[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

Up to 34 challenges. Made easily over 100ex myself this league and been having a great time. Seriously thinking 40/40 is within reach in another week or two for me.

Also just killed A8 Sirus deathless for the first time. This build is ultra fun. Thanks again!

If you are looking for survivability i'm prefer this setup and tree it is still insane boss damage and insane map clear, i'm trying to craft tailwind boot.

And got the tailwin boot.

Last edited by psyerspective on Apr 16, 2020, 1:50:38 PM
"
The ONLY real problem i had with the original build was survivability on really juiced up maps (100% delirious + breach + legion + beyond,...) and ofc on Aul and Sirus - but Sirus one-shots most of the builds anyway, doesn't matter if you have leech or not, if you get hit by one of his abilities, you're dead. And Aul is still a problem for me, even with MoM and all that stuff.

Uber-elder is a joke, you can avoid 99% of dmg anyway if you know the mechanics. It's not like with Sirus, that he ports out of the screen and instantly triple-beams you to death, back to life, and back to death again.

Nevertheless, using gr0bbs build and changing it a bit to the Apep version made me a LOT tankier, without sacrificing too much dmg. But having that combination can be pricy too, and you need to know, what you can switch and change, without losing synergies or dmg. It's not like the Apep version is a better build - it's just tankier.

I still think, this is an awesome guide for most players who are looking for insane dmg with a decent budget (talking about ~30-50ex, whis is easily farmable for everyone). Just saying "switch to apep + MoM" won't help ppl who are looking for a detailled guide. They probably switch, notice a lot of dmg loss and think, gr0bbs guide sucks (which it doesn't). So yes, i get why gr0bbs is a bit pissed ;-)

mom + apep + golden rule, or golden rule+antivenom or using iron reflexes + shield + armor flask was used at early stage of league, when diadem was for 4ex, asenath for 12, impressence for 7ex and each CIP was 40c. running just with bino and couple of rares without diadem, resulted in dropping one aura or having mana issues, which lowers dmg even more, since most of players used just bino+ whatever else they find for cheap price.

yeah, at this league prices were crazy at start, so we all made a temporary solutions which we were using to keep urselves alive, before price drop. to make dmg 20mil from like 8mil, u need..

2x CIP, double cluster jewels, 1 or 2 synth rings.

thankfully cip worth nothing now, rings is 1ex ea. real cost is cluster jewels right now, so if u like in situtation when ur next upgrades taking u about 5ex+ while u have only one, to make it comfortable and not sit with 0% exp all time, picking any of mentioned combos might work, of cource if u actually know what u r doing and how those items work.

afterall most of this different version popped up here, because at league start we had skill tree without cluster jewels in pob + circling oblivion and low tolerance didnt work, before ggg fixed it. at that time OP didnt played, so he obviously couldnt help us by any means, he didnt even started to play at that time. the only way was tweaking a original build, merging a bit with others variations of build to make it tankier at low cost.

afterall if build was really bad, i wouldnt play it, it works decent at early stage, has some breakpoints in gear, and once u get to smth like 20mil dps (not shaper dps), u will fell pretty comfortable even without apep+mom, because mostly at this point everything dies before can hit u.

for now i just want to see how 100% t16 derilium will go for me with my current dps which is 22mil.
"
andrelb1 wrote:
"
Gr0bbs wrote:
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Q -When should I switch to poison?
A - After your second lab, it's fine to switch to poison. Somewhere around level 55. (Make sure your chance to poison on BV is as close to 100% as possible)
s[/span]

Hey, nice build do you think it is viable to use i with Cyclone + CwC + BV???? or it will lose to mutch damage to attach all this 3 gems??? and how about a trickester in that build?? less damage and more sustain and survivabilit??

and how to integrate Withering? what should be replaced and what is the links?

Abou the weapons, should i be using one Cold point and one Binos? or Both cold point for boss and both Binos for map clear??

about the belt (Wurms) what is the deal? it deal leechs only for Physycal atacks, and we are using spells... should i use some basic atacks for that??

at eraly game and low lvl, should i just pop BV and walk around with basic atacks??

thx alot...

with cwc u going to lose 2x gems, in best case its unleash and void manipulation i think, also cyclone will make u slower at map clear, yea u just need to press cyclone and dont bother with rest, but ur dmg will be lower than in original build.

in theory u can use dendrobate chest which gives 10lvl lesser poison, and if u match stats to 150int and 300dex it will give some bonuses, this way u can mitigate some dmg loss of using cwc cyclone. but i personally wouldnt recommend it unless u wanna just test it for fun or smth like that.

generally u run cip + bino until u get any source of explosion (asenath or explosive chest or sporeguard(?) ). once u got something from this u can drop bino and take 2nd cip for mapping. for bossing 2x cip if best, because it adds a lot of dps.

bino is just a weapon for clearing packs at early game when u dont have explosions.

i personally never used basic attack since killing boss in start area.
"
Rezechs wrote:

Amulet annoint?

