[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

Replica Mistwall is better
"
Cloudyworlds wrote:
Really enjoying this build, but since there are so many options I have a hard time minmaxing it. This is my current setup so far:

Obviously the Body Armour is garbage, but I felt like all the other slots were more important for now. I am leaning towards getting a Kintsugi, since the damage is already very nice and it might allow me to switch to double CIPs again at some point. What gave me the most headaches was fitting Flesh and Stone AND Skitterbots in at the same time. For some reason I see almost no one doing it, but with Enlighten 4 we don´t even need Circle of Nostalgia with reduced mana reservation.
I started using malevolence watchers eye with golden rule yesterday and for some reason my chaos resistance only peaks at 36% when I am standing in a full mob of enemies, anyone know what is wrong with my setup? In theory it should get me well over the cap.
Also, where do I go from here? I guess the options are: Tailwind boots, Atziris Step, Asenaths Mark Gloves, Kintsugi, Carcass Jack, Explodey Chest or additional curse + crit chest if using Asenaths, Circle of Nostalgia or another shaped rare ring, Witchfire Brew and dropping Impresence for a +1 and dot multi amulet....As I said, SO many options and it is really hard to figure out the best strategy.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

1. i think with proper chant for mana reservation and enlighten, u can fit malevolence, fns, herald of agony, skitterbots and despair.
2. no one doing because its kind of tricky, and u not rly gain much with it, if u thinking on what to drop, its be sktiters or fns, depending on what u need, more surviving or more dps from shocking.
3. u shouldnt use circles with mana revervations, just go with damage ones. i think they give more than skitterbots? at least they did before they was nerfed. not sure if it is now.
4. tail boots is jsut kind of extra stuff u can make once u made everything else.
5. chest armor is all about ur preference, idk why everyone runs kintsugi now, it wasnt that popular 2leagues back. need more aoe - carcass, need easy explosions - explode chest. asenath work yea, but double curse for it is kind of, eh, u most likely want to anoint it then, just to safe some tree points, as double cluster setup makes it rly short.
6. +1 dot multi amulet, maybe sounds nice, but im not sure if its good idea, when u get a free aura with no mana reservation. unsless u opt ur playstyle to witchfire brew. that way u will get higher burst damage on bosses, but generally i think something like sirus/uelder will feel slower, because u relying in flasks. this one better check with pob.
7. before nerts, double circle rings was best dps option u could ever get, also with that u can totally forget about what poision chance is, since it will be capped anyway. this one gives u even more freedom in tree, as u can drop all nodes with poison chance there, if u have something more valuable nodes, where u can spent ur points at.
8. best upgrade u can make is, to take maximum from cluster jewels, this one is most good option, also, if u will do this, leave small clusters to a last moment, if u gonna run 2x circle rings, most likely ur resists will be at weird values, which will require u to invest into better small clusters with build-in resists there.
9. since with circles it results in having few slots for rare gear, most likely u want to drop asenath idea at all, otherwise ull never cap resists.
10. most endgame setup i can imagine is having a tree without scion area at all, this will take a lot of exalts towards cluster jewels, currently u have only good medium one.
Last edited by tffiad on Sep 29, 2020, 3:44:26 AM
1) Thoughts on anomalous whitering step and jewel eternal suffering? so that it's auto wither when we run near them basically

2) Also is OP guide outdated now? I dont see any mention of skittering bots in the POB do we use skitter or flesh and stone? Also which flesh and stone do we use blood or sand?

3) Also why not divergent blood rage? 2% chance to gain frenzy on unique monster.. I think it will proc lots on bosses. Good DPS boost no?

4) Also I see some using things such as mistwall shield, is this the better option or are dual weapons best? Is this just a case of the OP inflating POB for highest possible DPS rather than actual performance in game?

5) How are 83 heists on this character, rippy?

And finally
Here is my starter gear are the links right?

