[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Ok, so I just levelled to 90 last night using nothing more than a Tabula, 2 Cold Iron Points and scuffed yellows, I hit t14s before I bothered making any changes so the build is fully capable to at least Red maps with very little gear. I know some people are struggling a bit with this build so I will share a few things that have worked well for me in the past and hopefully make things a bit easier for league starters who notice they feel like glass and have bad damage.

1. Three items that are essential are Coralitos's flask, Atziri's Promise flask for life leech and also a 'Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you' Jewel. Corrupted Blood will cause problems with this build even with a Staunching flask, it's generally my main source of deaths until I get the jewel.

2. Make sure to grab the Wind Dancer node, this has excellent synergy with the Kintsugi chest that you can grab later on but is also very good stand alone.

3. Have a CWDT+IC link somewhere to save you from spike bursts, I also add Withering Step to the third link to refresh the Elusive buff almost every time I take a hit.

4. Phase Run gives you tons of MS, allows you to run through mobs and prevents you from getting gangbanged when mob density is insane. I bind it to left click and grab the 'Freedom of Movement' node for almost 100% Phase Run uptime which gives you an extra 62% Move speed in total. Some people also use Withering Step which I do not because I use Flame Dash exclusively which shares cool downs but this is also a viable option if you go the Whirling Blades route.

5. Two very good uniques that are very cheap are Fox's Fortune and the Brine Crown, these will carry you until you can afford a better chest and a Diadem.

Fox's Fortune is about 12c for a 6link (You buy a Foxshadow and then use the prophecy 'Dark Instincts.' This chest is basically a poor mans Kintsugi and will save you from the occasional one shot, it's much better than a Tabula. Brine Crown is around 4-10c and is also very strong until you can get a Diadem. It provides you with tons of life, cold res, freeze immunity and also gives you mana regen when you stand still for boss situations where you run out of Mana flask charges (which is rare since most bosses die very fast.)

6. Make sure to use an 'Enduring Mana' flask. This makes it so you're mana doesn't stop recovering when you're topped up.

7. Blind is important for survivability. If you can fit in Flesh and Stone somehow on top of Malevolance and your Herald it's highly recommended to do so.

8. Make sure to use Wither Totems. This is very important for damage and always overlooked. Pop totems on Bosses and difficult packs before charging in with a 10 stack BV and they will melt.

9. Bino's Kitchen Knife is very good for clear, use one with CIP if you can for mapping lower levels fast. Switch to CIP and Mistwall for reds and dual CIP for tougher bosses (This may or may not work, you might still get one shotted dual welding until later when you have good gear.)

10. Grab a level 21 Vaal Blade Vortex gem. They are super cheap this league (10-15c.)

11. Get corrupted gloves with Temp Chains on Hit, this is a big survivability boost they don't cost much.

12. Don't stop moving ever. Just run around with Plague Bearer and refresh you BV stacks as need. Stopping means dying with this build. You can pre-stack bosses with flasks, Totems and Duration Focus later on in the game and basically just stand there and one shot them though.

12. Make sure you have 100% chance to poison without Coralito's flask. You can check this in your character stats page under the BV offence tab.

Here's my current setup if anyone is interested.

https://pastebin.com/VTh4j77M

Keep in mind this is just for league starting and not definitive by any stretch, you will probably have a bad time if you try taking this into high reds and endgame bosses in this state until you can upgrade. You can respec damage and resistance nodes as needed depending on your gear, you can use Whirling Blades, nothing is set in stone. Once you hit the 5 million SDPS mark you can start min maxing and scaling damage using Cluster Jewels, Circle Rings and self-Poison to bring you to around 18-20 million SDPS with minimal investment. Respec from the Atrophy Node for Clusters and then go from there.

When are you going to respec? And will you use the build gr0bbs has on pastebin to respec into?
"
gallaghd wrote:
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Ok, so I just ..

When are you going to respec? And will you use the build gr0bbs has on pastebin to respec into?

I'm level 84 and my build looks somewhat similar; I'm planning to switch when I have all the appropriate cluster jewels and enough respec orbs. I'm not struggling in maps at all so I'm just saving up currency right now to buy a Diadem, and then I'll probably go for the jewels.
Hey!
When you say "get a cold iron point", do you mean just a clean one, or is it one with the proper corrupt? :)
"
Thellman wrote:
Hey!
When you say "get a cold iron point", do you mean just a clean one, or is it one with the proper corrupt? :)

Clean one is more than enough. The right corruption is pretty expensive, and only the icing on the cake if you already got everything else.
Should both large Clusters have Overwhelming malice?

How many times a second do we hit? Like ~7?

Wondering if there's a better large node to go for and just stack a bit of damage instead of Overwhelming malice in the two cluster version

Super fun build so far, absolutely doinks AW8 Sirus. I'm a bit squishy but I'll fix that in a bit.
We hit 7.5 times a second. Overwhelming Malice gives a 10% chance to gain UM on crit. So statistically, with an effective crit chance of ~70% or higher (Crit chance is lucky-mod on flask), 21 of the 30 hits over 4 seconds are crits. With a 10% chance, you'd procc OM 2 times within 4 seconds, so one node is more than enough.
"
We hit 7.5 times a second. Overwhelming Malice gives a 10% chance to gain UM on crit. So statistically, with an effective crit chance of ~70% or higher (Crit chance is lucky-mod on flask), 21 of the 30 hits over 4 seconds are crits. With a 10% chance, you'd procc OM 2 times within 4 seconds, so one node is more than enough.

Cheers. This is more or less where my math took me but I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

When clearing, OM should mostly always be up, and then when bossing you'll have it in 2 seconds (avg) if there are no trash mobs (Sirus, Maven, Some boss rooms) and it'll be hard to feel the difference.

Better to just stack another #% dmg node or path to Dire Torment or something.

Dope I got a plan now, cheers mate.
Why we use poison support gem if we have 100% chance to poison without it and flask?
I was wondering why ppl use Void Manipulation instead of Poison. From what i can read its the same thing.
"
Duba wrote:
I was wondering why ppl use Void Manipulation instead of Poison. From what i can read its the same thing.

It's almost the same. Void Manipulation gives you a LITTLE bit of an edge ofer Poison support, if you have 20% quality on it.

- Poison: 10% increased Damage with Poison
- VM: 10% increased Chaos damage. Scales with both the initial hit AND the poison damage. Bigger initial hit = bigger poison base DoT

It's really not much, but it's there if you want to min-max. Later on, you want to switch to awakened VM anyway - unless you go for Divergent Poison support for 10% faster poison damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info