[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
Mopstah wrote:
Hey guys, I noticed many people are struggling with survivability and thought I would share my thoughts and how I overcame this for my version of this build.

- Do not stack entirely offensive auras. You need a balance. Currently, I am running Malevolence, Herald of Agony, Flesh and Stone (entirely sand stance), and Vitality. These are all inside the Diadem helm. I feel running a high level vitality aura is very important. No enlighten is needed, just stick these auras in your helm and you should be able to level vitality to around level 17 (where I'm at right now).

- Choose Surging Vitality over Fettle for your small cluster jewels. The %HP gain is similar, but the QoL is MUCH higher. I am currently at 503 hp regen/second in hideout, and this boosts up to 1400 hp regen/second every 4 seconds thanks to double Surging Vitality jewels. Combined with the feast of flesh from the Diadem helm, that's another big chunk of regen every 5 seconds in battle. Whenever I get hit, which isn't often, my hp instantly shoots back up to full and that's a nice feeling.

- Get Asenath's gloves for your explosions, and choose a defensive chest. I went with Kintsugi, which combined with Wind Dancer is doing solid work in keeping me alive.

- You should absolutely not be using 2x CIP for mapping unless you have GG top end gear. I do MORE than enough damage to clear t16s quickly, including bosses, with 1xCIP and Mistwall. Any more is simply overkill and I only weapon swap to my 2xCIP setup for Guardians, Conqs and Sirus.

- Don't ignore Chaos resistance. I'd like to get more but currently sitting at 33% and it feels comfortable.

- I am currently able to fit in an Enduring cry gem linked to second wind, and it helps with generating endurance charges during ritual fights and acts as an extra life potion when needed.

I only died 3 times from lvl 1 to lvl 90 (pretty good for me since I'm a pretty casual player), but hit a wall around red maps where I died about a half dozen times in a few juicy maps. I made these changes and have only died once more since then and it was to a stage 3 Sirus cold beam. I feel quite sturdy at the moment and I'm not afraid of any boss fight

Thanks to everyone for their tips in this thread... i've been reading along all league and viewing people's profiles, making small tweaks here and there, and it's been a lot of fun!

Thanks for your thoughts. Maybe you have any ideas how to improve single target damage for budget variants. I feel pretty comfortable mapping and map bosses with wither totems + VaalBV - they melt no question here. However i really struggle with single target when flasks and VBV unavaliable. For example i can fight Sirus with my eyes closed till last phase and then each dash/whirling blade/blink through X shape lasers = minus half HP and boss dont give a single fuck about my dps =( Same with some guardians. If minotaur decide to go underground during totems+VBV+flasks combo , i am pretty much fucked up kiting him and dying to rockfall.
"
drbokorkati wrote:

Hahahahahaha you're not even checking what assassin builds are being played right, even the squishy CoC and bladeblast get to 100, the only salty around here is those who spend more time blaming people for choosing an utterly unreliable broken build and pretending to be an expert than playing the game.

Ok, so since my original post got removed, let me phrase it another way, with a little hint for your next PoE season: try reading a guide before sinking your exalts into it. This guide was not meant to get you to level 100. It was not meant to make you tanky or to survive while not playing the mechanics. It was meant to rush & crush the Atlas and shred endgame bosses, starting on a very low budget and scaling BIG time with high investment - some deaths every now and then included. If you plan on reaching level 100 with this build or try to play half-afk, then this build isn't the right one for you - but then again, that statement's more or less included in the build guide.

"
Grotherozaur wrote:
Hey, I'm really enjoying this build, but I'm wondering what exactly Skitterbots are here for, do we benefit from shock and chill?

You guessed right. They shock & chill. So it's offensive AND defensive for us.

"
Does anybody know what type of modifier/tag Overwhelming Malice is under? I've just started spamming Aberrant Fossils on a cluster jewel but have had no luck.

craftofexile is a good site for crafters:

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=176&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=5&bp=y&as=1&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

Try to craft two prefixes, and ifyou have one open suffix, try to farm harvest for a physical-exalt-slam-recipe. That's a guaranteed Grim Oath.
"

craftofexile is a good site for crafters:

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=176&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=5&bp=y&as=1&bld={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

Try to craft two prefixes, and ifyou have one open suffix, try to farm harvest for a physical-exalt-slam-recipe. That's a guaranteed Grim Oath.

Damn, I had the perfect set up for a guaranteed Grim Oath before I decided to start spamming Aberrant fossils. I'll keep this in mind, thanks.
Hello - why is there no Awakened Unleash in PoB ? Do i miss something?
@EdenIsBack
Hello !

I'm having an absolute blast with this build, melting trough t15 with ease.

What would be the next step for me to improve my build by order of priority with around 20 ex to invest? I'm looking to kill endgame bosses if possible.

"

Thanks again for sharing that build i'm having a blast !

Happy gaming everyone.
"
nocx13 wrote:
Hello !

I'm having an absolute blast with this build, melting trough t15 with ease.

What would be the next step for me to improve my build by order of priority with around 20 ex to invest? I'm looking to kill endgame bosses if possible.

"

Thanks again for sharing that build i'm having a blast !

Happy gaming everyone.

Double Bino's is redundant, get at least 1 Cold Iron Point. Then get Asenath gloves and drop the other Bino for another CIP. Also fix up your auras; Blasphemy/Despair should not be in your helm as it's a free aura already with your Amulet. Put Enlighten and Flesh and Stone in your helm, then get a 5th aura - possibly work on getting a Aspect of the Spider enchant on your ring or belt.
If Coralitos stops our critical strikes from dealing extra damage do we still want to get crit multi?
Would you be able to help me out? I still don't have enough currency to buy the cluster or didn't find it for sale yet. Willing to craft mine, learning new content it's always a thing.

