[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
vflowertwitch wrote:
"
Serenity216 wrote:

You missed probably the most absurd one! Check out Antivenom. "+17% to chaos resistance. --Unaffected by Poison--" Slap that on with The Golden Rule and your DPS jumps astronomically, not to mention your chaos res. This notable single-handedly solves the "Can't fit Maw of Conquest into the build" problem, and gives absolutely bonkers scaling to Noxious Strike. Even better, it's probably on a Medium or Small cluster jewel, not a large one since it likely falls under utility or defense, and thus can be grabbed with minimal sacrifice.

I didn't mention this one since this build doesn't do self-poison right now, but maybe with this new notable, it will.

As far as I can see, the only real advantage you gain is doubling the amount of recently applied poisons? (can easily get to 50+% chaos res without it)

That's nice, but if you're minmaxing the build in the end game, you already aim for killing bosses within seconds, so making the 30th poison you apply last 8.6 seconds instead of 4.3 seconds probably does more for the dps in pob than it actually helps you in game.

So you invest a cluster jewel mod, a passive point for that keystone and a jewel socket into making your poisons last longer than they need to if your build is minmaxed.

Isn't the real advantage that you can roll the increased DMG and MS for each poison sextant with self-poison for op clearspeed?
"
vflowertwitch wrote:

I didn't mention this one since this build doesn't do self-poison right now, but maybe with this new notable, it will.

As far as I can see, the only real advantage you gain is doubling the amount of recently applied poisons? (can easily get to 50+% chaos res without it)

That's nice, but if you're minmaxing the build in the end game, you already aim for killing bosses within seconds, so making the 30th poison you apply last 8.6 seconds instead of 4.3 seconds probably does more for the dps in pob than it actually helps you in game.

So you invest a cluster jewel mod, a passive point for that keystone and a jewel socket into making your poisons last longer than they need to if your build is minmaxed.

Ahh, my mistake, thank you for pointing it out! You saved me much frustration and theorycrafting woe due to eventually wondering why my in-game DPS was going to feel worse than it should have. In my tiredness I merged the two lines together and read "5% increased poison damage per poison applied recently" and conveniently missed the "duration" bit. No wonder that seemed so broken...

I suppose there might be some interesting synergy with self poison and the new "10% faster poison" notable, but that's an awful lot of investment for potentially minor payoff. Might be a helpful little boost in early maps when the ST DPS isn't super high, but you're right about its endgame usefulness being pretty limited. Thanks for setting me straight!
Hey guys, i'm planning to use this build at 3.10, someone tell me how its going with awakener and high end (Mean for T16 maps), I see have 5k hp, so, i think this can be rippy, so, can i know your thoughts?

Regards!
"
Skip511 wrote:
Noob question:
do poison stacks from multiple party members stack? my wife and I want to play both poison builds

They are independent - this will include blade blast interactions are exclusive to the caster.
"
Ownlirh wrote:
Hey guys, i'm planning to use this build at 3.10, someone tell me how its going with awakener and high end (Mean for T16 maps), I see have 5k hp, so, i think this can be rippy, so, can i know your thoughts?

I did A8 Sirus with 1 death, which happened because I was too greedy to finish it fast and ran into an aoe while trying to get under him to proc the next phase.
Quit the league before doing another Sirus, but I'd assume it's pretty easy to do deathless with some practice and you don't need any crazy gear for it.

Same applies for juiced A8T16 maps, fast clear speed & bossing and you die only very very rarely if you know how to play.

The good thing about using poisons is that you can do a lot of damage while staying at a safe distance. When bossing, you press like 5 buttons at once (see the OP for a list) at the start and apply a bunch of poisons, then run away to safety and watch the boss die.

"
Aeyrith wrote:

Isn't the real advantage that you can roll the increased DMG and MS for each poison sextant with self-poison for op clearspeed?

Never tried that, but I guess 600% movement speed sounds pretty crazy, basically like running around with HH buffs.
No idea how much you can sustain that sextant mod or how expensive it is, though.
How is this build on league start? considering doing a BV poison as 1st character for delirium and wondering if it would be good enough during leveling without leveling uniques etc
This was my fav build of 3.9 and will be probably my starter in 3.10. Super fun and did the whole content with it.
Thoughts about the Elusiv nerf? its basically our main survival talent

Elusive now grants 30% increased movement speed (from 40%), 15% chance to dodge attacks (from 20%) and 15% chance to dodge spells (from 20%).
hey man, how can i sustain my ES/mana? do i need ES or mana leech? will be doin this build for 3.10 patch. Cheers!
Hey everyone, stream is live right now if you have any questions going into 3.10. Working on updating the thread now, build looks to be stronger than ever! <3
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
ya this build is definitely goig to be super popular in 3.10. which is why im probably not going to do it now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info