[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

Hi, i currently have enough ex to get either a explode chest or asenath.

im leaning towards getting a spell crit + explode chest.

which one should i prioritize? any advice is appreciated!
Recently switched to a dual cluster set up myself. +30% DPS, even with absolutely horrible one notable jewels, was more than worth the ~300 life lost. The biggest thing I am really missing is the skill effect duration. Any source other than Wicked Pall?
"
First of all some general answers:

- If you go for the dual-cluster setup, your main goal is pushing damage at the cost of survivability. You can't have a functional, top(!) survivability setup AND have dual-cluster for damage-pushing. It's just not possible

- we have a multitude of defense mechanics, but they all count on probability. Dodge/evasion has a CHANCE - if the hit goes through, we have no armour to soften the blow. In the endgame setup, we have Blind + Temp Chains from Asenath, which helps a lot. Also, we do have explode for mapping, which clears screenwide depending on mob density and gear. We have Skitterbots for the chill and as last line of defense, we have a CWDT with IC or SS, in combination with Feast of Flesh (Diadem) + Surging Vitality (cluster jewel) and Atziri's Promise for leech.

BUT - and that's the big but - we sure as hell can't facetank anything. If we play a boss like Sirus, Uber Elder or one of the Delve bosses like Aul and get hit once, we MAY survive it (depending on your life pool). But if you're focussing completely on damage, you'll probably die. I have 4k HP and kill Sirus Deathless, but i'm used to the mechanics by now. If you're not so sure or already KNOW, that you get hit every now and then, you should probably invest a bit more into defensive.

I even go as far as having two different gear-sets for different contents (actually, one is for fast mapping with high damage, the other with high life + survivability for heists)

Some more defensive variations of the build (gear-wise):
- Mistwall or Replica Mistwall (+CIP or Binos, depends if you have Asenaths)
- Self-poison with Golden Rule, Watcher's Eye and Apep's Slumber (NOT Supremacy!) + changes to the skill tree over to mind over matter
- ignore Circle of Nostalgia rings and go for high life rings (Vermillion are top notch)

There are a LOT of ways to get better defenses. Not a single solution here tbh.

"
A question: is it worth using herald of purity without grim oath?
Another one: i corrupted my CIP and got ' to critical strike multi' is it better then the normal implicit?
I had to let vitality go because i didn't have enough mana, but mabey stone golem can be enough life regen?

You should go to PoB for that and play around, too much math to answer that question with a yes or no.

ty for your answer! so skitterbots is better then flesh and stone? i just wonder because the blind from sand stance seems really good
"
rnbounty wrote:

ty for your answer! so skitterbots is better then flesh and stone? i just wonder because the blind from sand stance seems really good

Don't know if it's really better. Since this build has quite some synergies, it depends on your current gear. Sand Stance is pretty nice for defence, but if you have Asenaths already, you may be able to ignore it. At least if you want to go for full damage. I like to go full ham on damage (running with 4k HP atm, good enough even for 100% Delirious Maps, unless it lags or it has Beyond... i really hate beyond...).

And tbh... i'm just a fan of skitterbots. Watching those little minions speedcrawl around is awesome to watch :-D

"
HungryBagel wrote:
Recently switched to a dual cluster set up myself. +30% DPS, even with absolutely horrible one notable jewels, was more than worth the ~300 life lost. The biggest thing I am really missing is the skill effect duration. Any source other than Wicked Pall?

Unfortunately not really. They nerfed the cluster notable that gave big skill effect duration. The only thing would be Malevolence with alternative Quality, which gives 0,5% skill effect duration per % Quality. But that's not really much, and since this isn't a crafting league, large cluster jewels with 3 good notables are insanely expensive or not available at all.

"

This isn't a crafting league, so a good rolled chest with spell crit + explosive AND good life / res rolls is very hard to come by or very expensive. I'd go with Asenath + rare chest with high life / res rolls on your chest (or some unique chest like Kintsugi for defense or Carcass Jack for clear).
Last edited by HornedTerrorist on Oct 5, 2020, 1:39:36 PM
"
"
rnbounty wrote:

Don't know if it's really better. Since this build has quite some synergies, it depends on your current gear. Sand Stance is pretty nice for defence, but if you have Asenaths already, you may be able to ignore it. At least if you want to go for full damage. I like to go full ham on damage (running with 4k HP atm, good enough even for 100% Delirious Maps, unless it lags or it has Beyond... i really hate beyond...).

And tbh... i'm just a fan of skitterbots. Watching those little minions speedcrawl around is awesome to watch :-D

Well i wont get asenaths for a long time (16 ex, wtf??). but i think ill get a kintsugi (its effect does stack with winddancer right?), get despair impresence and switch void sphere/despair curse in hit for blasphemy despair. then ill get a CWDT/SS setup, slap on skitterbots instead of flesh and stone and boost them with unbound ailments. the chill and shock will be nice then!
Last edited by rnbounty on Oct 5, 2020, 2:23:42 PM
It's possible to use witchfire brew and get a +1 dex gems amulet instead. You'll end up with a bunch of unique flasks, but since witchfire is cheap you can try it and see how it feels for you. I have a few magic flasks lying around in case I desperately need immunities.
@Asenath
15ex is expensive, that's true. But this league, 1ex is only 70c. Last league, Asenath did cost ~6ex with 1ex being at ~150c. It's almost the same, only a little bit more expensive since a lot more players are playing poison BV this league

@Witchfire Brew
Well, it is possible. The questions is: is it worth it? We already use 2 unique flasks, and there are a lot of QoL-mods on flasks:
- immunity to curses (never have to worry about temp chains, ele weakness, vulnerability, ... is a BIG QoL for mapping!)
- Immunity to chill / freeze: live-saver to be freeze-immune, and chilly ground isn't that uncommon on juiced maps or in delve
- Immunity to bleeding: cheaper than getting a good rolled jewel with Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you
- Instant Application on life flask
- 30% increased movement speed
- 90% increased critical strike chance

We can only take 3 of them, and if you're adding WFB, you only have 2. I wouldn't really recommend it. Also, on the big boss-fights with phases and without adds, you can't have 100% uptime of your flask and will miss out on a lot of damage.
"
"
rnbounty wrote:

"
HungryBagel wrote:

Unfortunately not really. They nerfed the cluster notable that gave big skill effect duration. The only thing would be Malevolence with alternative Quality, which gives 0,5% skill effect duration per % Quality. But that's not really much, and since this isn't a crafting league, large cluster jewels with 3 good notables are insanely expensive or not available at all.

"

This isn't a crafting league, so a good rolled chest with spell crit + explosive AND good life / res rolls is very hard to come by or very expensive. I'd go with Asenath + rare chest with high life / res rolls on your chest (or some unique chest like Kintsugi for defense or Carcass Jack for clear).

Our skill tree gives us 45% skill duration. If we will take the Malevolence with alternative Quality+4 wicked pal on medium cluster jewel we will have 49% skill duration so we can drop that part of the tree. the question is: damage and life wise is it worth it?
https://pastebin.com/qBQLuVq9

Can anyone make my character better? all criticism wanted/needed
hello guys!

really having a blast with this build, currently running this gear at level 95:

been looking for a direction to upgrade now
obvious choice would be malevolence watcher's eye or improving cluster jewels, the problem is that I already feel like too squishy (even while running a more defensive-oriented version) and I would have to drop around ~600 life to get a full setup of cluster jewels.

also really wanted to have tailwind (or faster poison damage) on boots, but capping resists with HH is already tough and dropping one suffix would be really hard

what do you guys think?
Last edited by reinaldo110 on Oct 5, 2020, 6:36:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info