This is my PoB
https://pastebin.com/7vYjvRtv

Just acquired Asenath's and now I guess I should be focusing to get my clusters.
If not, what would be next upgrade? Maybe CiP with the corruption of DoT? Or Belt/Ring with spider?

Note that my tree is currently messed up and will eventually change to the one in the guide. But I guess losing Wind Dancer node will be bad in terms of QoL and I'm severely struggling with INT and STR stats.

If I remove the Eldritch battery from my tree until the Atrophy I will be lacking in INT and for my belt, its garbage because I have to have STR in it too. (I know I have it on the helm. I just don't feel the need to spec more points without knowing what I am doing =D)

PoB isn't set it up because I don't know how. I guess I cannot inflit all my curses...idk.

Currently crushing t16 and bosses. It is squishy but just if I stand still. Awesome build 100%
This is fascinating because I disagree with a lot of it. What part of the game are you at? Have you cleared AW9/Maven with this build version? I'd be really interested to see how that would work with so much less damage :)

For end-endgame I would disagree slightly on some stuff:

- Build is mostly meant to die a bit and just kill faster, stacking offense tends to be the best way, but if you want to survive a lot in T16s, this could work. Enlighten lets you run 6 auras too...

- This is in the build, run Surging vs Fettle depends on playstyle. I run 1:3 but anything from 0:4 to 4:0 is fine, your suggestion of running more Surging is good if you use Endu + stack them + tanky enough for life regen to kick in.

- Early on this is what everyone recommends, but for AW9 sirus + 100% delirius maps go explode and +1 chest, 3 curses (2 from templar gloves). You REALLY need the damage to clear fast fast fast so that nothing kills you.

- This could work, but your gimping your damage again for defense. If you have enough damage and can deal with dying once in a while and not levelling beyond 95, no need to swap back and forth just run double CIP. But if you like defense style you could do it. I would suggest perhaps a different build though for defense style haha

- Yeah. Mines at 35% and I 100% agree with this, Chaos res is nice.

- Not sure where you have the links for this, but this is a good idea if you want to live.

"
Mopstah wrote:
Hey guys, I noticed many people are struggling with survivability and thought I would share my thoughts and how I overcame this for my version of this build.

- Do not stack entirely offensive auras. You need a balance. Currently, I am running Malevolence, Herald of Agony, Flesh and Stone (entirely sand stance), and Vitality. These are all inside the Diadem helm. I feel running a high level vitality aura is very important. No enlighten is needed, just stick these auras in your helm and you should be able to level vitality to around level 17 (where I'm at right now).

- Choose Surging Vitality over Fettle for your small cluster jewels. The %HP gain is similar, but the QoL is MUCH higher. I am currently at 503 hp regen/second in hideout, and this boosts up to 1400 hp regen/second every 4 seconds thanks to double Surging Vitality jewels. Combined with the feast of flesh from the Diadem helm, that's another big chunk of regen every 5 seconds in battle. Whenever I get hit, which isn't often, my hp instantly shoots back up to full and that's a nice feeling.

- Get Asenath's gloves for your explosions, and choose a defensive chest. I went with Kintsugi, which combined with Wind Dancer is doing solid work in keeping me alive.

- You should absolutely not be using 2x CIP for mapping unless you have GG top end gear. I do MORE than enough damage to clear t16s quickly, including bosses, with 1xCIP and Mistwall. Any more is simply overkill and I only weapon swap to my 2xCIP setup for Guardians, Conqs and Sirus.

- Don't ignore Chaos resistance. I'd like to get more but currently sitting at 33% and it feels comfortable.

- I am currently able to fit in an Enduring cry gem linked to second wind, and it helps with generating endurance charges during ritual fights and acts as an extra life potion when needed.

I only died 3 times from lvl 1 to lvl 90 (pretty good for me since I'm a pretty casual player), but hit a wall around red maps where I died about a half dozen times in a few juicy maps. I made these changes and have only died once more since then and it was to a stage 3 Sirus cold beam. I feel quite sturdy at the moment and I'm not afraid of any boss fight

Thanks to everyone for their tips in this thread... i've been reading along all league and viewing people's profiles, making small tweaks here and there, and it's been a lot of fun!
Thanks for the reply and perhaps I can clarify a few things.

I really don't feel I'm sacrificing damage at all, my PoB Sirus 8 DPS is sitting at 9 million. That's for my weapon swap, not my mapping setup with Mistwall. When mapping, every pack dies instantly the second the first mob pops thanks to the gloves with explosions. It's super fast and safe.

Because of Ungil's Harmony amulet (an idea I stole from LowBudget), my Crit chance is at 70% without any flasks. Notice I also have two corrupted CIP for my bossing setup, one with power charge on Crit and one with DoT. Because I have 'Gain Flask charge on critical strike' belt mod, my flasks are literally always up. This helps a lot with DPS.

I think my super high Crit chance gives the DPS I need to deal with bosses and allows me to run the other tweaks to help with defense.

I admit I'm pushing only AW7 at the moment but thus far I am melting Conqs and Sirus. It's a matter of 5-10 seconds per fight or phase in the case of Sirus. Will be happy to report back once I finish the rest of the end game.

Thanks again to everyone for their good feedback. Let's keep pushing this build. It's been a lot of fun.
Last edited by Mopstah on Jan 27, 2021, 8:11:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info