Witch Bane occultist, i just drowned in exalts after 1st week.

Well, the statistics don't lie, this league is probably my worst and slowest start in a year. I had only 1 ex drop, and sold items worth around 2 ex total, so I was able to buy normal Shavronne.

I was VERY lucky to 6-link this Shavronne in around 80 fuses, but... it lies in my stash, because I don't have currency to buy Chayula and endurance jewel :))

But no worries, with my gear I do now T13-T15 rare maps, I'm currently at 20 stones. The damage is ok on normal mobs, the only problem is with delirium mobs and some bossed (I can manage it, but it's sloow).

As you can see, it's sad story of slow progress and slow league start, but eventually the tide will turn. Same applies to you.

BTW, once again I recommend cluster jewel with Thunderstruck passive, it helps greatly to keep things away from me ;)
hi,

I'm carloshm85 in the game, at the moment I'm doing well, but following the guide in stormbrand I have very few DPS, and I see that he gets +400000 dps, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
thanks
Let's see if you can help me

I see that in path of building in the dps calculation I do not have combat buffs, can that be it? I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

sorry for my English
Last edited by carloshm85 on Mar 20, 2020, 8:07:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info