Transformed into a new passive that grants 30% chaos damage/25% to wither on hit by my glorious vanity. Great QoL since I don't have any other source of increased damage taken. It helps a lot with tanky rare in high maps. Probably a bit less damage than Corruption when using totems to wither, but damage is not this build issue.

I might experiment with soul of steel for that sweet 80% all elemental res and 88% chaos as well as somme phys. reduction.
Last edited by Frugalité on Apr 15, 2020, 3:56:42 AM
"
tffiad wrote:

mom + apep + golden rule, or golden rule+antivenom or using iron reflexes + shield + armor flask was used at early stage of league, when diadem was for 4ex, asenath for 12, impressence for 7ex and each CIP was 40c. running just with bino and couple of rares without diadem, resulted in dropping one aura or having mana issues, which lowers dmg even more, since most of players used just bino+ whatever else they find for cheap price.

yeah, at this league prices were crazy at start, so we all made a temporary solutions which we were using to keep urselves alive, before price drop. to make dmg 20mil from like 8mil, u need..

It may sound arrogant, and it's not meant like that. But i don't really know these problems of currency-shortage at league start. The last few leagues, i was always sitting at ~10ex two days in (without lucky drops that is). Which still is nothing, compared to the currency farmer. That's why i got the Diadem for 5ex, because i knew, how damn good it is in general. Never played BV or any poison build before, but i knew, that item pushes me to perform better, which in turn makes me earn more currency.

Depending on next league's mechanics, i'll probably start with this build again. A decent budget (~20ex) gets you very far early on. And it's more fun to play than a miner or storm brand build.
"
Frugalité wrote:
"
Rezechs wrote:

Amulet annoint?

Transformed into a new passive that grants 30% chaos damage/25% to wither on hit by my glorious vanity. Great QoL since I don't have any other source of increased damage taken. It helps a lot with tanky rare in high maps. Probably a bit less damage than Corruption when using totems to wither, but damage is not this build issue.

I might experiment with soul of steel for that sweet 80% all elemental res and 88% chaos as well as somme phys. reduction.

Amulet anoints says Destructive Apparatus, doesn't that applies only to mines?
Also Saffel's give 4% max resist, so with Saffel + Soul of Steel you would be at 90% chaos and 80% elemental resistances.
Hey guys I'm currently leveling with this build. I'm lvl 76 right now, dps is good but my survivability is horrible. I'm at 3.5k life...
Where am i wrong with my gear or my skill tree?
My profil is public. Thanks
Maybe he has ritual of shadows there instead of destructive apparatus
"
"
tffiad wrote:

It may sound arrogant, and it's not meant like that. But i don't really know these problems of currency-shortage at league start. The last few leagues, i was always sitting at ~10ex two days in (without lucky drops that is). Which still is nothing, compared to the currency farmer. That's why i got the Diadem for 5ex, because i knew, how damn good it is in general. Never played BV or any poison build before, but i knew, that item pushes me to perform better, which in turn makes me earn more currency.

Depending on next league's mechanics, i'll probably start with this build again. A decent budget (~20ex) gets you very far early on. And it's more fun to play than a miner or storm brand build.

my luck wasnt that good, my 1st ex dropped to me at t6 map lol. with such drop frequency i was bit guilty to buy diadem for 5+ex. i bought it for 2ex when price dropped down.

i personally didnt expect that this build will have such crazy prices at start, at the end of meta league i picked this build because it was speedclear build with low budget compared to ice nova, which is 4ex mandatory for cospri. but build became widely used at start of league so all my plans of fast gearing with all must have items were a bit messed.

later on ive got some lucky drops which carried me to buying diadem for 2ex, impressence for 7ex, and explosive chest for 8ex, because asenath was 11ex at the time of buying. since then i was broke until last 2days. just got some pricey unique rings which sold to fit a 2nd cluster jewel setup, and it boosted damage a lot.

im not sure what ill pick for next league, im not even sure if i will actually play next league. possibly ill make cycloner or something else which will be fun to play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info