[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

Whats wrong about my build....

pls give me some advice

https://pastebin.com/xbWueKLZ
"
adhihuheho wrote:

pls give me some advice

The first question should be: What is your PROBLEM with your build? Damage, Clearspeed, survivability, ...

"
"
adhihuheho wrote:

pls give me some advice

The first question should be: What is your PROBLEM with your build? Damage, Clearspeed, survivability, ...

Hm.... survivability and damage i guess...

for you, better still on Carcass Jack or change to Sporeguard Saint's Hauberk / Kintsugi Exquisite Leather / Cospri Will ?

Last edited by adhihuheho on Oct 4, 2020, 10:09:33 AM
The thing is, i for one am someone who likes to try out different stuff depending on what content he is doing. So if you just say "Here's my PoB, tell me what's wrong", i can't really answer that. One thing i see is, that you don't take the wheel at Fangs of the Viper. It gives 20% physical inc damage (=bigger initial poison hit) + 20% chaos damage (= bigger initial hit AND increased poison damage over time).

Pointing out survivability: You only have 3.6k life. In comparison: For heists, i switch gear + tree and have >6k life, for normal mapping i go full ham on damage and have 4.2k life.

Your second ring has Mana + ES. Two stats we don't need, where you could get at least ~45 life or higher. Also, your boots have no max life on them. If you get ~45 life on the ring and ~60 life on boots, that should give you ~300 life.

You have Hands of the high Templar with Enfeeble and Despair on Hit, AND are running Despair Aura. I'm not a really big fan of those gloves for our build tbh, especially since this isn't a crafting league and you won't get a good rolled explode-chest as cheap as last league. Asenath give you better clearspeed.

Your cluster jewels are ok for now, but there's a lot of lost potential there.

@Chest piece
I'm using Carcass Jack for juiced up mapping, since it helps a LOT with clearing Legion monoliths on Delirium maps. Bigger AoE also counts for explosions + explosion damage. For Heists or Sirus 8, i use this chest piece:

Also, i change my talent tree when i'm doing Heists for more defense + life.
Tbh, if you have currency, then a rare chest almost always beats unique chests. If you don't have that much currency, a Kintsugi, Sporeguard or Dendrobate would do it.
"

We stop using a poison gem pretty fast, as soon as we reach 100% chance to poison (WITHOUT Coralitos).

I'm at 94% chance to poison, and the Poison gem is still a +40% DPS for me ("total DPS including poison").
"
HungryBagel wrote:
"

We stop using a poison gem pretty fast, as soon as we reach 100% chance to poison (WITHOUT Coralitos).

I'm at 94% chance to poison, and the Poison gem is still a +40% DPS for me ("total DPS including poison").

Because it gives flat added chaos damage (lesser poison) or more chaos damage (poison support), which increases your poison damage. Void Manipulation gives you the same "more chaos damage" (or a little bit more), and also gives you increased chaos damage on top.
"
"
HungryBagel wrote:
"

Because it gives flat added chaos damage (lesser poison) or more chaos damage (poison support), which increases your poison damage. Void Manipulation gives you the same "more chaos damage" (or a little bit more), and also gives you increased chaos damage on top.

Thanks, good points. Void Manip isn't actually a DPS improvement for me (according to POB) but the Awakened one certainly is. Guess I will just keep Poison slotted until I buy the Awakened variant (man there is a lot to purchase for this build! haha).
"
(man there is a lot to purchase for this build! haha)

That's true! But that's the great thing about this build: you can start very low budget and have a continuous development depending on your currency.

O hai there champions. What should we annoint 6l sporeguard? not running temp chains yet. dirty tech on amulet

thanks in advance <3
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
HungryBagel wrote:

Thanks, good points. Void Manip isn't actually a DPS improvement for me (according to POB) but the Awakened one certainly is. Guess I will just keep Poison slotted until I buy the Awakened variant (man there is a lot to purchase for this build! haha).

Void Manip not really needed. You can even ditch Herald of Agony and run Herald of Purity if you use Poison, damage is nearly the same as Awakened Void Manipulation Level 5, plus it procs Taunt Minions with new alternate quality Gem.

Switching from AVM level 5 to Poison gives me >1m less Poison Shaper-DPS. 1m DPS difference is not "nearly the same". Also, if you want to play with HoP instead of HoA, you'd also need different circle rings that buff HoP instead.

Can you use HoP instead of HoA? For sure. Is it more budget-friendly? Sure. Does it come close to what this build is capable of with high end gear? Nah... not really.

Edit:
Since i'm running both, HoA AND HoP, i just did a little bit of calculation with PoB. If you have Grim Oath and Overwhelming Malice, there's indeed a turning point, where the HoP-Circle Rings are better than the Nostalgia ones. But it all depends on how much "gain x of physical as extra chaos damage"-mods you have. It's not THAT much more damage - ~600k Total DPS inc. Poison, but if you want to push it... i'm thinking about it atm.
Last edited by HornedTerrorist on Oct 4, 2020, 6:55:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info