[3.13 UPDATED] gr0bbs | Poison Blade Vortex | Budget Viable | Endgame 50Mil+ DPS | Video Guide

im not saying to not play this build urs or any other version of poison BV, but if ill say that he will fight a8 siurs easily as mana guardian - it will be a lie as long as there is not really high dps, which u mentioned above.

im not playing ur version right now, it doesnt mean that i didnt played it before, i changed to apep/mom and used more defensive layers for a reason, as i felt pretty uncomfortable with be with 3.900HP with phase acrobatics, doing red maps with cip+bino and then 2x cip.

yea damage was nice, but amount of 1shots made it uneffective in terms of time spent and exp lost, to make it profitable enough for gaining currency to my next upgrade regarding to that build. to fix this issue i added more defensive layers to build to prevent 1shots, now im with 6kehp which is enough to keep urself alive in most cases with a room for making mistakes and taking some damage which will not be lethal anymore as it was.

i treat my current setup with apep+mom and more hp from tree, as midstep to what uve got in ur guide, because at this league this build is not budget viable if u want to get more than 10mil dps.

and i personally really find it annoying that poison dmg cant be leeched, as everything i played before had source of life/es leech in some way. i know this cant fixed, just saying that its a bit sad, ele and phys dmg can be leeched without issues while poison not.
Last edited by tffiad on Apr 14, 2020, 5:16:34 AM
The ONLY real problem i had with the original build was survivability on really juiced up maps (100% delirious + breach + legion + beyond,...) and ofc on Aul and Sirus - but Sirus one-shots most of the builds anyway, doesn't matter if you have leech or not, if you get hit by one of his abilities, you're dead. And Aul is still a problem for me, even with MoM and all that stuff.

Uber-elder is a joke, you can avoid 99% of dmg anyway if you know the mechanics. It's not like with Sirus, that he ports out of the screen and instantly triple-beams you to death, back to life, and back to death again.

Nevertheless, using gr0bbs build and changing it a bit to the Apep version made me a LOT tankier, without sacrificing too much dmg. But having that combination can be pricy too, and you need to know, what you can switch and change, without losing synergies or dmg. It's not like the Apep version is a better build - it's just tankier.

I still think, this is an awesome guide for most players who are looking for insane dmg with a decent budget (talking about ~30-50ex, whis is easily farmable for everyone). Just saying "switch to apep + MoM" won't help ppl who are looking for a detailled guide. They probably switch, notice a lot of dmg loss and think, gr0bbs guide sucks (which it doesn't). So yes, i get why gr0bbs is a bit pissed ;-)
"
The ONLY real problem i had with the original build was survivability on really juiced up maps (100% delirious + breach + legion + beyond,...) and ofc on Aul and Sirus - but Sirus one-shots most of the builds anyway, doesn't matter if you have leech or not, if you get hit by one of his abilities, you're dead. And Aul is still a problem for me, even with MoM and all that stuff.

Uber-elder is a joke, you can avoid 99% of dmg anyway if you know the mechanics. It's not like with Sirus, that he ports out of the screen and instantly triple-beams you to death, back to life, and back to death again.

Nevertheless, using gr0bbs build and changing it a bit to the Apep version made me a LOT tankier, without sacrificing too much dmg. But having that combination can be pricy too, and you need to know, what you can switch and change, without losing synergies or dmg. It's not like the Apep version is a better build - it's just tankier.

I still think, this is an awesome guide for most players who are looking for insane dmg with a decent budget (talking about ~30-50ex, whis is easily farmable for everyone). Just saying "switch to apep + MoM" won't help ppl who are looking for a detailled guide. They probably switch, notice a lot of dmg loss and think, gr0bbs guide sucks (which it doesn't). So yes, i get why gr0bbs is a bit pissed ;-)

Exactly right, i'm not saying DONT change the build and play your own variation. Im simply saying, dont give false advice about MY build if you aren't following MY guide.

Simple :)
(3.9) | Poison BV Assassin (Crush T15 Metamorphs on a budget)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2714125

(3.9) | Burning Arrow Starter build
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2688339
I used the base of the build as well as the divine flesh option posted some pages ago. It honestly doesn't really need more damage so I invested a bit more in defense.

The two main changes I did are Saffel's frame with a nice phys as chaos corruption, to reach 79% all elemental resistances in addition to having 88% chaos resistance, and aspect of the crab instead of spider. Since we have a decent amount of evasion and dodge, it's almost always up and really useful to against bosses who have one dangerous attack every X second. With fortify, basalt and pantheon, that gives me around 60-70% phys reduction. Added to 6k hp, I tank most things assuming I don't dodge/evade them first.
As we stack already a lot of monsters take % increased dammage with wither, aspect of spider really doesn't feel worth it. Crabby aspect also has a nice synergy with my 3 surgin vitality against boss, if I take a big hit, run away for 5 second, get the regen and barrier back up, and I'm good to go.

