[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

I notice on OP profile you are not using arrow nova, is this to swap for boss? with say swift affliction or something?
"
Namper wrote:
I notice on OP profile you are not using arrow nova, is this to swap for boss? with say swift affliction or something?

Arrow Nova for clear but only when your damage is high enough. If not use pierce, or GMP if you want.
I must say i really disliked Arrow Nova when i tryed it for a first time, but when you learn how to addapt playstyle to it, it is just really amazing clear speed. I only swap it with Void Manipulation for guardians and higher.

And i finally crafted acceptable jewel i wanted! :-)
"
evilmindcz wrote:
I must say i really disliked Arrow Nova when i tryed it for a first time, but when you learn how to addapt playstyle to it, it is just really amazing clear speed.
What did you do btw? Because I have the same problem, tried Arrow Nova and the delay / slow landing and off-center targeting was a bit annoying. How did you adapt to it?
Hey, i've been really enjoying this build but as of late, I have been struggling on maps like t8/t9. I'm level 87 and only have 123k DoT on CA/47k on TR. Just wondering if someone could clear up what I am doing wrong with my gear or skills.

I've neglected to upgrade the rings but I am getting to those later today. Here's the pastebin link if you want to look at the PoB itself, https://pastebin.com/yknE3URq
"
firestronk wrote:
Just wondering if someone could clear up what I am doing wrong with my gear or skills.
Buy at least lvl 20 CA / TR, I bought them for ~3c each yday? It's a very easy upgrade.

Not a fan of silver flask, would rather pick a defensive one, and if you need a mana flask, I think enduring is a must or it's gonna cancel itself all the time. No anti-freeze flask? That's a scary one.

No despair as either gem or witchfire brew or curse on hit setup is gonna hurt your damage. I'm trying the skitterbot ring atm Hasunic recommended for early on and I think it curses stuff pretty quickly.

Also how come you have so much cold resist but 5% short on lightning? Were you in process of swapping gear around?

Not sure about the no-empower setup and running culling strike on TR, but I think some people tested it and it worked for them?

You also have a lot of free sockets, maybe some cwdt setup?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
firestronk wrote:
Just wondering if someone could clear up what I am doing wrong with my gear or skills.
Buy at least lvl 20 CA / TR, I bought them for ~3c each yday? It's a very easy upgrade.

Not a fan of silver flask, would rather pick a defensive one, and if you need a mana flask, I think enduring is a must or it's gonna cancel itself all the time. No anti-freeze flask? That's a scary one.

No despair as either gem or witchfire brew or curse on hit setup is gonna hurt your damage. I'm trying the skitterbot ring atm Hasunic recommended for early on and I think it curses stuff pretty quickly.

Also how come you have so much cold resist but 5% short on lightning? Were you in process of swapping gear around?

Not sure about the no-empower setup and running culling strike on TR, but I think some people tested it and it worked for them?

You also have a lot of free sockets, maybe some cwdt setup?

Ironically, I get frozen a lot but I have never actually died to it but it was on my list of things to look into. Same thing with the mana flask, i've been looking into buying a new one.

No idea what happened in regards to the lightning resists but it is fixed now. My 2nd ring was picked up sometime during the story so it was long overdue for an upgrade.

What type of CWDT set up would you use? Some type of defense?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
evilmindcz wrote:
I must say i really disliked Arrow Nova when i tryed it for a first time, but when you learn how to addapt playstyle to it, it is just really amazing clear speed.
What did you do btw? Because I have the same problem, tried Arrow Nova and the delay / slow landing and off-center targeting was a bit annoying. How did you adapt to it?

I just started shootig it in advance, before i actually see there is something to shoot at. This way i'm not bothered by delay anymore... :-) It might sound strange, but it actually works for me, i'm usually hiting both left/right mouse buttons at the same time while moving, so if there was something there before i move there, its usually already dead.
I am thinking of investing 4ex on this build, but while the clear is pretty great, I am a bit disappointed in the single target department. I am still rocking a 5L and some trash gear, but would like to know from players that did invest on this build: how are you faring against bosses?
"
gabolaman wrote:
I am thinking of investing 4ex on this build, but while the clear is pretty great, I am a bit disappointed in the single target department. I am still rocking a 5L and some trash gear, but would like to know from players that did invest on this build: how are you faring against bosses?

Single Target is quite great actually, and i only ever use caustic arrow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info