[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

Any ideas on how to add something like shield + max block from lethal pride or discipline + MoM + es on hit watcher's without totally ruining dps? Saw similar build but there's only like 6m dps with more expensive gear.

Cause I feel like only dodge as defense mechanic with ?5k hp looks like a great way to run into a pack of some fatty mobs and die instantly if all of them will have enough time to make a hit.
"
nomikk92 wrote:
"
ergopotes wrote:
"
Level as Elemental Blade Vortex.

Does anyone have gem leveling guide for this?
I mean gem links in acts.

Hi, they have lvling section on page 1 you can go there and find more details, here is a short if you need a quick view:
Spoiler
Gems
1-12
Any spell (Freezing pulse, Fireball, Explosive trap, etc)

Flame Dash
Spell Totem - Wither
Whirling Blades

Blade Vortex - Lesser poison - Void Manipulation - Unbound Ailments - Increased Crit Strikes

Herald of Agony

Deadly Ailments
Faster Attacks for your Whirling Blades

Malevolence

Replace Lesser poison with Poison (Poison gem no longer needed after getting Noxious Strikes Ascendancy - replace with another damage gem)
Blasphemy with Despair
Fortify for your whirling blades

Unleash - Amazing QoL
Vile Toxins - put this in asap
Add multiple totems to your wither setup
CWDT - Steelskin

I mean that link section is pretty useless for league start without having twink gear. He recommends levelling as a normal BV with ele supports, but then in that section he tells you to link with poison/chaos supports which obviously is pointless since you have no crit while leveling and poison wont feel as nice so no point investing in it yet. Where as once you get to maps, then you can move to poison and respec the tree a bit to focus on crit and scale poison.
"
Grizone wrote:
Any ideas on how to add something like shield + max block from lethal pride or discipline + MoM + es on hit watcher's without totally ruining dps? Saw similar build but there's only like 6m dps with more expensive gear.

Cause I feel like only dodge as defense mechanic with ?5k hp looks like a great way to run into a pack of some fatty mobs and die instantly if all of them will have enough time to make a hit.

It's this build playstyle - "kill or dodge or die" )))
"
WhoMans wrote:

I mean that link section is pretty useless for league start without having twink gear. He recommends levelling as a normal BV with ele supports, but then in that section he tells you to link with poison/chaos supports which obviously is pointless since you have no crit while leveling and poison wont feel as nice so no point investing in it yet. Where as once you get to maps, then you can move to poison and respec the tree a bit to focus on crit and scale poison.

Yes. Leveling section quite confusing.

I found some gem setup in his pob
---
BV-Added Lighting Dmg-Added Cold Dmg-IncCrit-Unleash-FasterCasting
+
Three heralds (ash+ice+thunder)
+
Blade Blast
---
Last edited by ergopotes on Mar 12, 2020, 9:58:08 AM
"
ergopotes wrote:

Yes. Leveling section quite confusing.

I found some gem setup in his pob
---
BV-Added Lighting Dmg-Added Cold Dmg-IncCrit-Unleash-FasterCasting
+
Three heralds (ash+ice+thunder)
+
Blade Blast
---

Nice, think I might put that setup in my levelling PoB. Three auras could be asking a bit much at the beginning though, I guess just keeping adding more when you feel you have the mana for it as you go.

Think I might focus more on the cold side of things, since before I get BV I will be using freezing pulse, and will therefore already have wands with the flat cold damage to spells recipe on them.

Reckon I should be using wands with those recipes through the acts or should I be using daggers?
"
Biratancho wrote:
Personally I like leveling with a different skill than the one I'll be mapping with. Looks like ED/Contagion will be a good leveling alternative, right? I see quite a lot of Chaos dot passives at the start, won't even need to change the pathing.

The real problem of leveling with ED/Cont is that u won't benefit from the Ascendency Points, since u can't get Elusive on Crit and its hard to use Withering Step to get Elusive cause u have to keep using ED/Cont and Blight, which will remove the elusive buff... Noxious Strike also doesn't help, useless u change to BV Poison by then... ;/

And leveling with elemental BV is kinda hard too, cause u don't get any elemental nodes on the tree... Unless, of course, u get some and respec later, but then u have to plan it before hand... ;/²

Edit: I guess u could go with something like this and respec later: www.poeurl.com/cLXx

That will give 72% increased damage, 66% elemental damage and 35% spell damage, which with 2 lightning/cold damage recipe wands should be really enough... But idk how the single target damage would be, tbh...

Edit2: I tested the elemental BV till end of act 2 and BV has such a short duration and we have very low cast speed too, it feels very bad to me... I guess i will follow Tytykiller's videos and use Frost Bomb + Orb of Storms + Stormblast Mines till i get a 4-link and Unleash... ;/³
Last edited by nogenem on Mar 12, 2020, 12:46:46 PM
"
ergopotes wrote:
"
Grizone wrote:

It's this build playstyle - "kill or dodge or die" )))
Well than only way to level this build past 96 will be spending like 50ex extra on breach runs which is sad.
Will probably start with it tho, making it a bit fatter once Legion jewels and some decent ES gear will be available.
"
nogenem wrote:

Edit: I guess u could go with something like this and respec later: www.poeurl.com/cLXx

That will give 72% increased damage, 66% elemental damage and 35% spell damage, which with 2 lightning/cold damage recipe wands should be really enough... But idk how the single target damage would be, tbh...

I just tested this / ED+Cont / Poison BV (as in old leveling section) on 1 and 2 acts in 3-link.

I like Elemental BV setup with Frost Bomb and two cold wands. And yes it will need some respec, but poison version is bad (((
"
ergopotes wrote:
"
nogenem wrote:

I just tested this / ED+Cont / Poison BV (as in old leveling section) on 1 and 2 acts in 3-link.

I like Elemental BV setup with Frost Bomb and two cold wands. And yes it will need some respec, but poison version is bad (((

Yeah, i tested it too and idk man... BV has such a short duration and we have very low cast speed too, it feels very bad to me... I guess i will follow Tytykiller's videos and use Frost Bomb + Orb of Storms + Stormblast Mines till i get a 4-link and Unleash... ;/
Last edited by nogenem on Mar 12, 2020, 12:45:36 PM
Idk how people struggle to lvl with BV, literally melts content, especially after 16 with heralds :/

Im defo gonna be doing grobbs build again this league, but picking up obliteration wands early for massive clearspeed boost

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info