Last edited by Nevzat on Sep 29, 2020, 6:57:06 AM
Hey guys! Switched to this build after failed league launch with a totem build. Currently lvl 75 in red maps trying to fill in watchstones. Feeling a little squishy defensively. May just help the most to keep leveling and get more skill points but what can we switch gem/item/playstyle wise to increase survivabity? Can anyone pkk ok ease check out my set to make sure there are no glaring issues? Thanks!
Kinda regret picking this build now.. dps is good, mapping quick, but having to juggle both plague bearer and blade vortex is worse than ED/Contagion double cast... Also feeling ultra squishy. My hp is 4.7k

Last edited by Nevzat on Sep 29, 2020, 9:53:22 AM
"
Nevzat wrote:
Kinda regret picking this build now.. dps is good, mapping quick, but having to juggle both plague bearer and blade vortex is worse than ED/Contagion double cast... Also feeling ultra squishy. My hp is 4.7k

links correct.

later on, when you scale your damage, you will be able to drop plaguebearer at all, it's just serves as additional dps while you at start of atlas.

build is more about to move all the way, just play it like its derilium (that league had only one rule: you stop - you die).

depends from type of mobs, if those are melee - you can just path through of them, if all of them range type and gonna shoot projectiles - don't run straight into them, just make a bit if left-to-right moves to avoid all that incoming stuff.

at bosses its more about to stay in close range, but not that close, to let to bosses make their melee attacks, and dodging out when some bosses performs something deadly.

ideally running around a boss at mid-max range of your BV will work fine, with exceptions of some complicated ones, like eradicator/uelder and etc.

OP used 2x CiP, because running mistwall and other sources of def in endgame is pointless. with 40mil dps, you will skip any boss attack patterns and insta phase them, at mapping everything just dies very fast, and if you die during mapping that most likely some sort of mistake at your positioning. if you aiming to highest dmg - 2x CiP is best.

Last edited by xqhrn on Sep 29, 2020, 10:55:36 AM
Thank you for the build GROBBS just killed Sirius very easily with some crappy gear.
Ok some tips I got to players who are new to the build like me:
1. after getting the devouring diadem socket vitality, it's a huge life savior in many occasions.
2. For heists switch bino's for replica Mistwall shield, I am doing mainly 83 heists and I didn't die once.
Cheers.
One question: what is better in cluster jewel: circling oblivion + Haemorrhage
or circling oblivion+ wicked pal?
Thanks
"
arikshkol wrote:
Thank you for the build GROBBS just killed Sirius very easily with some crappy gear.
Ok some tips I got to players who are new to the build like me:
1. after getting the devouring diadem socket vitality, it's a huge life savior in many occasions.
2. For heists switch bino's for replica Mistwall shield, I am doing mainly 83 heists and I didn't die once.
Cheers.
One question: what is better in cluster jewel: circling oblivion + Haemorrhage
or circling oblivion+ wicked pal?
Thanks

Haemorrhage is more DPS and Wicked Pall will be better QoL with increased skill effect duration. I believe Circling Oblivion + Wasting Affliction is actually best DPS (PoB doesn't show it), but that's just what I remember from playing it in 3.10.
I suspect a lot of folks having problems with being squishy are coming from tank builds. This isn't quite glass cannon, but it's absolutely not a tank, either - you need to manually avoid a lot of the incoming damage. Ranged mobs and heist door unlocks were the biggest source of RIPs for me until I changed playstyle just a bit.

Plague bearer - I only use this for DPS bursting on the map boss, metamorphs, etc. The rest of the time I run with it in Storage mode.

You cannot run directly at ranged mobs. Instead, move up beside them, then move through them sideways - if the poison prolif doesn't get them first!

Heist doors where mobs will stack up behind them - hide around the corner, then pop Vaal blade vortex as soon as the door opens. Pick up loot, profit.

You really need to be killing all the time. Only pick up the best loot. If you run out of blades, mana, flask charges, etc - you'll die. Play like you're trying to maintain Rampage, and for the most part, you'll be fine.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Can anyone tell me if I should have a certain amount of ES before I equip Diadem? I'm thinking if I have too low of ES, then my ES will go to 0 very quickly with BV usage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info