Clear is extremly good with asenath's and sporeguard, and I don't feel like I need more dps for bosses like Uber Elder and Sirus which are quite easy of you know the mechanics. Unless you want to do uber juiced T19 100% delirium, having more dps seems really useless, I feel much more confortable investing in defence. I'll push to 100 with this character.

Next upgrade will be double corrupted sporeguard, I poofed two so far, I hope I'll be luckier next time.

My stuff:

Spoiler

Last edited by Frugalité on Apr 14, 2020, 11:42:52 AM
Could you please tell me more about Apep wand and how it works with this setup?

I build this character yesterday and got all I have on my profile. Being randomly one shot is something that I want to avoid. Kosis at 100% delirium is a pain in the ass. Still improving my bossing skills.

I spoke at discord with build admins, they are great to be honest, and together we came to the conclusion that my bossing practice/mechanic is shit and I have to get used to this kind of build and improve myself. I agree, this is my second season and I have to learn a lot.

And now time to few questions:
Just wondering if there is any other weapon instead of CIP with Unholy Might I can use?

What enchants instead of Dash travel and Despair cure effect I can use?

Got Watcher's Eye with Damaging Ailments while affected by Malevolence, what additional mod should I look for?

Is there anything I can do to improve my sustain against bosses? Or anything that is missing in my tree or items
"
mefistofx wrote:

I build this character yesterday and got all I have on my profile. Being randomly one shot is something that I want to avoid. Kosis at 100% delirium is a pain in the ass. Still improving my bossing skills.

I spoke at discord with build admins, they are great to be honest, and together we came to the conclusion that my bossing practice/mechanic is shit and I have to get used to this kind of build and improve myself. I agree, this is my second season and I have to learn a lot.

Just wondering if there is any other weapon instead of CIP with Unholy Might I can use?

Got Watcher's Eye with Damaging Ailments while affected by Malevolence, what additional mod should I look for?

Is there anything I can do to improve my sustain against bosses? Or anything that is missing in my tree or items

Plague bearer poison damage enchant works as well. Best Watchers Eye is caos damager over time multiplier + ailments deal damage faster (but expect to pay ~60 ex for this).
I feel kind of stuck around early red maps, can someone have a look and tell me what my next steps should look like?

Budget-wise in no position for real end-game kind of gear you guys have, but I guess there are some obvious/glaring mistakes in my items or passive tree that could fix some of my survivability issues?

"
Gr0bbs wrote:
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Q -When should I switch to poison?
A - After your second lab, it's fine to switch to poison. Somewhere around level 55. (Make sure your chance to poison on BV is as close to 100% as possible)
s[/span]

Hey, nice build do you think it is viable to use i with Cyclone + CwC + BV???? or it will lose to mutch damage to attach all this 3 gems??? and how about a trickester in that build?? less damage and more sustain and survivabilit??

and how to integrate Withering? what should be replaced and what is the links?

Abou the weapons, should i be using one Cold point and one Binos? or Both cold point for boss and both Binos for map clear??

about the belt (Wurms) what is the deal? it deal leechs only for Physycal atacks, and we are using spells... should i use some basic atacks for that??

at eraly game and low lvl, should i just pop BV and walk around with basic atacks??

thx alot...

Last edited by andrelb1 on Apr 14, 2020, 6:13:32 PM
"
mefistofx wrote:

You chose the wrong build you can never avoid 1 shots with evasion based builds. While i Do die very little 1 shots will always happen
"
Frugalité wrote:
I used the base of the build as well as the divine flesh option posted some pages ago. It honestly doesn't really need more damage so I invested a bit more in defense.

The two main changes I did are Saffel's frame with a nice phys as chaos corruption, to reach 79% all elemental resistances in addition to having 88% chaos resistance, and aspect of the crab instead of spider. Since we have a decent amount of evasion and dodge, it's almost always up and really useful to against bosses who have one dangerous attack every X second. With fortify, basalt and pantheon, that gives me around 60-70% phys reduction. Added to 6k hp, I tank most things assuming I don't dodge/evade them first.
As we stack already a lot of monsters take % increased dammage with wither, aspect of spider really doesn't feel worth it. Crabby aspect also has a nice synergy with my 3 surgin vitality against boss, if I take a big hit, run away for 5 second, get the regen and barrier back up, and I'm good to go.

Clear is extremly good with asenath's and sporeguard, and I don't feel like I need more dps for bosses like Uber Elder and Sirus which are quite easy of you know the mechanics. Unless you want to do uber juiced T19 100% delirium, having more dps seems really useless, I feel much more confortable investing in defence. I'll push to 100 with this character.

Next upgrade will be double corrupted sporeguard, I poofed two so far, I hope I'll be luckier next time.

My stuff:

Spoiler

Amulet annoint?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info