[3.10] Storm Brand – Great League Starter – Deathless Sirus/Uber Elder - Life / LL-ES / Boss killer

"
kubicka wrote:
"
People wrote:
"
kubicka wrote:
Why are we using Lightning Golem? I almost always use brand recall to keep my brands up and my golem is almost always dead anywas.

it's for the cast speed as it increases the activation frequency of Storm Brand = more dmg

Thank you, didnt know that! Whats the reason to keep it on lvl 12? Isnt it better to have it higer to have higher cast speed bonus?

In this build guide it's linked to Cast with Damage Taken support which means linked gems need to be either the same level as that or lower for it to cast.

level 10 cast when damage taken = lvl 56
level 12 light golem = lvl 56

so you need them at a point where it makes sense for your char - the higher you level the cwdt gem then the more damage you have to take to trigger it (and higher requirements)

if you want to manually cast your golem instead then max it out

stupidy question with the 3 auras up I don't have mana to cast anything. what I'm missing?
"
Scorpiaa wrote:
"
Daemonion wrote:
How is this build doing in deliriums? I think of respecing my Herald of Purity guardian as it has some problems in late yellow / red maps with survivability.

I'm having a bit of trouble surviving in delirium, something getting one shotted even in low tier map.

However since i made the shift from life build to LL/ES build, i feel more tanky but still one shottable if i'm not moving enough.

Damage on boss are pretty good, however sometime the DPS on thrash mob and thus the clear can be quite slow (if you don't OS them, it can be dangerous).

I'm doing T14 with ease without delirium but i'm dying too much in delirium (too much density i guess? and way too many effect on the ground > if u try to pick up stuff, u might die :x)

Your gear looks similar to mine. I'm at 8,5k ES and have no problems with survibility. I'm using orb of storms setup to help clear. Atm my problem ist single target damage on bosses. They take some time atm and I need to push that further. Normal mobs and normal delirium stuff is no prob. I rarely get one shot at that point. Well, did the transition today (after hoarding some stuff for it) and need to level bloodmagic further and get a enlighten for auras. I think about dropping discipline temporarly to get zealotry and precision.
"
Sikottic wrote:
stupidy question with the 3 auras up I don't have mana to cast anything. what I'm missing?

do you have enlighten l3/4 linked to the auras?

"
Zweetsok wrote:
Seems OP abandened the build or this guide (which is quiet lackluster and incomplete to begin with)... Better move on. Shame for people who invested a lot of time and currency to get it going that far only to find it doesn't work or isn't updated.

Compared to a lot of other build guides.. this one is eh... well..

Sadly I have to say you are quietly annoying buddy.

You are very negative, still the build didn't receive any nerfs and is definetly playable. Sadly I don't have time to play this first week but will catch up eventually.

If you don't like my build, you can follow any of the other 300 guides made 10 leagues ago, instead of understanding that this build work as it is.

It will take A LOT of time till test all changes and decide if they are better than what I have right now.

Please stop commenting negative comments and just go next.

Thanks
Last edited by MetalCrawler on Mar 16, 2020, 11:36:28 PM
"
alantrik wrote:
Several fucking stat trees and the final differs so wildly from the leveling one that the respec cost would be put better towards another build entirely...

Easily respectable, you are the first one complaining.

That's how leveling builds work and that's how I decided to work my way to endgame.

If you don't go for Elemental Overload, people will cry that build is terrible for leveling up, so it is what it is.
"
People wrote:
"
Sikottic wrote:

do you have enlighten l3/4 linked to the auras?

Thank you People! for keeping up with the answers ;)
"
Sayuro_ wrote:
Really great guide, got to lv 88 so far and its working great. Would be nice if you could update the POB.
This written guide and then gems in the pob are not the same and its really confusing to me.

> update pob to 3.10 with right jewel placements
> update gem setups so match the written & pob guide
> otherwise great guide

Hey Sayuro, I'm glad you are enjoying.

About gems, there's a small difference between Inspiration and Added Lightning Damage, that I will fix eventually somehow.

The thing is, inspiration has the same damage as Added Lightning Damage, and mana is usually not a problem, so both are fine, is just a matter of do you have a red socket or 6 blue sockets?

I'm fixing this in the guide right now btw.

About jewels: Many people are suggesting New nodes like using the new node that makes lightning to chill enemies, THE PROBLEM IS, that completely changes the identity of the build. Since you are removing the conversion + chaos damage combo. SO MAYBE there's some nice nodes (like the critical damage ones) that can boost our damage but they ARE NOT that big of a deal, just like I tested all possible stats from Conquerers and you can see my LL build doesn't use anything from it besides from metamorph catalysts, of course.

In other words, it will take a lot of time for me to test all possible changes and compare/decide if they are worth using, since I know the build can do all content as it is right now.

Anyway thx for the tips
Do u recomen any unique weapon or shield?

i love brands, but i hate meta crafting.

Looks like a great build, thx for share.
Last edited by grilloarg on Mar 17, 2020, 4:29:53 AM

So I just went and spun the build a little bit to my style and swapped to Inpulsa + Storm Gift and I must say the clear is absolutely insane, doing t16 as fast as I did on my 200ex Ice Shot from last league.

Only Awakening level 5 so far, so it might change a little, but I expect it to still be as fast because the damage and the explosions are very strong. The single target is obviously not as strong as the ice shot, but I only invested like 10~15ex on this build. But there's still a lot of room to improve, higher level gems, awakened gems, etc. Only times I die are on Delirium mechanic (this league is so stupid with the one-shots and stuff you can't see).

If you can afford inpulsa + storm gift gloves, I recommend you swap and see for yourself. And if you don't like or feel like the investment is not worth it, you can just resell the items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info