[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
gabolaman wrote:
I am thinking of investing 4ex on this build, but while the clear is pretty great, I am a bit disappointed in the single target department. I am still rocking a 5L and some trash gear, but would like to know from players that did invest on this build: how are you faring against bosses?

Once u switch to TR and have a decent bow (6L and +1 +2 gems) and some attack speed on some gear boss damage is good.
Boss damage becomes great once u get +1 chaos amulet, Chaos dmg over time quiver, some good cluster jewels which should be easier to get in a few days.

I don't have really good gear and killed Sirus AW 5 twice now (deathless) and clear T14-16 np.
"
"
gabolaman wrote:
I am thinking of investing 4ex on this build, but while the clear is pretty great, I am a bit disappointed in the single target department. I am still rocking a 5L and some trash gear, but would like to know from players that did invest on this build: how are you faring against bosses?

Once u switch to TR and have a decent bow (6L and +1 +2 gems) and some attack speed on some gear boss damage is good.
Boss damage becomes great once u get +1 chaos amulet, Chaos dmg over time quiver, some good cluster jewels which should be easier to get in a few days.

I don't have really good gear and killed Sirus AW 5 twice now (deathless) and clear T14-16 np.

And with all that its still better with caustic arrow.
I'm having a little bit of a hard time on ssf hc. I've taken down a couple of t16 conquerers and shaper guardians + elder guardians. I'd realy like to get that ring drop, but it just doesn't drop for me. Those anyone know if it's delirium unique?
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
Oh man i cant kill sirus with this build =( i just suck at those mechanics.

I thin i must have a burst to kill it =/
"
firestronk wrote:

What type of CWDT set up would you use? Some type of defense?
Probably steelskin / immortal call. Some people use withering step but I dislike how withering step proc makes elusive drop off instantly after instead of staying. Some people link golem to cwdt because these die all the time.

Atm I'm trying enduring cry in a free socket (cannot be linked with cwdt sadly, doesn't work), but not sure about this, it feels a bit awkward to use.

"
gokudin wrote:
Oh man i cant kill sirus with this build =( i just suck at those mechanics.
What's killing you?
most of the time got killed by dot dmg on the ground or for those 4 beans almost all the time i lose him from my sight i die lol
Upgraded my bow, added about 200k to CA tooltip dot, sitting at 570k

"
gokudin wrote:
most of the time got killed by dot dmg on the ground or for those 4 beans almost all the time i lose him from my sight i die lol

Well, dont stay in dot then... :-) Wither totems are your friend too, not only they are able to taunt lots of Sirus attacks, but they actually show you his position too.
Basic trick is the same as in Uber Elder - never stop moving, cicrle in one direction. When you hear him say "die", use your moving spell to jump.
"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
"
"
gabolaman wrote:

And with all that its still better with caustic arrow.

CA is good early in the game like Hasunic mentioned many times and that's correct.
The difference between TR and CA is that CA doesn't stack so you can't reach TR kind of dmg.
Once you get to end game (any player not you specifically) TR does millions more DPS compared to CA.
There's a reason TR massively dominates poe ninja compared to CA so saying CA is better is nonsensical but i guess you know better than all the top players.
I am rally enjoying the build, as a first time player CA/ TR!

I got lucky with my vaal orbs, and relized yesteday, how lucky I got with my amy aswell, since all my hunter gear is selfcrafted (amy base bought).

My single target is slowly becoming better, but my boss survivabilty is still not that great, since I am missing out on some kind of life regen?

Can someone help me where to go next? Got smth like 3ex and 500c left to invest.

Gear:
"

Currently leveling TR in offhand to hit lvl21 vaal and one empower on the way to hit lvl 3.

Also I skipped Delirium and never used those cluster jewels, is this one any good?

Thanks in advance and good luck to you all :)

@Hasunic: No, the ring is not gated behind some mechanic and can drop anywhere - me and a friend of mine got the ring aswell during normal mapping. Hope you get lucky!
Last edited by morfer on Jun 29, 2020, 1:49:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info